Pre-Match | Liverpool vs Sheffield United | PL Matchday 21 | Thursday January 2nd | 20:00h | Anfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeachesEnRegalia

Epstein didn't kill himself
This is the most important game of the season, well at least it will be until the next one. It's an absolutely must win game.

With regards to the match officials, we are fortunate in that PGMOL has slipped up and has failed to appoint any of the gang of three as their (shiteh's) man in the middle. Less fortuitously, old "blue-moon" has made an unwelcome return, today in the guise of fourth official. Our preference (the Mem and I) would have been that he was appointed to "go forth and multiply", although perhaps expressed in a somewhat less "Biblical" terminology.

And it won't be an easy game; sheffield will be no pushover. Their last game (at shiteh) was their first away defeat of the season, so we should not be complacent and think it's as good as in the bag. In a long and chequered life I have seen so many good things come unstuck. As a consequence, the Mem and I have our superstitions, and one of them is not counting our chickens in advance. Evidently Kojo Anim shares our apprehension and is "expecting a tough evening". He has gone for a 1-1 draw. Good on you Kojo.

Unfortunately Lawro, aware of our superstitions, has included in his abraxas, that he "cannot see beyond a home win" and predicts for a 3-0 win for us.

I tell you, Lawro's as slippery as a greased eel. He would nobble his nearest and dearest if it suited his book. I’ve known young Lawro for over forty years and I solemnly state that if his grandmother was entered in an egg and spoon race, and his commitments made it desirable for him to get her out of the running, he would dope her Ovaltine without a moment’s hesitation.’

Hopefully his attempted kiss of death won't throw a spanner in the works and upset the apple-cart. :rolleyes:

I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win to us. :oops:
What?

Maria

FIFA Club Champions of The World
Ad-free Member
Make the most of it Maria,once they've sold whats on the shelf they are all gone,Cadburys have stopped making them.
Noooo!! Don't say that.
I had them stashed in the larder for ages, forgot about them.
Ever since Kraft bought Cadburys, it's gone downhill. Who its 30% less sugar cadburys bars and they are charging extortionate price.

-The Analyst-

And it won't be an easy game; sheffield will be no pushover. Their last game (at shiteh) was their first away defeat of the season, so we should not be complacent and think it's as good as in the bag.

I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win to us. :oops:
I dont thin anyone who supports Liverpool - not even the greatest pessimists - think that this group of players will be complacent. There are too many great leaders in this team for that to happened.

If we lose or draw, its not down to the effort of the players. And thats really all you can ask for. Our winning streak will come to an end at some point, but it will be down to bad luck or the other team being better on the day. Not because of complacency

Richard88

Sheffield playing a back 5 covers the wide areas that Robertson and Trent are usually able to exploit to great effect against back fours, so it'll be important to break them down by getting in between the lines centrally and in the half spaces.

With that in mind I'd go with a 4231 with Keita next to Henderson, and Firmino in the No.10 role, front 3 of Mane, Origi, Salah. That would keep their 3 CB's honest with Origi running off them, and Firmino as a rover in the half spaces, and Keita making dribbles and runs from deep to break through the lines.

That would be more risky defensively as we'd be more open to their counters with just Henderson sitting, but I'd trust Gomez and Van Dijk to win most duels against their attackers.

Richard88

This game could be really dull if Sheff Utd sit back. Need to start fast.
That's not an "if". They WILL sit back, very deep, with a back 5 and 3 midfielders in their lap compressing space on the edge of their box. Their front 2 will be left high in a 2v2 against Gomez and Van Dijk. It will be a grind and will need us have a moment of magic to open the game up a bit.

Alright Now

That's not an "if". They WILL sit back, very deep, with a back 5 and 3 midfielders in their lap compressing space on the edge of their box. Their front 2 will be left high in a 2v2 against Gomez and Van Dijk. It will be a grind and will need us have a moment of magic to open the game up a bit.
Yep. We had 62% possession in the reverse fixture. Could very well happen again.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Toberone surely still as good as it was 40 years ago. Thornton's I admit was better but they changed and nowhere near as good as it was (at least I was very disappointed last time I went out to get some).
Toblerone is still good imho, but what has killed it for me is that a year or two ago they resized it... bars are still the same length but they've reduced the number of sections by about a third. It's less reminiscent of the Alps now and more like the Netherlands with a few molehills.

Status
Not open for further replies.