PRE Match: Liverpool vs Stoke(Premier League: Sun, 07.10.12; 15:00 BST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTorroro

TIA Youth Team
I'd like to see if Assaidi can stand up to the rigor of this sort of game. Hope to see him on sooner than later especially if we fail to make headway past the 60th min.

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
I totally agree with you Gears. Shelvey would be excellent in this style match. He is a beast of a boy, with the heart of a lion. A match winner. Looking forward to his growth in the side this PL campaign. Perhaps his ban will increase his understanding for when to contain and exploit his inner passion.
Shelvey would get red carded here. the ref is a tool. Liverpool have have had about three fouls against them which have been laughable !! Wouldnt surprise me if the ref is a manu fan.

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
Shelvey would get red carded here. the ref is a tool. Liverpool have have had about three fouls against them which have been laughable !! Wouldnt surprise me if the ref is a manu fan.
Aren't they all?

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Good interplay by Stevie there. We seem to be attacking even more this half

TTorroro

TIA Youth Team
Creaming myself with the sort of short passing interlinking play down the right at this moment. Keep it up lads

Gears

TIA Regular
Having suso at the edge of the box is an absolutely joy to watch. He so patient and skillful it allows other players to play.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Would you rather be a Stoke supporter or a Swansea supporter?

That's all I'm saying.......
Is also an ID thing

That ploughed field in what is probably the highest, coldest and windiest ground in the PL also isn't really geared to passing football

It's also a bit of a there's more than one way to skin a cat phenomenon at work

Changing it now may see them go down so...

gr_sounder

Oh Gerrard played that ball into Johnson beautifully... should have been a goal... or at least a better shot.
Well done by Liverpool in the buildup... but we need more of these final balls to shots.

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Not as fluid, smooth, natural as prior games.
Into the red zone for this team now.
Important not to lose concentration at the back now - no soft or stupid goals given up.
Midfield needs to get act together.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
@GR. missed your post earlier but preconceived ideas or not i just think that there is no way their players will get a card for a foul on Suarez, it will look like they are giving in and thus allow other managers to complain and expect the same. Not saying they will intentionally allow a leg breaker challenge on him but any other type of challenge wont end in a red.

gr_sounder

Not as fluid, smooth, natural as prior games.
Into the red zone for this team now.
Important not to lose concentration at the back now - no soft or stupid goals given up.
Midfield needs to get act together.
This is a result of the style of play of Stoke... but yeah we need to keep things tighter in the back.

GaryStew1980

TIA First Team
That would have been the story of our defence this season had we conceeded there, Skrtel taking out our player two players lying on the deck. When we concede we tend to do so in embarassing fashion.

mappen1977

TIA Reserve Team
I aint jumped on the Suso banwagon yet, but I think I may just do it now. Some great touches by the little fellow.

captain chaos

TIA Youth Team
games like this i lament the loss of lucas & masch & Hamman
Stoke blur the lines of what is a tackle bigtime

tough game to watch this - wimbledon max 2 return anew

gr_sounder

@GR. missed your post earlier but preconceived ideas or not i just think that there is no way their players will get a card for a foul on Suarez, it will look like they are giving in and thus allow other managers to complain and expect the same. Not saying they will intentionally allow a leg breaker challenge on him but any other type of challenge wont end in a red.
I'll just say I hope I'm right, though it's possible I'm not.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
God, excellent play by Suarez, though he was going to finish that then.

ptt

2019, a year of incredible celebration
I wonder how many "Intercepted back pass" goals we're going to concede this season.......

TassieRed

TIA Regular
Bit of a broken record from Suarez there.

Scintillating build up play followed by an anaemic finish.

Very frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.