• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre-Match | Liverpool vs Leicester | PL Matchday 8 | Saturday October 5th | 15:00h | Anfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Want to keep it as short as possible because i'm watching our CL game while writing this.

Leicester is next and it will also be my first game visiting Anfield.

I have no idea how we wil line up but i'm hoping Matip will be back. Klopp could make some changes in midfield.

Adrian
TAA Matip VvD Robertson
Ox Henderson Milner
Salah Firmino Mané

Y.N.W.A

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Worried about this. TAA deflecting one off a free kick will do nicely. BR has them setup and playing very well. Granted it’s all because Suarez signed for them in the summer. Get out with 3 points and I’ll be a happy bunny. Could be a cricket score.....

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
Won’t be easy this. They counter well and have some very pacey and intelligent players. They also have confidence which creates belief so we need to be ready and concentrated on the job at hand.
None of this switching off like we did against Red Bull bollocks.
I’d be happy with a 2-1. We don’t look great at the back at the minute.
Last season Maguire scored for them when he should have already been sent off so we owe them one.
Same team as against Red Bull with maybe Henderson sitting out for Ox or Milner or keita as he looks like he needs a rest.
Otherwise let’s just get the points.

Magnus

If we play near our best, we will slice them open and score 3-4 goals, which would be enough to win in any case. If we do not play near our best, this could be an edgy affair. I think we will beat them something like 3-1 or 4-2. They are good enough to score a goal, at least, against our defense, but not more than 2. So if we score a couple we will almost certainly win. I am rather confident, and more so against Leicester than I was against Salzburg who I knew was very dangerous. Our players know Leicester well though, and well enough to not be surprised at least.

redalways

TIA Regular
Now that the Brendan Rodgers tribute act is over, I hope we get back to regular business. First priority is all three points without any injuries, second priority is a clean sheet. And then if we can, hopefully, rotate the squad a little. It's still early days in the season, and the last thing we want here is a premature burnout, not when we still have the usual nightmare January/February to worry about.

SevvyLFC

Morning all. This is my first game since the new stand was finished, how good are the fan zones now for a beer? Or still a good atmosphere in the Sandon? Also anyone close to Anfield have space in their drive for us to park the car? ££

Dutch

Ad-free Member
I have a bad feeling about this one. Leicester is in a good way and they will love all the space behind our back 4. Becker will still not be ready jet and on top of all the PL isn't taking any chances. They are sending Chris Kavanagh, born in Manchester, to referee this match and Antony "born and raised in Manchester" Taylor as the VAR.

No, I have a very, very bad feeling about this one.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
I have a bad feeling about this one. Leicester is in a good way and they will love all the space behind our back 4. Becker will still not be ready jet and on top of all the PL isn't taking any chances. They are sending Chris Kavanagh, born in Manchester, to referee this match and Antony "born and raised in Manchester" Taylor as the VAR.

No, I have a very, very bad feeling about this one.

Well he's ref'd us 4 times and we've won 4 times.

RodM

Want to keep it as short as possible because i'm watching our CL game while writing this.

I have no idea how we wil line up but i'm hoping Matip will be back. Klopp could make some changes in midfield.

Adrian
TAA Matip VvD Robertson
Ox Henderson Milner
Salah Firmino Mané

Y.N.W.A
I'd like to see Matip back to fitness but I would be tempted to play Gomez for this and to have him, Allison and others ready for after the international break.

Incidentally, is this one live on Sky Deutschland? Their app is pretty useless but I can't work out whether the Magenta box still gives you access to the app if you go down that route.

Flobs

FADA
Won’t be easy this. They counter well and have some very pacey and intelligent players. They also have confidence which creates belief so we need to be ready and concentrated on the job at hand.
None of this switching off like we did against Red Bull bollocks.
I’d be happy with a 2-1. We don’t look great at the back at the minute.
Last season Maguire scored for them when he should have already been sent off so we owe them one.
Same team as against Red Bull with maybe Henderson sitting out for Ox or Milner or keita as he looks like he needs a rest.
Otherwise let’s just get the points.
Personally I think Hendo will start. Looks like he starts runs around like a mad man for 60 odd minutes whilst Gini looks cool and collected. He gets subbed off with Milner coming on if some muscle is needed or OX (perhaps Kieta) if some penetration is required.
Could get complicated if Fabinho needs a rest as we're looking at 2 midfield substitutions.
Anyway we'll see, not long to wait. :)

Redopium

Will be a tough game especially after last night, our midfield look shattered in the second half so maybe Milner and Keita should be getting a start, hope Matip is back as Gomez had a bit of a shocker last night.

