• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

PRE Match: Liverpool vs Stoke(Premier League: Sun, 07.10.12; 15:00 BST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Allen is not looking too bright in this game....

GaryStew1980

TIA First Team
Assaidi or Borini there instead. Failing that, I'd rather Henderson in midfield and Gerrard pushed further forward.

Sterling's been impressive for a 17 year oldybut hasn't actually been all that effective.
Yet to be convinced by either to be honest, I like Henderson though. You can't buy the experience that Sterling is getting right now but we also risk burn out, how many times have we seen young players come in early and be finished by 24.

gb1986

I can see them scoring a goal off these passes around the back...

TTorroro

TIA Youth Team
Someone who's barely seen the back of a reserve game on for a lad who's causing problems ? Let's hope BR got this right

gr_sounder

Allen is not looking too bright in this game....
Agree with you on this one... Allen is having a rough game in this one... not able to establish dominance through his passing and ball control.

Shawcross gets a card... deservedly so

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Very fucking irritating substitution.

Gerrard is the obvious weak link today.

GaryStew1980

TIA First Team
Don't really understand the hatred some seem to have for Cole, he has been very unlucky with injury several times and hasn't hit top form for us by any means but some of the stuff said about him is idiotic. He isnt a prick just because he has been hurt and not played well.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
Yet to be convinced by either to be honest, I like Henderson though. You can't buy the experience that Sterling is getting right now but we also risk burn out, how many times have we seen young players come in early and be finished by 24.
It's not burnout I'm worried about. Assaidi has been more impressive than Sterling in his few games.

Even Cole is probably a better player than Sterling at the moment. Sterling's been somewhat overated by our fanbase based on his current performances.

gr_sounder

Don't really understand the hatred some seem to have for Cole, he has been very unlucky with injury several times and hasn't hit top form for us by any means but some of the stuff said about him is idiotic. He isnt a prick just because he has been hurt and not played well.
Personally I have zero hatred for him... I just think Suso has had a pretty good game, and if Cole was to be brought into the game htere were others who might have gone out instead. Also I have yet to really see much from Cole... so maybe he can show it here.

Now... that was a nice chance that fell to Sterling... wish he could have put that away.

gb1986

When is the red going to come???

Colin

TIA First Team
We need to do something here.

Bring Borini on.

Anything.

0-0 would be a real kick in the balls after last week. We need to win this tbh.

GaryStew1980

TIA First Team
It's not burnout I'm worried about. Assaidi has been more impressive than Sterling in his few games.

Even Cole is probably a better player than Sterling at the moment. Sterling's been somewhat overated by our fanbase based on his current performances.
You think Assaidi has been better? not sure about that I put them on par probably both give the ball away a lot more than they should.

gr_sounder

And a card for accumulation of fouls to Charlie Adam... and deservedly so... just clumsy by Adam.

TTorroro

TIA Youth Team
I'm with illok on his asessment of sterling, I think we need to start sterling sparingly. He can't keep up the intensity level of his first two starts especially with opposing team learning about him more.

I think Assaidi should be given more games to show if he can ally his already impressive dribbles with getting involved inside the box and passing between teammates.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Nice idea by Stevie to lift it over the goalie, just not enough on it.

@Mascott, have to disagree with Stevie being the weak link, think hes played well today, both Sahin and Allen having worse games than normal today.

Bad dive by Suarez there even though he was caught a few secs before.

gr_sounder

Damn, Stoke players are worse divers than Suarez.... thankfully not awarded.

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
Streaming is the bane of my life, I have lost streams 5 times now! Arggghh, I know I won't be missing anything though!

Status
Not open for further replies.