• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. QPR (Sunday, 19 May 16:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
SUPER PORK CHOP said:
Wonder if Carra would take a penalty if we got one..and were already leading..

I'd expect nothing than a right hammering for QPR...they deserve it.
Said during the week he wouldn't in case he missed, said he'd hate any fans to come up to him and say you're the guy that missed a pen in your last match. Much rather a clean sheet anyway

ptt

2020, head of the table.
I would like a fitting tribute to the latter half of this season and the perfect intro to next.

Utter demolition.

Lucas

Sweeting said:
Sky Sports reckon Ibe starts.
In place of Downing? Maybe put Coutinho on the wing, play Jonjo/Hendo/Lucas in midfield and pop Ibe on the other wing? Not sure he'll start but may well get the last 20 or so.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Jordon Ibe will make his Liverpool debut in Jamie Carragher's final-ever appearance against Queens Park Rangers – follow live from 4pm BST.

The 17-year-old Academy winger is handed a starting berth by Brendan Rodgers as the Reds bring their 2012-13 season to an end.

Jamie Carragher captains the team in his last match before his retirement.

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Carragher, Skrtel, Lucas, Henderson, Downing, Ibe, Coutinho, Sturridge. Subs: Jones, Wisdom, Coady, Coates, Suso, Assaidi, Borini.

Hope in your heart

Admin
Surprised to see Coates dropped yet again. Not happy. Farewell match for Skrtel?

Seeing Ibe included is obviously a surprise, I'd have preferred to see Suso get a start, or Shelvey.

Not the perfect line-up for me, but hopefully it will be just enough to beat QPR today.

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
Does Ibe line up as the left wing/forward? Where does he line up for the U21s? Not that the game needed it, but it is an added interest to go with Carra's last game.

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
ibe is starting, shelvy and sterling not even in the squad ?
I wonder if we will see them next season ?

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Sterling has got to be injured, I guess Coates is off and probably Shelvey, we know Sterling has had some issues on fitness so.

Asassadi sounds like a last minute change so Sterling probably is unfit.

Hope in your heart

Admin
shachart said:
ibe is starting, shelvy and sterling not even in the squad ?
I wonder if we will see them next season ?
Not so sure about Shelvey. Sterling is a given for next season. He has been out lately for fitness reasons only.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
good to see ibe getting a run out

Chewbazza

Ad-free Member
From BBC:

Jamie Carragher has been handed the pleasure of picking the pre-match playlist for his final game at Anfield.
The big man has shown a flair for it, going for a very solid trio of 'In My Life' by the Beatles, 'Don't Look Back In Anger' by Oasis and a stone-cold killer of a track, 'Dancing In The Dark' by The Boss himself, Bruce Springsteen.
Jamie Carragher is available for weddings and christenings. Book now through the Liverpool press office...

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
Just watched on LFCTV Carra coming out in the middle of a guard of honour with his son and daughter, emotional stuff, he looked super uncomfortable with the spotlight being all on him, typical Carra, haha!!

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
Hope in your heart said:
Not so sure about Shelvey. Sterling is a given for next season. He has been out lately for fitness reasons only.
sterling, shelvy, suso, coates, wisdom didn't play since january ( shelvy came as a late sub a few times ). not much a vote of confidance to the youngsters that were practicly regular starters for 4 month ? sterling is out not because fitness problems.

anyway good luck to ibe, hope he gives a show.

lollysuarez

AnfieldCat said:
Just watched on LFCTV Carra coming out in the middle of a guard of honour with his son and daughter, emotional stuff, he looked super uncomfortable with the spotlight being all on him, typical Carra, haha!!
I'd love if he could make a goal :lol:

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Great start, Coutinho looking dangerous. Cant tell from here but that was either an excellent block or it did cross the line

RMP

TIA First Team
Missed the Mosaic ... firstrow is down so I have a crap stream

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Ad-free Member
Should've been a goal up already.

The new kit looks even better than the current one, I think!

python.failure

LOL, the commentators talking about the dive, they say that if there is any kind of contact the forward has the right to fall down.... interesting they never, ever said that when it was about Suarez.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
19 posts till 3000, a fitting day for it I guess. Looking good so far :)

Reactions: RMP
Status
Not open for further replies.