• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. QPR (Sunday, 19 May 16:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
howhardgerrard said:
I know we would all love for Jamie to score in his last game but I would have thought he is far more focused on keeping a clean sheet! I am in two minds over the team Brendan will put out. We could see quite a few youngsters being given a run out which would make for a close game or he could go for a show piece game and try to end on a high after a difficult season. I would like to see Skrtel play as I have a feeling he won't be around next season. Score? No idea which is really annoying as I really need to get it right for my face-off points. All realistic advice taken gents.
Agree totally with this. I'd love to see him go out with a clean sheet and as others have mentioned let him take a penalty if the game is won. Hoping for our best team as well.

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
SoueysTash said:
He had a pen saved in the Euros against portugal, can't remember which year it was...
It was the world cup in Germany. Stevie G's pk right before was the big one actually.

therealkeano1

TIA Reserve Team
Would be nice to see Jamie come off on the 85 min and get his standing ovation and young Lloyd Jones come on.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Zoky said:
Sad day... a Kop mosaic for Jamie, a good atmosphere all round, put the best possible XI on the pitch, trash them, say thanks to the fans, put the season to bed, get it out of our minds as soon as possible and move on.

I'd go with:
Reina​
Johnson Skrtel Carragher Enrique​
Lucas Henderson​
Downing Shelvey Coutinho​
Sturridge​
Subs: Jones, Coates, Wisdom, Coady, Suso, Ibe, Borini.​
Bit in bold says it all for me!

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
SoueysTash said:
He had a pen saved in the Euros against portugal, can't remember which year it was...
He takes a good penalty, top corner job, seen him a few times score one, fair enough he missed one for England but who cares about that!! haha

No Loic Remy presumably !!!!!!!

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
EdWood said:
Is Carra any good at taking a pen I wonder? This could be his best option for getting on the score sheet.
He's never missed a pen for LFC...

Chewbazza

Ad-free Member
I hope to see to see Borini start and score. Hopefully we can take advantage of their recent on and off field problems and get a few goals.

La_Triade

TIA Youth Team
WellRedKev said:
He takes a good penalty, top corner job, seen him a few times score one, fair enough he missed one for England but who cares about that!! haha

No Loic Remy presumably !!!!!!!
QPR paid his caution this morning.

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
WellRedKev said:
Doubtful he will feature though
If he does it will make a change an opposition player getting booed instead of one of ours. ;)

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
correct me if im wrong, but wasn't rafa a fucking spoilsport when it came to big sami and only put him on for about 20 odd after the KOP virtually brang the heavens down asking for him?

imagine Rodgers tryin to get away with that stunt.....

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
EdWood said:
If he does it will make a change an opposition player getting booed instead of one of ours. ;)
There hasnt been much of that going on this season has there? Cant remember any incidents like that?

redbj said:
correct me if im wrong, but wasn't rafa a fucking spoilsport when it came to big sami and only put him on for about 20 odd after the KOP virtually brang the heavens down asking for him?

imagine Rodgers tryin to get away with that stunt.....
Yeah i think it might have been even less than that. Whole stadium calling for him for best part of game, should have started.

Bionic

What would be sweet is if they actually had everybody have CARRAGHER on their backs for the match. One can dream hey...

Libero

carradona.... a true legend. Ill miss that high pitch squeal

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Bit sick of these Sunday night games.

One positive of not getting into Europa.

Johnny T.

Still Grumpy....
rupzzz said:
Suarez - enough said

Disclaimer: I believe in innocent until proven guilty - but rapist remy rolls of the tongue so couldn't resist!
Judge Judy and executioner!!

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
DeathOrGlory said:
Bit sick of these Sunday night games.

One positive of not getting into Europa.
It made a difference twice this season all our other Sunday games were on TV so had a high chance of being on Sunday anyhow.

Tomorrow we need a win for Carragher was happy for him to win on the road for his last away game so his fellow players, the fans and the manager lets make this a day to remember.

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
It'll be an emotional filled match as Carra bids farewell. He's been my hero for years! So I'll be a blubbering wreck! Player's like Carra are a very rare breed, and not always appreciated either.

Lets hope we put on a performance of pure pedigree against QPR and hope that if we get a pen its our Carra who takes it, not much chance from a corner as we are usually hopeless!

Thanks Carra for being a wonderful servant.

You WILL be missed.

DEVGRU

Banned for the umpteenth time
Wonder if Carra would take a penalty if we got one..and were already leading..

I'd expect nothing than a right hammering for QPR...they deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.