PRE MATCH: Liverpool vs Manchester United (EPL), Sunday December 16th 2018, 16:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
"Let the hate flow through you", a movie quote that seems relevant when I think of MU, at least to me. Our opponents are a poisonous team, with a poisonous manager, filled with poisonous fans.

Liverpool vs MU is the fixture I look forward to, and dread at the same time. It might have been different had I been born and raised in Liverpool. This is a game where a draw still feels like a loss, where a loss feels like the end of the world, and a win removes all chaos from the universe.
In the pre game press conference you can expect their manager to go on about all the money we have spent, the lack of recent trophies and how much he was won, in other words, just being the usual dickhead. Jurgen will be his normal self, giving everyone the respect they deserve, and completely deflecting any pathetic attempt at mind games.

We are top of the league, and we play the team in 6th. A team with approximately the same stats as AFC Bournemouth, yet Bournemouth play the more attractive football.

Liverpool's form for the last 5 games in the EPL has now officially taken on the appearance of sexy - WWWWW - 15 points, 3 away wins, 2 home wins, 4 clean sheets, 1 goal against, 13 goals for. WOW.

Manchester United's form for the last 5 games in the EPL has now officially taken on the appearance of blah - LDDDW - 6 points, 2 away draws, 1 home draw, 1 home win, 1 away loss, 1 clean sheet, 8 goal against, 9 goals for. WOW.

Liverpool have the recent injury to Joe Gomez, and the long term injury to the Ox, these are our only two major starting 11 that are out.

The major long term injury is to Sanchez, and they have doubts for Martial, Bailly and Shaw. I only expect Shaw to miss the game, out of those three. Pogba and Lukaku have fallen out of favor, so I expect both of them to play against us.

The lineup will be interesting for us, as they play for a draw away from home against top sides, hoping to snatch something extra. They will definitely bring the proverbial bus, and I am thinking maybe 2 of them, 1 for each half, just in case there is a breakdown. I think our line up will be reasonably predictable as Gini and Milner expended a lot energy for our fantastic win against Napoli.

My first guess lineup:

Code:
            Alisson
TAA    Lovren     Virgil   Robertson
               Fabinho
       Henderson      Keïta
              Firmino
          Salah     Mane
My second guess lineup:

Code:
            Alisson
      Henderson    Fabinho
            Firmino
  Shaqiri     Salah     Mane
I would be happy with either of these lineups, if I am completely wrong, I just hope its more attacking and adapt at breaking down stubborn a side.

I wish our neighbors good luck at the team that are now officially considered the main mancs. I don't have that much hope for them, their fans will see a point or 3 as amazing, and a loss as amazing for completely different reasons. We should just do what we have been doing, and ignore anything we can not directly effect, while taking joy in any bonuses that come our way.

I am again going for a immensely satisfying 3-0 win. This scoreline will put them in negative goal difference, add another clean sheet to our seasons collection, keep us at the top of the table, bring extra joy, and as I said in the beginning of the thread, it "removes all chaos from the universe"

Last edited:

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Great opening post. The flaw in your lineup - Matip is out for 6 weeks.

Would be happy enough with your first line, with Lovren in there. Can't see Klopp going for Kieta, Fabinho and Shaq in midfield.

But what about Gini?! It's nice to have midfield options for a change.

nobluff

Great opening post. The flaw in your lineup - Matip is out for 6 weeks.

Would be happy enough with your first line, with Lovren in there. Can't see Klopp going for Kieta, Fabinho and Shaq in midfield.

But what about Gini?! It's nice to have midfield options for a change.
Damit. I will have to edit. I think Gini is spent after Tuesday.

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
"Let the hate flow through you", a movie quote that seems relevant when I think of MU, at least to me. Our opponents are a poisonous team, with a poisonous manager, filled with poisonous fans.

