• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre-Match | Liverpool vs Tottenham | PL Matchday 10 | Sunday October 27th | 16:30h | Anfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
If we beat Spurs and don't lose to City at home two weeks later i'm pretty sure we'll have a bigger lead in the table at the end of the year than the 6 points we have at the moment. City still have to play Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Leicester.

Not sure what to make of Spurs at the moment tbh so i'm keeping this short. Hope Klopp tells supporters to create big game / CL Anfield athmosphere.

I'm starting to get concerned about all the minutes VvD and Fabinho already played this season. Beat them and then we can rest them in the League Cup against Arsenal.

Alisson
TAA Matip VvD Robertson
Henderson Fabinho Wijnaldum
Salah Firmino Mané

YNWA

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
This wont be easy. If we give Harry Kane the kind of chances we have been conceding lately he will have golden boot in his mind already.
I think there will be goals. We can certainly get at them. If matip doesn’t play then Gomez has the pace to keep our high line active. As much as I like lovren he’s a low block defender not a sprinter.
I think we will do it. It’ll be close but 4-2.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
I hate this fixture. My father in law is a massive spurs fan and it’s his 72nd birthday on Sunday so they are coming over for lunch. If we spank Spurs it will ruin his day and probably somehow the mother in law will make it my fault. The best I can hope for is an exciting 3.3 draw.

jaffod

Don't know what to expect here. Spurs have been the best side to visit Anfield for the past 2 seasons but even then only a corrupt refereeing performance from Moss enabled them to get a point 2 seasons ago.
There has been talk of behind the scenes unrest and Poch losing the dressing room, they've been shipping goals and there's the added factor of the CL final so they'll either completely Spurs it or feel they have something to prove.
Either way we have to just do our own thing and get the 3 points one way or another. Abu Dhabi have a home banker on Saturday so the lead will be down to 3 points at KO. Is it just me or do those cunts seem to have an easier game than we do every week?
Hopefully Trent and Matip will be back. Fabinho, Hendo and Keita to start and the usual front 3. 3-1 to the Reds.

nikz200

Its another big game and now its at Anfield. They must really hate us after that UCL final and the last season we faced them. For this game, i think we will start Hendo, Gini and Fabinho, though i wouldn't be adverse to starting Keita and Gini with Fabinho in the midfield. our front 3 is going through a bit of a tough patch, probably due to fatigue. So we will need our fullbacks and midfield to be more advance.

iftikhar

I'm starting to get concerned about all the minutes VvD and Fabinho already played this season. Beat them and then we can rest them in the League Cup against Arsenal.
Since the beginning of the 2017/18 season 13-14 players have played in 90% of the games. Then there were WC, Copa, CAF etc. during the close season. I'm really, really worried that the situation might implode at some point.

epsomred

Ad-free Member
Don't know what to expect here. Spurs have been the best side to visit Anfield for the past 2 seasons but even then only a corrupt refereeing performance from Moss enabled them to get a point 2 seasons ago.
There has been talk of behind the scenes unrest and Poch losing the dressing room, they've been shipping goals and there's the added factor of the CL final so they'll either completely Spurs it or feel they have something to prove.
Either way we have to just do our own thing and get the 3 points one way or another. Abu Dhabi have a home banker on Saturday so the lead will be down to 3 points at KO. Is it just me or do those cunts seem to have an easier game than we do every week?
Hopefully Trent and Matip will be back. Fabinho, Hendo and Keita to start and the usual front 3. 3-1 to the Reds.
It’s you, I don’t think that’s how the fixture list works.

redaderry

I hate this fixture. My father in law is a massive spurs fan and it’s his 72nd birthday on Sunday so they are coming over for lunch. If we spank Spurs it will ruin his day and probably somehow the mother in law will make it my fault. The best I can hope for is an exciting 3.3 draw.
Wouldn't it be more fun if we mash them and you can sneer at your FIL?

ptt

2020, head of the table.
If you’re cooking (and they’re worth a few bob) maybe worth serving a few years for involuntary manslaughter? Just a thought based on my inlaws......

