• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. QPR (Sunday, 19 May 16:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhYaBeauty

Carra's last match. It's sure to be an emotional one, and I'm sad to see the day has come, although I'm quite excited for the match. I want to hear 'We all dream of a team of Carraghers' like its on a loop for ninety minutes straight. I'm sure there'll be familiar faces in the crowd to come see Jamie off, I wouldn't be surprised to see Sami, Ged, Didi, Xabi, Robbie, Danny Murphy, Michael Owen, and the like there. I'm chuffed that he'll have the opportunity to captain the team as well. The atmosphere will be fantastic. Still, it'll hurt to see him go.

Not much riding on this one, and I don't expect a tough match; QPR is relegated and we'll surely be amped for Jamie's last.

That's pretty much what I expect to see, although I would love to see some youngsters get a chance. Shelvey ought to be subbed on at some point, and I'd like to see Suso, Lloyd Jones, Robinson, Teixeira, Adorjan, Morgan or Ibe. Maybe Assaidi, too, if Rodgers feels like it. Wouldn't mind Coates for Skrtel, but I expect whichever doesn't start this one to move on in the summer. Unless Skrtel's still out solely because of illness.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Looking forward to Carras last game - by rights, with the form our front line is in and the shite that is QPR we should honour Jamie with at least 5 on Sunday.

DEVGRU

Banned for the umpteenth time
We need to put the nail in the coffin as far as Tony Fernandez is concerned.send them packing down to the Championship...to teach them a lesson that money can't buy love.

Hammer them 6-0!!!!!

ptt

2020, head of the table.
I can't do the posh jpg squad layout from my phone so I'll just spot one player in one place:

Striker: Jamie C

:)

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Sad day... a Kop mosaic for Jamie, a good atmosphere all round, put the best possible XI on the pitch, trash them, say thanks to the fans, put the season to bed, get it out of our minds as soon as possible and move on.

I'd go with:
Reina​
Johnson Skrtel Carragher Enrique​
Lucas Henderson​
Downing Shelvey Coutinho​
Sturridge​
Subs: Jones, Coates, Wisdom, Coady, Suso, Ibe, Borini.​

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
I'd give Coates and Shelvey another start with Assaidi in for Downing.

Hope to sign off with a win and will be emotinal seeing Carragher play his final game for us. It hasnt sunk in yet but i'm sure it will when we see the big man well up at the end.

Thanks for everything Jamie. Loved the journey and you were one of the best in the world for 3 seasons man, what an achievement. YNWA.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
Zoky said:
Sad day... a Kop mosaic for Jamie, a good atmosphere all round, put the best possible XI on the pitch, trash them, say thanks to the fans, put the season to bed, get it out of our minds as soon as possible and move on.
This.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
I hope we win big, get a penalty in the process, let Carragher take it, get the match and win over and done with and then give Carragher a farewell and sending off he so deserves.

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
and if QPR get a PK< I think Jamie should again try to take it...

Can't wait for Jamie's commentary on Sly.

C'mon Jamie. Join us in a year and a day and sort our defense.

Would like the same line up as we had in the 2nd half against Fulham. Shelvey didn't have the best of games (missed a sitter) but with young players like him you have to show a bit of faith and not drop them based on 1 average performance. Hopefully we can get a couple of goals ahead so Coady and Suso can come off the bench again,

TheSweetSilverSong

Great game, last time we get to see Carra being a giant!

Wishes: A clean sheet for Captain Carra's troops back in defense, a penalty where Carra takes it and scores, and thrashing them 5+ to 0!

Additional wish: To see Suso start this one (so Coutinho on the LW for me on this one, despite me preferring him behind CF).

I'm expecting Shelvey to start again though, unless his performance vs Fulham made Rodgers change his mind (I don't think it did), so I'll settle for a more realistic additional wish of Suso coming in for Shelvey as early as half time or at latest by the 60th minute.

In the same way, I expect Borini to come on for Downing early in the second half. Would ideally be my team to start though.

Here's to a great day, great atmosphere, great farewell and a great win!

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
The only downside is after this match, 3 months of emptiness! But I cant wait for June to come for the fixtures to be released so I can plan my trip to Anfield!!!

DEVGRU

We should give the youngsters a chance..we can't catch everton, west brom can't over take us...give youth a chance....

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
SUPER PORK CHOP said:
We should give the youngsters a chance..we can't catch everton, west brom can't over take us...give youth a chance....
Jones and Carragher in the centre would be epic!

Spitfire

Resident Realist
I'm with Zoky - respect to Carra - put our best team out and send him off the best way possible.

tatemunny

TIA Youth Team
Reina in goal, McLaughlin at RB, Wisdom and Carra at CB, Johnson at LB, Hendo and Lucas in CM, Coutinho behind Sturridge, Enrique and Suso as wingers.

Subs, B Jones, Skrtel, Coates, Coady, Downing, Ibe and Borini

DEVGRU

WellRedKev said:
Jones and Carragher in the centre would be epic!
Brad Jones and Carra up front? Bring it on!!!

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
SUPER PORK CHOP said:
Brad Jones and Carra up front? Bring it on!!!
Plenty of goals there, haha.

Lloyd Jones the young centre back who signed a contract recently, would be fitting to have a young aspiring cnetre half starting out his career with a club legend signing off his career after what seems like a million appearances!

DEVGRU

I would, give that young american we have in the youth squad a chance..he is pretty darn good for someone of his age..we have a host of youngsters who should also be given a chance..let them have a go..

NZred

The Red From NZ
I say we go out there with the sole intention of absolutely smashing them into the ground.

We've got a nice little unbeaten run going, it would be nice to start next season having had 5-6 games unbeaten in the league behind us. After all, you're only as good as your last game.

darren kelly

"Luisito Estamos Con Vos"
Every corner we get should be put on Jamies head.See if he can get a goal.

howhardgerrard

TIA Squad Member
I know we would all love for Jamie to score in his last game but I would have thought he is far more focused on keeping a clean sheet! I am in two minds over the team Brendan will put out. We could see quite a few youngsters being given a run out which would make for a close game or he could go for a show piece game and try to end on a high after a difficult season. I would like to see Skrtel play as I have a feeling he won't be around next season. Score? No idea which is really annoying as I really need to get it right for my face-off points. All realistic advice taken gents.

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
Is Carra any good at taking a pen I wonder? This could be his best option for getting on the score sheet.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
EdWood said:
Is Carra any good at taking a pen I wonder? This could be his best option for getting on the score sheet.
He had a pen saved in the Euros against portugal, can't remember which year it was...

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
OhYaBeauty said:
Alternative team selection:
Carragher​
you forgot to also include Jamie in goal

Lucas or Allen said:
Every corner we get should be put on Jamies head.See if he can get a goal.
We are not allowed to score from corners

Status
Not open for further replies.