Liverpool vs MU is the fixture I look forward to, and dread at the same time. It might have been different had I been born and raised in Liverpool. This is a game where a draw still feels like a loss, where a loss feels like the end of the world, and a win removes all chaos from the universe.
In the pre game press conference you can expect their manager to go on about all the money we have spent, the lack of recent trophies and how much he was won, in other words, just being the usual dickhead. Jurgen will be his normal self, giving everyone the respect they deserve, and completely deflecting any pathetic attempt at mind games.

We are top of the league, and we play the team in 6th. A team with approximately the same stats as AFC Bournemouth, yet Bournemouth play the more attractive football.

Liverpool's form for the last 5 games in the EPL has now officially taken on the appearance of sexy - WWWWW - 15 points, 3 away wins, 2 home wins, 4 clean sheets, 1 goal against, 13 goals for. WOW.

Manchester United's form for the last 5 games in the EPL has now officially taken on the appearance of blah - LDDDW - 6 points, 2 away draws, 1 home draw, 1 home win, 1 away loss, 1 clean sheet, 8 goal against, 9 goals for. WOW.

Liverpool have the recent injury to Joe Gomez, and the long term injury to the Ox, these are our only two major starting 11 that are out.

The major long term injury is to Sanchez, and they have doubts for Martial, Bailly and Shaw. I only expect Shaw to miss the game, out of those three. Pogba and Lukaku have fallen out of favor, so I expect both of them to play against us.

The lineup will be interesting for us, as they play for a draw away from home against top sides, hoping to snatch something extra. They will definitely bring the proverbial bus, and I am thinking maybe 2 of them, 1 for each half, just in case there is a breakdown. I think our line up will be reasonably predictable as Gini and Milner expended a lot energy for our fantastic win against Napoli.

My first guess lineup:

Code:
            Alisson
               Fabinho
       Henderson      Keïta
              Firmino
          Salah     Mane
My second guess lineup:

Code:
            Alisson
      Henderson    Fabinho
            Firmino
I would be happy with either of these lineups, if I am completely wrong, I just hope its more attacking and adapt at breaking down stubborn a side.

I wish our neighbors good luck at the team that are now officially considered the main mancs. I don't have that much hope for them, their fans will see a point or 3 as amazing, and a loss as amazing for completely different reasons. We should just do what we have been doing, and ignore anything we can not directly effect, while taking joy in any bonuses that come our way.

I am again going for a immensely satisfying 3-0 win. This scoreline will put them in negative goal difference, add another clean sheet to our seasons collection, keep us at the top of the table, bring extra joy, and as I said in the beginning of the thread, it "removes all chaos from the universe"
Is this the rumour about the pre match thread, or is it rumoured that the pre-match thread has been transferred? :think:

ptt

2019, a year of incredible celebration
5,6,7,8,9 and indeed 10 nill bets going on this one. United are a shambles (very much an outdoor slaughter house). They have a joke of a team, a comedian (in the worst way) of a manager, Carrickfan (enough said) and zero form nor tactics. We’ll put them to the sword and go full Aussie cricket team (circa mid 90s) on them. A batterance of the greatest extent on their increasingly stagnant carcass.

Bliss.

Redopium

Attack v defence again, I can see lukaku and elbows up top with 8 defenders hoofing long balls, Milner might have to play right back again, Keita should play he's been very good the two league games, utd is the only team Klopp has not beaten in pl so this needs to be rectified.

Alright Now

My first guess lineup:

Code:
            Alisson
               Fabinho
       Henderson      Keïta
              Firmino
          Salah     Mane
My second guess lineup:

Code:
            Alisson
      Henderson    Fabinho
            Firmino

Brilliant. Thanks, again.

