• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre-match | Liverpool vs Salzburg | Champions League | 02/10/2019 | KO 20:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Just like that. Mo with magic in his boots. Just one flick. Deadly.

Red over the water

It's like we need to feel them on our shoulder before we respond. The drop in our level, once we we went three up, was very noticeable.

And now, having felt them breathe down our neck... we up our level and Mo puts us in the lead, 4-3.

I thought these sort of games were behind us.

Main thing now is to get the three points and the inquest can come later.

Magnus

Big phew! Salah fortunately did not miss. We may need another though since we are playing against a brilliant counter attacking team.

Sweeting

So confused by Salah at the moment. He gets shrugged off the ball easily, constantly runs into trouble, fails to make the right pass consistently, his shots are weak.

Is he ill?
Great timing to me to post that as he scores!

But even in the build up he underhit a pass out wide. He's played terribly and got two goals.

bazza66

TIA Youth Team
SALAH AKHBAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but absolutely loving this impending international break

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Some players just aren't the same after major surgery, he looks to be one of them. Every single game since he's been absolutely terrible and at fault for something major in every game, he's just not up to at the moment.
VVD has not been great either, the goals have been pretty evenly spread across the centre of the defence - and midfield ball pressure has been feeble.

Herb

So confused by Salah at the moment. He gets shrugged off the ball easily, constantly runs into trouble, fails to make the right pass consistently, his shots are weak.

Is he ill?
He has a strange knack of playing himself out of form at times. But as shown tonight will more often than not be decisive in front of goal even when playing poorly.

treboeth

The next poster to over react and shit the bed gets Banned :mad:

From my weekend sleepover :)

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
so what is Milner's role now?
is he man on man or holding or what? whatever it is I'm unclear if it has made a difference?
same with Origi - what effect has that change made?

Sweeting

We have to figure out how to deal with midfield runners. That's the only weakness we have as a team - players who drop into the space between the WB and the CB and then get midfield runners beyond them.

For me, Wijnaldum really struggles to track those runs. It may seem harsh but our issues with getting overloaded start with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.