PRE MATCH: Liverpool vs Newcastle (EPL), Wednesday December 26th 2018, 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Asian pundits, former EPL players talked about Benitez should have gone for it. I guess they think it's that easy to play against our midfield and defence, not to mention our strikers. Bollocks talk throwing caution in the wind. Emery would have parked the damn bus too.

Asian pundits, former EPL players talked about Benitez should have gone for it. I guess they think it's that easy to play against our midfield and defence, not to mention our strikers. Bollocks talk throwing caution in the wind. Emery would have parked the damn bus too.
Go for it when they have a 6 pointer coming up lol Pundshits

Commando

Back to the “soft” penalty. For me it’s more of a penalty than some trips in the box. It’s very very easy to mistime a tackle (tackling being a part of football). But you don’t accidentally pull someone back. Pulling somebody back is done deliberately.

Noo Noo

Very very soft penalty in my book almost at the point where it made me feel uncomfortable.

If that had happened to us I'd be really disappointed in the ref and I wouldn't blame any Newcastle fan for feeling the same way.

I honestly don't like seeing penalties given like that (unless its against United or Madrid) whether they are for or against.

RedSeven

On the one road
Very very soft penalty in my book almost at the point where it made me feel uncomfortable.

If that had happened to us I'd be really disappointed in the ref and I wouldn't blame any Newcastle fan for feeling the same way.

I honestly don't like seeing penalties given like that (unless its against United or Madrid) whether they are for or against.

I agree but i have noticed in recent games salah staying on his feet, when others would have gone down,and getting nothing from the refs as a result.No EPL penos at Anfield in over a year would suggest our players are either staying on their feet more or refs have been less inclined to give them to us.I think in this case he just decided to do what others players seem to be doing and getting free kicks and penalties from the refs.

Noo Noo

I agree but i have noticed in recent games salah staying on his feet, when others would have gone down,and getting nothing from the refs as a result.No EPL penos at Anfield in over a year would suggest our players are either staying on their feet more or refs have been less inclined to give them to us.I think in this case he just decided to do what others players seem to be doing and getting free kicks and penalties from the refs.
Yeah that's quite true. We've definitely missed out out a few decisions that were far more clinical than this one.

No complaints at Salah here I just think it's yet another case highlighting how poor the refereeing is in general.

Show me the Mane

Klopp is being smart in what he says.
Deep down and behind closed doors he will be doing cartwheels about City's last two results

Commando

Yeah that's quite true. We've definitely missed out out a few decisions that were far more clinical than this one.

No complaints at Salah here I just think it's yet another case highlighting how poor the refereeing is in general.
My take on it is,

Is it an offence to pull an opposition player back using your hands/arms?

Is it a penalty if that offence happens in the box?

Yesterday's incident ticked both of those boxes. To me its a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.