• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre-Match | Liverpool vs Leicester | PL Matchday 8 | Saturday October 5th | 15:00h | Anfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Gomez x

I’m predicting a very difficult game to be honest. Just seen that Joe Gomez will be starting due to Matip still recovering. His pace will be useful against Vardy but he will need to be sharper in this than he has been so far this season. Hopefully we plays as well as he did against Leicester last season, when he kept us in it.

Fabinho to man mark Maddison and take him out of the game and Salah to hit a hat trick

MrRinsin

TIA Regular
A 90 mins solid performance is overdue if you ask me and it would be highly appreciated this weekend. Press speaking up the Leicester like they are World class, no they ain't, they were weak as shite at Old Toilet, couldn't see off a very, very poor Manure team. Bring on Vardy and Maddison, so what, i'm not afraid and neither should you be, we're gonna score 3, 4 or 5 this weekend with a clean sheet to boot and a big smile on my face when i see big Ali back between the sticks (Thanks Adrian, solid understudy, now go warm that bench). I smell a hatrick for the Egyptian, Mane's been stealing his thunder and he wants to be up on that perch again with the Liverbird.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
A 90 mins solid performance is overdue if you ask me and it would be highly appreciated this weekend. Press speaking up the Leicester like they are World class, no they ain't, they were weak as shite at Old Toilet, couldn't see off a very, very poor Manure team. Bring on Vardy and Maddison, so what, i'm not afraid and neither should you be, we're gonna score 3, 4 or 5 this weekend with a clean sheet to boot and a big smile on my face when i see big Ali back between the sticks (Thanks Adrian, solid understudy, now go warm that bench). I smell a hatrick for the Egyptian, Mane's been stealing his thunder and he wants to be up on that perch again with the Liverbird.
Press are desperate for anyone to beat us. It's just Leicester's turn this week.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
I‘m nervous but not so much because of my trip.

Our winning streak in the league will end at some point but hopefully not tomorrow when I’m there.

Our defensive problems in the last few weeks and now Matip possibly missing out. If we defend like we did against Sheffield or Salzburg Vardy will score a few goals against us.

Leicesters form and Rodgers coming back. Leaders vs third.

Plus first time this season where our opponent could have a real fitness advantage over our players. VvD, the fullbacks, Fabinho and the Front3 could all feel a bit fatigue.

So much coming together tomorrow.

Could be a game with a few goals by both teams or a nervous 1-0. Just can’t see an easy win at the moment.

I have two more predictions:

1. James Maddison will have his worst game of the season tomorrow.

2. 7 points out of the next 3 league games (Leicester, ManU and Spurs) and I’ll be confident enough to say we'll win the league.
I have a third prediction, you’re meeting @Red_Jedi , it will all be absolutely wonderful :)

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
I would rest Henderson and/or Gini for this one, replaced by a combo of Ox/Keita/Milner. Rest of the team stays the same as midweek. I expect them to counter attack, however I don’t think they will be as defensive as most teams that visit Anfield.

I hope BR gets a good reception, I’m sure he will, Anfield tends to remember. I didn’t like the guy as a Liverpool manager, I just think he deserves respect.

Mamadou.sakho

3 points is a must if we're gonna challenge for premier league title
maintain momentum is not easy these days
and also do not rush alisson but if he's ready then it'll be a good match before the big match against manure

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
I think we’ve reached a critical juncture here: @Red_Jedi is now overrated.
Can someone please have a word with @Alright Now please. I thought that the ink on the tattoo would have dried by now. Moderators, could you step in before this gets out of hand. We've got a match on today. Need 3 points. Don't need this type of bickering. I'm going to be stood next to @GermanRed in the Kop, and need to focus for the team - sing and shout etc. Can't be dealing with this type of sideshow.

:p

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
This is the most important game of the season, well at least it will be until the next one. It's an absolutely must win game.

Today, we face outstanding lestah citeh, (or "the chissits" in ἡ κοινὴ διάλεκτος), a group "where a lot of them have personality", according to brenda "just a humble genius" rodgers.

Speaking of Liverpool he once said, “I am the same guy who nearly won us the league, but better. I think I have shown in the early stages of my management – without being arrogant – that with a talented group of players I can compete at the top end of the league.”

So we had better look to our laurels when facing a team of outstanding character lead by this footballing genius, and, lest we forget, recall his stirring words:

"It's not always plain sailing , especially when you're flying”

I shall spare the details of the Mem's response on discovering that "outstanding character" rodgers, was returning to Anfield. Suffice to say that Boudica's sleeping inner tiger awoke. When one says "sleeping" and "awoke", they are perhaps the wrong words, given that Boudica's inner tiger never takes more than the briefest cat-naps. Anyway, she busied herself mobilizing the outstanding ladies of the Leigh and District townswomen's guild, issuing the obligatory billhooks and poleaxes. Let's hope they show the necessary character.

Lawro, has continued to pronounce maledictions in our general direction, this week predicting 2 - 1 to us; despite his persistent imprecations, I have fingers and toes crossed for a win.

Hopefully his attempted kiss of death won't throw a spanner in the works and upset the apple-cart. :rolleyes:

I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win to us. :oops:

Rooster

What a hit son
What is it about Rodgers, that when he speaks, he says the right things, but you just want to say get your hand off your dick. Klopp on the other hand, you listen, enjoy, respect and he always nails it.

That out of the way, I'm with Dutch and very unsure of this one and have a bad feeling some points will be dropped.

7th Earl

Yep, like many others not feeling this today.

Score draw.

Thankfully we have a much easier game after this one.

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
Two changes for Liverpool from the midweek victory over Salzburg, with Dejan Lovren and James Milner coming in for Joe Gomez and Jordan Henderson. Harvey Elliott is named on the substitutes’ bench.

Liverpool: Adrian, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Milner, Wijnaldum, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Kelleher, Keita, Gomez, Henderson, Lallana, Origi, Elliott.

Status
Not open for further replies.