PRE MATCH: Liverpool vs Newcastle (EPL), Wednesday December 26th 2018, 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rambler

"First is first, second is nowhere". Bill Shankly.
My ticket is 3 rows behind Newcastle bench.
A friend has a season ticket fairly low down near the benches and he was on holiday for the United game so gave his ticket to a neighbour's brother. This guy starting screaming abuse at Romelu Lukaku as he came off at half time (not racial) and the player complained to the police. The guy was identified by those around him and ejected. My friend has had his ticket suspended now....:shocked:.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
A friend has season ticket fairly low down near the benches and he was on holiday for the United game so gave his ticket to a neighbour's brother. This guy starting screaming abuse at Romelu Lukaku as he came off at half time (not racial) and the player complained to the police. The guy was identified by those around him and ejected. My friend has had his ticket suspended now....:shocked:.
Oh no! Do you think I got his ticket? I only got mine after the united game and it was directly from lfc website.

Rambler

Oh no! Do you think I got his ticket? I only got mine after the united game and it was directly from lfc website.
Wow maybe. Last I heard he had an appointment at the club to plead his cause. Not sure on the exact wording but I think the T&Cs say that if you loan out your ticket you have to pre-notify the club of the name of the recipient. I am pretty sure no-one does though..

Make sure you behave yourself ;-)

Last edited:

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Wow maybe. Last I heard he had an appointment at the club to plead his cause. Not sure on the exact wording but I think the T&Cs say that if you loan out your ticket you have to pre-notify the club of the name of the recipient. I am pretty sure no-one does though..

They do season ticket holders resale - is they can sell their ticket officially through the club if they can’t make it.

I’ve got a soft spot for Newcastle - Kenny, rush, Barnes, Beardsley, Keegan, terry mac, Rafa and not forgetting jonjo! But then they sold us Andy Carroll!

I do try and keep my behaviour in check - value my ability to attend matches much more.... but sometimes it just can’t be helped.

Anyway, let’s hope it’s a nice relaxing 4-0.

Ben64

In the old days, we always started with same players. Once when the game is safe, then we relax and give benchers playing time. Nowadays one key reason we rotate is to keep players fresh. If we rotate our formation to deal with opposition tactics, great. If we have injuries forced in us, great. To keep players fresh, you are more open to a freak result. Man City’s match day players versus Crystal Palace was weakened thru the loss of David Silva and Fernandinho. But at least they still fielded the best players they had, and did not rotate for freshness, and live to regret what might have been. Just saying...

Commando

By the time we kick off we'll have played 1 match in the previous 10 days. 90 minutes football in 10 days. VVD doesn't need a rest. Nor does Andy Robertson or anybody else.
The Arsenal game will be more of a problem so if we can get a 2 or 3 goal lead over Newcastle by the hour mark we can manage it with that game in mind. I don't see this game being too big a problem physically as I expect Newcastle to camp in their own half for long periods while we dominate possession. I also wouldn't be surprised if Rafa prioritised their game at Watford over this one and rested a few.
We can speculate all we like but we're not privvy to the fitness levels of the players or who JK wants lining up against Arsenal so he'll pick a team depending on those 2 things.
That said I reckon Clyne will be the only change at the back and Shaqiri will start with Hendo and Milner the pivot.

No point in me commenting. You’ve said what I was going to say. :well done:

Commando

My ST is not in my name. The lad who’s name it is in has written to the club to make them aware of our situation. I have a copy of the letter in my wallet in case of any queries from stewards. He has a number of STs from when there was a share floatation and he was eligible to purchase them. He obviously can’t use more than one of the tickets in his name so he gives me the use of one. He doesn’t make a penny from me having it. I pay for it and any cup games directly to the club.

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
As a fan (easy to say) but I fear no one this season. Unbeaten and looking more and more like the Liverpool of old. Only injury, and shite refereeing can stop us now ! oh and a dip in form that I think has already come and gone.

What possibly can Newcastle offer (apart from a legendary trainer) that the last 18 teams havent ? Im just excited to see Fabinho in action again, Van the man doing his best impression of Yeats and hoping Shaq is in the building , on the pitch and weaving some magic

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
Can't put it past Rafa pull a bore nil nil game off but still don't see it happen, we're just unstoppable atm and with City flopping at home the desire of winning this one must be sky high in the squad. Can't see us fail to win this one comfortable.

btw. Merry christmas everyone :wave:

Rambler

My ST is not in my name. The lad who’s name it is in has written to the club to make them aware of our situation. I have a copy of the letter in my wallet in case of any queries from stewards. He has a number of STs from when there was a share floatation and he was eligible to purchase them. He obviously can’t use more than one of the tickets in his name so he gives me the use of one. He doesn’t make a penny from me having it. I pay for it and any cup games directly to the club.
This was very much a one-off though and he obviously didn't expect this situation to arise....As it was apparently not racial, I'm surprised that the guy was ejected. You see all sorts of abuse aimed against opposing players at throw-ins. Is action ever taken against those spectators?

Having said that I have no idea what was actually said..........

36redsheep

Idea for a song for Shaq.

Hit the goal Shaq,
Why don't you go and score,
one more,
one more,
one more,
one more,
Hit the goal Shaq,
why don't you go and score,
one more

To the song "Hit the road Jack". I've never posted on here before, just follow transfer gossip usually. If people think this is half decent, if some would re post to make it a new topic. might get a few giving it a go tomorrow.

