• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre-Match | Liverpool vs Newcastle | PL Matchday 5 | Saturday September 14th | 12:30h | Anfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alright Now

I think Bobby might be on the bench. Put in a shift for Brazil, and doesn’t get back until late.

Fancy Ox to get a start as well, in for Hendo who will have had a lot of minutes for England.

Adrian
Trent Matip Van Dijk Robbo
Fabinho
OxChamb Wijnaldum
Salah Mane Origi
Oh dear. I hadn’t contemplated the no Bobby scenario. I don’t feel so hot.

Commando

Ad-free Member
Loving @Scott Jones’s infrequent posts in this thread.
But what if Jurgen secretly reads your posts and decides his team on that?

I think you need to give yourself more credit and share your thoughts.

And what do I think? Well I’ll leave it to Jurgen, his assistants and our knowledgeable forum members.

But I’ll be in the kop. Red shirt.
I’ll look out for you. Wave at the upper eight part of the main stand on the thirteenth minute. I’ll know it’s you.
We’ll muller them
Great user name.
I was there. Decent game.
I thought that the bovril was over priced and all the corporates coming back ten minutes into the second half spoiled it for me.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Ah ,time to start getting interested again.
Would have expected a tough game if Rafa was still there,so with them coming to our place and Bruce in charge reckon this should be a relatively simple one to win.
Klopp can pick the team,I'm not going to try,but I would like to see Ox start,and if things are going OK expect to see Shaq and Origi get a decent outing.

GaryC

From what I recall, Mane, Salah, Milner, Lallanna and Shaqiri all stayed home. Origi, TAA and Joe Gomez did not play in the internationals. Ox had a few minutes on as a sub. I would guess these are the players who would have a part to play this Saturday either as a starter or a sub.
Need to keep a close watch on Joelinton.
3-0
YNWA

Perth Red

Rolling with crocs in Darwin
Think we may see something a bit different up front for this one. Maybe Shaq-attack on with Salah up top (Bobby resting).
Midfield of Millie, Ox and maybe Lallana in the 6 role (not sure I buy in to this but we will see) as it seems unlikely Newcastle will do much attacking.
Can't stand Bruce so hoping we give them a damned, good thrashing! (Trademark John Cleese)

Dutch

Ad-free Member
Think we may see something a bit different up front for this one. Maybe Shaq-attack on with Salah up top (Bobby resting).
Midfield of Millie, Ox and maybe Lallana in the 6 role (not sure I buy in to this but we will see) as it seems unlikely Newcastle will do much attacking.
Can't stand Bruce so hoping we give them a damned, good thrashing! (Trademark John Cleese)
You could be right. Salah and Mané did not play so well rested alongside Shaq who did not play for Switzerland either. Ox-Lallana-Milner could be our midfield, anyhow, hope Becker is almost fit again and we win, 4-0.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
I’ll look out for you. Wave at the upper eight part of the main stand on the thirteenth minute. I’ll know it’s you.
I'm in block 102 (Kop) - which I think is directly below Upper 8. As I said, Red Shirt - you can't miss me. But I do have "Lets Talk About 6 Baby" on the back of my shirt and I'll probably wear a red hat (that I got from Madrid). Kop bar beforehand though. Hate these early kick offs.

Commando

Ad-free Member
I’m confident in my very good looks. I’m like the Indian Clooney. So your post doesn’t bother me one it. However, @Commando giving it a like bothers me.
Sorry @Alright Now. I liked it because it made me giggle. That’s the sort of response that I’d make.

From what I recall, Mane, Salah, Milner, Lallanna and Shaqiri all stayed home. Origi, TAA and Joe Gomez did not play in the internationals. Ox had a few minutes on as a sub. I would guess these are the players who would have a part to play this Saturday either as a starter or a sub.
Need to keep a close watch on Joelinton.
3-0
YNWA
I think that Trent may be playing tonight. I’d have preferred it the other way around, with him playing Saturday and not tonight.

Richard88

Whilst I wouldn't be surprised to see anyone of Milner/Ox/Lallana starting, I think it's unlikely that Klopp would rotate the entire midfield for a league game. Newcastle may not be that great, but they did recently beat Spurs away so the team selection still needs to be strong.

Fabinho and Firmino are playing in a friendly tonight against Peru, and then have a long trip back, so I could see them given a rest against Newcastle, with Henderson playing the no.6, and Shaqiri or Origi coming in.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Whilst I wouldn't be surprised to see anyone of Milner/Ox/Lallana starting, I think it's unlikely that Klopp would rotate the entire midfield for a league game. Newcastle may not be that great, but they did recently beat Spurs away so the team selection still needs to be strong.

Fabinho and Firmino are playing in a friendly tonight against Peru, and then have a long trip back, so I could see them given a rest against Newcastle, with Henderson playing the no.6, and Shaqiri or Origi coming in.
Definitely anticipate Fabinho and Firmino out, and quite possibly some other rotation as well - either in the starting line-up, or as soon as Klopp feels like the match is under control. With a Tuesday CL match follopwing that could really determine the course of the entire group, I think he will want to take advantage of a home match.

7th Earl

Periodic reminder that the Premier League decision makers are cunts.

There should be NO 12.30pm sat kick off for ANYONE after international break. If they are so focussed on TV income keep the extra televised fixture and show it at any other fucking time after the sat 3pm's whether on the sat, sun or mon.

Idyaaat man dem.

Status
Not open for further replies.