Red over the water

We have some tough tests in the next few games, including this one, but we could really do with the points here as it is at home, and then there will be a sense that if somewhere along the way we drop a couple of points, we have more than enough in the bank already to withstand it.

Like everyone else, I think a little shuffle in midfield might be on the cards. One or the other of Ox/Keita, for one or the other of Henderson/Wijnaldum. Nothing too drastic, just freshen it up a bit.

Other than that, Matip has been playing very well so hopefully he is back, but if not, Gomez is excellent and I back his pace to nullify the threat from Vardy. Yes, Gomez started slowly against Salzburg, but he grew into the game as it wore on. Another mitigating factor was that VVD was also having a very rare bad game. But personally, I trust Gomez if he is called on, and I'm remembering what a good player he is as he showed us in the first half of last season before injury.

Brendan is back and he should get a warm welcome. He definitely has his plus points as a coach, and went close to the title with us. In the end we let him go, so he will be eager to fire up his team and do well on his old stomping ground.

Hopefully we will respond well after a little bit of complacency in Europe this week, and if we do, we will have too much for Leicester.

I'm seeing 3-1 to the reds.

Van Dijk is due a header. Mane will score. And Bobby will dazzle with the other. Unfortunately Steptoe will get one for them too, but we will run out worthy winners.

Noo Noo

Adrian
TAA Matip VvD Robertson
Ox Henderson Milner
Salah Firmino Mané

Y.N.W.A
Enjoy your day!

Selection wise I'm not massively bothered. It's a bizarre feeling being pretty comfortable with every player in the squad. I haven't had that in a long long time.

Tactics and discipline (tactical) would be my only concern with Vardy, that very high line we're playing now and the utterly stupid offside system we have at the moment.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
I am a little worried about this one, but hopeful that we will be fully prepared. Can't give Vardy free runs at goal. He often seems to punish us without making it easy for him.

Uneasy 2-1 to us.

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
I have a confession. For some reason I hate BR. Yes we almost won the title with him, yes he wasn't the worse manager we have seen, but I never liked him. He always seemed a bit smug to me. It might be a bit harsh, but it seemed to me as if everything was working out for him that season , without him even knowing why. the season after Suarez left, it all came crashing down around him and he couldn't understand why or how. Kept blaming the transfer policy, the players not getting his "system".

I really want us to expose him as the bad imitation he is for a proper manager.

Herb

Last night was all a massive ploy to lure them into thinking they can go toe to toe with us. They will be overconfident and Rodgers won’t be able to resist going into the game with an attacking mindset.

4-0 the reds.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Meeting @GermanRed for this one.
Should be a good game. The Salzburg performance (defensively) should be a wake up call.

Time for this Liver Bird to really start playing and we can show how good we actually are. Nothing but 3 points.

Lets go.
Will be an interesting tilt, this one. Vardy will score for certain and imagine there will be a few hard tackles. But we need to smash them just because Schmeichel deserves a good hiding

Dutch

Ad-free Member
Will be an interesting tilt, this one. Vardy will score for certain and imagine there will be a few hard tackles. But we need to smash them just because Schmeichel deserves a good hiding
He really is an unpleasant human being, isn't he?

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Think we will drop points here.

1-1

I dont see Alisson coming back when he can have another 2 weeks training during international break then come back for Utd.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Vardy is the threat and the dilemma is whether to have Gomez for speed or Matip for sheer presence. I reckon if fit its Matip.
Midfield is Fab, Gini and Keita/Ox in mt opinion but Hendo will probably start. Front 3 as usual with Bobby going a bit deeper when Origi comes on.

This is ourbiggest PL challenge to date including Arsenal and Chelsea. BR has done a good job there. Time to end his honeymoon.

jaffod

Leicester's strength is in midfield. Match them there and we'll more than likely win. Pointless speculating, team will be picked on what the medical staff tell JK but wouldn't be surprised to see any of Divock, Milner, Keita, AOC or even Lallana in the line-up. JK has to start rotating now to keep players fresh and to get the back-ups up to match fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.