1dragon

TIA Regular
Alisson
Clyne-Lovren-VvD-Moreno
Fabinho-Wijnaldum
Shaqiri-Kieta-Mane
Salah

I will rest Milner, Henderson, TAA, Robertson and Firmino for this one. Newcastle is likely to get physial, so we need some of our physical midfielders out there as well. Mane and Salah to provide pace to stretch the opposition. Shaqiri and Kieta to provide creativity and drive from midfield. A win with no fresh injuries will do for me.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about

Hit the goal Shaq,
one more,
one more,
one more,
one more,
Hit the goal Shaq,
one more

To the song "Hit the road Jack". I've never posted on here before, just follow transfer gossip usually. If people think this is half decent, if some would re post to make it a new topic. might get a few giving it a go tomorrow.
I just listened to "Hit the Road Jack" - that could work.

Good shout!

Alright Now

Hit the goal Shaq,
one more,
one more,
one more,
one more,
Hit the goal Shaq,
one more

Stuck in my head already.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Not getting three points against Newcastle but doing well against Arsenal is no different than exhausting the lads now and putting tired legs against the Arse. When you're top of the heap and looking down, points dropped are points dropped. We're in a fantastic position now with City slipping up against Palace, and we need to capitalize if at all possible. Put out a strong team against Newcastle, secure that win, and see how it shakes out against the Arse the three days later. For all we know, Leicester might do us another favour, and we could be going into the weekend seven points clear and the pressure is (slightly) lifted.
We have the horses to rotate, although a little thin just now on defence. It is difficult to recall when LFC last had this many effective midfield combinations. Up front, yes, we probably want to field a strong group, get out in front, and then get some time for Origi and Solanke to close out the match.

Rambler

We have the horses to rotate, although a little thin just now on defence. It is difficult to recall when LFC last had this many effective midfield combinations. Up front, yes, we probably want to field a strong group, get out in front, and then get some time for Origi and Solanke to close out the match.
Can't see Solanke being named in the squad. Rumours he is off to Selhurst Park in January anyway. Not looked good enough for where we are now.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Can't see Solanke being named in the squad. Rumours he is off to Selhurst Park in January anyway. Not looked good enough for where we are now.
Maybe not Solanke then - which one doesn't matter much.

Solanke needs playing time, it would be a shame to give up on him, but once we went out of the League Cup, he was squarely in that group of players who were a third or fourth option.

boston red

Show me the Mane.
Becker
Clyne Lovren Virgil Moreno
Henderson Fabhino shaq origi Sturridge sadio
I've 5 changes in here think trent giní robbo firmino salah will play the next 2 on the trot right now we got to play a bit poker with the team we have some 26 to choose from.. VVD won't take shit from moreno he starts
We're at home, we know what to expect from Rafa expect to have 70% possession.
have enough upfront with the two striker role in 0rigi and Sturridge with shaq feeding watch Fabhino and Mane pop out too.
2.0 to us, l expect a resilient Newcastle.
Merry Christmas to all :wave:

Rambler

Off on a permanent?
A loan I think but I can't see him coming back. These loans are pretty much never a success.............when have we ever got a much improved player back at Melwood?

I've lost track of them all now but two recent examples are Ejaria and Woodburn who have both had miserable times. Maybe they go to these clubs with overblown expectations because they have come through the Melwood experience and reality soon hits them. If they can't make it with us without a loan like TAA has, then they almost certainly never will.

Last edited:

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
A loan I think but I can't see him coming back. These loans are pretty much never a success.............when have we ever got a much improved player back at Melwood?

I've lost track of them all now but two recent examples are Ejaria and Woodburn who have both had miserable times. Maybe they go to these clubs with overblown expectations because they have come through the Melwood experience and reality soon hits them. If they can't make it with us without a loan like TAA has, then they almost certainly never will.
Harry Wilson's last two loans have been completely successful and he's improved significantly as a player.

football.tiger

TIA Squad Member

Hit the goal Shaq,
one more,
one more,
one more,
one more,
Hit the goal Shaq,
one more

Feel like it needs a "out" after the go...

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
Feel like saying we're due to give someone a damn good hiding and predicting a 6-0 but I think we're more likely to see a tight game and a 1or 2-0.

Would go with a very attacking side and look to rest players if we manage to bang in a goal or three.

Team I hope to see:

.......................Becker..........
Trent......Lovren......Virgil....... Robertson
......................Fabinho......................
.........Keita..................... Shaqiri.............
Mane.............. Firmino................Salah

Rambler

Harry Wilson's last two loans have been completely successful and he's improved significantly as a player.
The acid test is whether he comes back ......and if he then becomes a regular member of the match day squad............then it will have been a success for the club..........as well as the player. Remind me when that happens ;-)

Commando

This was very much a one-off though and he obviously didn't expect this situation to arise....As it was apparently not racial, I'm surprised that the guy was ejected. You see all sorts of abuse aimed against opposing players at throw-ins. Is action ever taken against those spectators?

Having said that I have no idea what was actually said..........

It may be because Lukaku was able to hear it and has complained. I scream my views from row 78 of the Main Stand. No chance of the players hearing me and those around me tend to hold the same views as I do.

Hit the goal Shaq,
one more,
one more,
one more,
one more,
Hit the goal Shaq,
one more

“What you say?”. lol

That’s a good un. Hope it catches on.

Last edited:

Show me the Mane

Hit the goal Shaq,
one more,
one more,
one more,
one more,
Hit the goal Shaq,
one more

I'd even go as far as a chrous of attack, attack, attack, attack, attack before and after

Status
Not open for further replies.