Believe I saw Bailly start for them today against Valencia.

nobluff

Perfect pre game matches! They lose, Pogba and Lukaku have average games, we win, get extra days rest, our entire team playing well.

jaffod

I wouldn't be confident of beating these horrible cunts if their entire team had flu. It's always been the same even when they were shite and we were winning titles.
I expect the usual shithouse tactics, 6 man defence, long-ball, set-piece fucking rubbish, that fucking scumbag will tell them to leave a foot in on VVD and Lovren knowing we are down to the bones, fucking Atkinson the 'referee', De Gea pulling off worldies after being shite all season...I've seen it all too many times to think it will be any different.
Pretty sure Trent will miss this so I'd go with either Fabinho or Milner at RB and keep Hendo and Gini as the two with Shaqiri coming in. 5 days is more than enough recovery time after last night's efforts and the lads should be buzzing after that.
Oh, and let's not forget to mention their wonderful fans...looking forward to the full song-book with that festive favourite 'Feed The Scousers' getting a good airing. I fucking despise these cunts more and more as time goes by.
I'd fucking love us to beat these horrible cunts but like I said I've seen it too many times.

sms1986

Think both of us and City will win at the weekend, I don't see either Everton or United getting anything.

I can see a 3 or 4 goal hiding of these cunts.
Klopp moving Salah to a more central role gives him more freedom, they wont be able to cope.
Mane wont be as wasteful as he was on Tuesday, aside from his finishing he was immense.

Factor in Phil Jones, aka the worst central defender to walk the planet, it's in the bag.

nikz200

With Matip being out and Trents status not known, we are probably going to see lovren, Milner or Clyne maybe....... with Lovren we never know what version of him will turn up especially against United. Some people have said Fabinho might play centre back but i simply cannot see it happening in such a big game like this for us. Also hopeful for Keita and shaq to start and rip their midfield a new one.

Incognito

The Normal One
One game where just getting 3 points doesn't seem enough, but then we have for the first time bigger fish to fry. All players remaining fit, 3 points and we keep our momentum going and I'll be happy. Having said that wouldn't mind if we thrash them, watching them fck faces like Lingaard Fellaini Mourinho Pogba Rashford Jones Young pisses me off to no end.

Form goes out of window here. As shite as they are, these mid table teams always love causing an upset when the league leaders are in flow. Expect refs to be at their side, reckless tackles to disrupt our game and the shitty manager to get his huge bus to park at Anfield.

Line up pretty much depends on who's fit by Sunday. Believe those who didn't feature mid week are bound to start, so Shaqs, Keita and Fab should get a look in.

Hoping for a Merseyside double over the Manchester. :rolleyes:

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Crikey I don't look forward to playing these cunts. You just know that their horrible clown of a manager is going to get his cronies like Marijuana Felony etc to get as violent with our players as much as possible without getting on the refs bad side.

This match is always like a modern day recreation of the battle of the Somme, as is the Merseyside derby until this season (thanks Marco Silva).

Must be first time we've come up against them at home and had such a massive lead over them in the league. I'd love to see us play cleanly and through the snide shithouse tactics they'll no doubt employ, win comfortably and show them they deserve to be in mid table.

But my head says the form guide will be thrown out the window and we'll be happy to get out of this with no more injuries. Expext Gini to be replaced by Fabinho, Milner at RB snd the world's best cb to partner virgil.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
How I imagine Mourinho outside of Old Toilet

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Is this the rumour about the pre match thread, or is it rumoured that the pre-match thread has been transferred? :think:
You're missing a line or two in your post there mate!

Field the strongest, don't psych Lovren up too damn much or he would be running all over the pitch like an idiot. Ask him to stay in position, and play it simple, and leave the rest to his bloody teammates.

Please win.... please!!!

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
So we are down to the bones on some positions: two center backs left for the next six to eight weeks (really don't know how we'll cope with this to be fair), and no official right back fit for this game. In terms of selection, it means that Milner will most probably have to spring in at RB again.

Mané Firmino Salah
Shaqiri Keita
Fabinho
Robertson VVD Lovren Milner
Allisson​

This would be my team, but Klopp knows best, and he'll maybe go with a more conservative midfield. All will depend on Gini's and Hendo's fitness levels. The mancs will want to transform this game into the usual borefest we are most frequently dealt with when the two teams clash together.

