• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

PRE Match: Liverpool vs Stoke(Premier League: Sun, 07.10.12; 15:00 BST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gr_sounder

Hate to admit, that was horrible by Luis... that is what he needs to cut out!!!!!
If Luis or anyone wonders why he doesn't get more calls ... sadly that's why.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
You think Assaidi has been better? not sure about that I put them on par probably both give the ball away a lot more than they should.
He has been better yes, created more chances in less amount of games.

Had Downing put in the exact same performances as Sterling, we certainly wouldn't be too impressed.

Cracking dive from Suarez there.

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
at this stage i am sick of hearing commenators overuse "the uraguayian"

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
We can't score

Stood up ok to their tactics but these games you need 3 points from

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
I had no stream for the Suarez dive so I'll act like it didn't happen!

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Hate to admit, that was horrible by Luis... that is what he needs to cut out!!!!!
If Luis or anyone wonders why he doesn't get more calls ... sadly that's why.
He had his ankle taken, stayed on his feet, and then decided to stay down. One of those where if he'd have just gone done the first time, it would have been a clear shout.

craigbellamy

Swinging away, hoping to land one on a motd idiot
Ha!! Watch the media pounce on the Suarez dive.......................

Colin

TIA First Team
I agree about the Sterling thing. If BR purports to start playing him as a regular then i'll be a little bit concerned about things.

Give the guy a chance to develop correctly.

gr_sounder

Looks like Assaidi might be coming on... wondering if it's Sterling who will make way

gr_sounder

And Walters begs for a yellow card by kicking it away... just stupid...

GaryStew1980

TIA First Team
He has been better yes, created more chances in less amount of games.

Had Downing put in the exact same performances as Sterling, we certainly wouldn't be too impressed.

Cracking dive from Suarez there.
Totally agree with you on that, had Downing had a similar game to Sterling today he would have had his head called for.

You are about to get your wish anyway.

I get what you mean about Assaidi creating chances but his performances have been mostly the Europa and Carling cup most of Sterlings games have been against, Man U, Man City, Arsenal etc...

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
I take it with that change that Cole is going back into Sahins position

kwala

TIA Regular
Still plenty of time, we need to keep playing, and not get frustrated. I think we will win this.

Stoke must have 9 yellows by now, they can't keep up the butchery.

GaryStew1980

TIA First Team
That was a peach of a ball by wisdom, another reason why i think we should have kept Carroll. Yet another cross with no one tall enough to challange.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Nice idea by Stevie to lift it over the goalie, just not enough on it.

@Mascott, have to disagree with Stevie being the weak link, think hes played well today, both Sahin and Allen having worse games than normal today.

Bad dive by Suarez there even though he was caught a few secs before.
Gerrard is the weak link for me because he is just not working for the team. He is constantly looking for the Hollywood ball and losing possession. The tone he is setting for the team is panic, desperation and frustration, where Rodgers wants to emphasis calm, patient possession football.

I'm really worried about him in this system, because he just doesn't seem to fit.

gr_sounder

Someone who hasn't gotten the praise... I think our young Wisdom has been excellent so far today (knock on wood)

TTorroro

TIA Youth Team
It's an anything goes game. Time for an individual brilliance or error to win the game

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
That was a peach of a ball by wisdom, another reason why i think we should have kept Carroll. Yet another cross with no one tall enough to challange.
Agreed on pass - it was sweet.
However, if Andy was still with us there is no way he would have actually been in the box to receive it.

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
I was feeling so optimistic before this after the win at Norwich and the performance in midweek, back to the doom and gloom at the moment!!

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Gerrard is the weak link for me because he is just not working for the team. He is constantly looking for the Hollywood ball and losing possession. The tone he is setting for the team is panic, desperation and frustration, where Rodgers wants to emphasis calm, patient possession football.

I'm really worried about him in this system, because he just doesn't seem to fit.
Yet at certain games he fits it perfectly. For me i think he can fit in well, just that some games he doesn't try but thats not been the case today.

Suarez tried the impossible sometimes.

Colin

TIA First Team
I was feeling so optimistic before this after the win at Norwich and the performance in midweek, back to the doom and gloom at the moment!!
This is a tough match to be honest, but we need to learn how to score in such games.

Hopefully we still can.

TassieRed

TIA Regular
[quote name='craig bellamy's golf club' timestamp='1349624086' post='10649']
Ha!! Watch the media pounce on the Suarez dive.......................
[/quote]

And that's the problem in a nutshell.

He has been repeatedly fouled and harshly treated in the last few weeks but all everyone will talk about is THAT dive.

Again, very frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.