Show me the Mane

You need fix your priority's
When we beat them 2-0 and Mother in Law kicks off
just tell her that you are sorry for being unbearable but Father in Law should know better at his age to be supporting them and in any case he must be use to losing by now... :ROFLMAO:

epsomred

Ad-free Member
You need fix your priority's
When we beat them 2-0 and Mother in Law kicks off
just tell her that you are sorry for being unbearable but Father in Law should know better at his age to be supporting them and in any case he must be use to losing by now... :ROFLMAO:
You almost can’t exaggerate what a bad loser he is. If we are 2.0 up at half time I fully expect him to storm out and go home , birthday cake left uneaten, grandkids wailing, wife in a strop with me for putting the match on etc etc. It has happened before. Spurs fans are awful in my experience.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
If we beat Spurs and don't lose to City at home two weeks later i'm pretty sure we'll have a bigger lead in the table at the end of the year than the 6 points we have at the moment. City still have to play Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Leicester.

Not sure what to make of Spurs at the moment tbh so i'm keeping this short. Hope Klopp tells supporters to create big game / CL Anfield athmosphere.

Alisson
TAA Matip VvD Robertson
Henderson Fabinho Wijnaldum
Salah Firmino Mané

YNWA
In the Kop again for this one. Just need 3 points but not sure which Tottenham will turn up. Def wouldn't take a draw - but the sequence of Spurs, Villa then City in league is very interesting. We will have played Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Utd and Leicester - and City only have played Spurs in that time.

Getting my throat ready - Anfield will be loud.

Ljc1109

Hopefully TAA and Matip are back. I’d like Fab/Gini/ with Ox or Keita in midfield but I bet Klopp will go with Henderson for a little more defensive strength. Putting their CL result this week aside- let’s help Tottenham’s self-implosion spiral to continue. 4-0. Boom.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
Torn on this. On one hand I'd love a nice easy 3-0 win where its never in doubt. On the other, I'd love us to be 1-0 down up until the 85th minute, and two utterly blatant and horrific dives by Mo win us two penalties, and we jam out a 2-1 win watching Kane's head explode, and get the inquest from @epsomred's father in laws lovely day out the following day.

legendary

[QUOTE = "GermanRed, post: 1167388, member: 32086"]
Salah Firmino Mané
[/CITATION]

LA JOIE DE JOUIR ... !!!
Voici le lien spécial pour tous les FUNS:

MrRinsin

TIA Regular
Naby Keita to start, the ball sticks to the man's foot but then it does Gini's, i love their tight control and the way they go around players! Hard choice, fuck it shove Hendo on the bench and bring him on if it goes tits up. Ox on after 66 mins if we need a goal and the front 3 aren't on fire. Gutted Brewster ain't getting minutes, bring him on too 3rd sub, make Origi sweat on that bench for not scoring in the minutes he's had, ha!

Big Al
TAA Matip VVD Robbo
Gini Fab Keita
Salah Bobby Mane

Time to royally smash that shit of a team. Kane or Deli Ali Sandwich to get a red and a couple of pens to us, we seem to be light on getting favours so it's time the ref stood up and helped our cause.

Flobs

FADA
Naby Keita to start, the ball sticks to the man's foot but then it does Gini's, i love their tight control and the way they go around players!
I agree about Gini's tight control though sometimes when he fears a physical challenge he does weird stuff.
Keita though watching him against Genk yes suberb 1st touch but the one after always appeared to 'get away from him' always to long and not at all nice to watch. It's perhaps this that makes it difficult for him in more intensive matches. He definitely needs to work on that.
As for the line up I'm not too bothered I think Klopp has his plans and think it's Fab for sure then any 2 of Henderson, Gini and AOC (Keita played the whole 90 mins against Genk). If it's Gini I hope the other is Henderson and Gini gets to go forward more.
We'll see.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Don’t want to see Keita start against Spurs, City and maybe Napoli too. His playing time and the opponents should still be managed and chosen wisely.

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
No idea what will happen (and frankly I'm tired of the 4-0 predictions like many posted here against Martin Atkinson's favorite club).
I'm going to though remain positive cause someone told me we have a good leader who knows a little about how to get our players to outperform opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.