• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre-Match | Liverpool vs Newcastle | PL Matchday 5 | Saturday September 14th | 12:30h | Anfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooster

What a hit son
Sorry Earl but TV run sport and if you want the big dollars........games should be more spread starting every Friday night.

Good to be back after such enthralling Euro qualifiers.

Big few games ahead so no slipping up here.

7th Earl

Sorry Earl but TV run sport and if you want the big dollars........games should be more spread starting every Friday night.

Good to be back after such enthralling Euro qualifiers.

Big few games ahead so no slipping up here.
Dont be sorry, I'm not hehe.

Fair that TV bucks run sport. Been like that for a while. But they can STILL earn income by having the same amount of televised games but just be considerate after internationals. Look, I don't have the figure but I would bet my wife's mortgage that the viewing numbers and advertising income for Saturday lunchtime games is shitty compared to later kick off times? Who knows, all I know is Newcastle will get a spanking by any 11 we put out on Sat.

Richard88

Periodic reminder that the Premier League decision makers are *****.

There should be NO 12.30pm sat kick off for ANYONE after international break. If they are so focussed on TV income keep the extra televised fixture and show it at any other fucking time after the sat 3pm's whether on the sat, sun or mon.

Idyaaat man dem.
An early kickoff after an international break isn't ideal, but it does have the silver lining that it gives extra time to recover and prepare for the midweek CL game away to Napoli.

Alright Now

Periodic reminder that the Premier League decision makers are cunts.

There should be NO 12.30pm sat kick off for ANYONE after international break. If they are so focussed on TV income keep the extra televised fixture and show it at any other fucking time after the sat 3pm's whether on the sat, sun or mon.

Idyaaat man dem.
Shut your whining. That means 430 am for me.

The lesson from last season is that we just can't afford to lose many points if we want to finish above Man C. In that context a home game against Newcastle is clearly one we should win. We need to be hard and ruthless bastards and let's improve that goal difference.

jaffod

Dislike everything about these cunts - fat bellend owner, actually I don't mind Bruce so much as he takes the fathead jibes in good humour, can't fucking stand those fucking fat bastard, deluded fans with their tired old 'banter' about crime and unemployment - I suppose coming from the utopia of Newcastle gives you the right eh?
Same back 4, Gini, Hendo and AOC/Shaq in midfield, Divock in for Bobby who can come on for the last 10 minutes to torment their fucking shite defence some more.
4-0 to the European Champions.

RodM

Watching this one could be a close call. We are moving house on Friday and the Telecom guy will be there on Friday or Saturday. If he isn't there by lunchtime I'll have to head down to town and see if the sports bar is showing it. If it's full of pissed-up Dortmund fans I should be fine but knowing my luck there will be a bloody handball game on.

Anyway, always had a soft spot for the Toon from when I lived there. Wouldn't mind a bit of suicide football from them but I suspect we would just bludgeon them to death.

Nostalgia is great, isn't it? 4:3 to us, anyone?

PeachesEnRegalia

No Offense, @Maria....
Watching this one could be a close call. We are moving house on Friday and the Telecom guy will be there on Friday or Saturday. If he isn't there by lunchtime I'll have to head down to town and see if the sports bar is showing it. If it's full of pissed-up Dortmund fans I should be fine but knowing my luck there will be a bloody handball game on.

Anyway, always had a soft spot for the Toon from when I lived there. Wouldn't mind a bit of suicide football from them but I suspect we would just bludgeon them to death.

Nostalgia is great, isn't it? 4:3 to us, anyone?
If that shower of shite puts three past us, I'll eat my own arse.

No offense, @Maria...

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Dislike everything about these cunts - fat bellend owner, actually I don't mind Bruce so much as he takes the fathead jibes in good humour, can't fucking stand those fucking fat bastard, deluded fans with their tired old 'banter' about crime and unemployment - I suppose coming from the utopia of Newcastle gives you the right eh?
Same back 4, Gini, Hendo and AOC/Shaq in midfield, Divock in for Bobby who can come on for the last 10 minutes to torment their fucking shite defence some more.
4-0 to the European Champions.
Out of curiosity, are there any fan bases you do not utterly despise? :LOL:

Last edited:

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
Sky will be praying for another 4.3. It’s been years now but every year they hark back to it.

Flobs

FADA
If that shower of shite puts three past us, I'll eat my own arse.

No offense, @Maria...
Why apologise to @Maria I'm sure she hasn't any wish for you to eat her arse and is quite happy for you to eat your own. Then the probability of either happening due to you own conditions is next to zilch. So why worry. :giggle:

Red over the water

Sky will be praying for another 4.3. It’s been years now but every year they hark back to it.
If we had England's central defense, you never know!

I put this fixture into my supercomputer and it spat out the following formula:

International break + early kick-off + plus red machine spluttering back to life after the break + two big fixtures to come against Napoli and Chelsea + the chances of shuffling the pack against the barcodes high = Iffy performance and a win by 'only' 2-3 goals.

I'll take it.

Alright Now

If we had England's central defense, you never know!

I put this fixture into my supercomputer and it spat out the following formula:

International break + early kick-off + plus red machine spluttering back to life after the break + two big fixtures to come against Napoli and Chelsea + the chances of shuffling the pack against the barcodes high = Iffy performance and a win by 'only' 2-3 goals.

I'll take it.
This seems sensible. I’d like to see if @cynicaloldgit can corroborate that with his punched cards.

Perth Red

Rolling with crocs in Darwin
I, for one, am pleased at the 12.30 kick off (one of few it seems!). Normally 3pm starts are 11.30pm (so 12.30's are at the pleasant hour of 10pm) at home in Darwin, but I will just have arrived in Thailand so it's a 6.30pm start and copious amounts of beer will be had - first day of holiday madness!
The down side is I will be with a bunch of heathen Australians who don't appreciate the beautiful game - they complain that Aussie Rules has gone soft so you can imagine how they feel about "soccer" players rolling around on the floor!

Status
Not open for further replies.