But maybe we have just too much for them this term. I feel that Shaqiri's inclusion could be crucial to exploit the small pockets of space and feed the three forwards. Just have a go at them, keep the game fast and explosive. Don't allow this lot to slow us down. Just have a good go at it. Valencia showed us the way yesterday night. They are 15th in their league, and still managed to beat them quite comprehensively.

GermanRed

SACKED IN THE MORNING YOU'RE GETTING SACKED IN THE MORNING...

On current form we should absolutely trash them but Mourinho always finds a way to frustrate us (and i have the feeling that will happen again).

Finally a win in the league against United under Klopp would be huge in terms of our title race. Klopp needs to get Salah, Mané, Firmino, Keita and Shaqiri together on the pitch.

W00die

I'm in two minds, 1) I want to win 4 or 5 nil, we get 3 points and help goal difference, we humiliate them and we humiliate him or 2) we keep it to 2-0, we still get 3 points but more chance they keep with Mourinho and therefore stay shit and fighting each other. Either way I'd be happy.

Just hope they don't play dirty and injure some of our players, but I expect they will

donks

TIA First Team
We have a very poor record against the filth in recent times and Mourinho seems to have Klopp's number so I'm not expecting anything easy here. This game takes on a life of itself and anybody expecting a walk in the park on Sunday are deluded.

I expect a number of changes with Lovren, Keita and Fabinho most likely to come in but if United are going to defend deep in numbers id definitely start Sharqiri, he's the one player that has the final pass in tight areas.

7th Earl

Man Utd have been terrible for a number of years now yet we have still struggled against them.

Van Gaal got points against us and if I am right Klopp has not beaten Utd in the league yet? His only victory coming in the first leg of a Europa league match against them.

In the last couple of years we have been expected to beat them convincingly a few times but we have been Mourinho'd.

Now we go into this one 16 POINTS ahead of them. They are long overdue a hiding from us and I firmly believe that this it is finally going to happen this Sunday.

3-0.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
We have a very poor record against the filth in recent times and Mourinho seems to have Klopp's number so I'm not expecting anything easy here. This game takes on a life of itself and anybody expecting a walk in the park on Sunday are deluded.

I expect a number of changes with Lovren, Keita and Fabinho most likely to come in but if United are going to defend deep in numbers id definitely start Sharqiri, he's the one player that has the final pass in tight areas.
Mourinho has Klopp's number? I wouldn't think so:

October 2012: Borussia Dortmund 2-1 Real Madrid
November 2012: Real Madrid 2-2 Borussia Dortmund
April 2013: Borussia Dortmund 4-1 Real Madrid
April 2013: Real Madrid 2-0 Borussia Dortmund
October 2015: Chelsea 1-3 Liverpool
October 2016: Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United
January 2017: Manchester United 1-1 Liverpool
October 2017: Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United
March 2018: Manchester United 2-1 Liverpool

Yes, he won their last meeting in march this year, but the overall record is three wins for Klopp, four draws and two wins for Mourinho (one meaningless as Real were kicked out anyway by Dortmund).

donks

TIA First Team
Mourinho has Klopp's number? I wouldn't think so:

October 2012: Borussia Dortmund 2-1 Real Madrid
November 2012: Real Madrid 2-2 Borussia Dortmund
April 2013: Borussia Dortmund 4-1 Real Madrid
April 2013: Real Madrid 2-0 Borussia Dortmund
October 2015: Chelsea 1-3 Liverpool
October 2016: Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United
January 2017: Manchester United 1-1 Liverpool
October 2017: Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United
March 2018: Manchester United 2-1 Liverpool

Yes, he won their last meeting in march this year, but the overall record is three wins for Klopp, four draws and two wins for Mourinho (one meaningless as Real were kicked out anyway by Dortmund).
I'm only worried about Klopp's record as Liverpool manager against Mourinho and he hasn't beaten him yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.