PRE Match: Liverpool vs Udinese (Europa League: Thu, 04.10.12; 20:05 GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

REDSkins

TIA Youth Team
Well, I guess Reina def wont be starting a clean sheet streak now. WHat a finish from Di Natale.

Cant really blame Allen or anyone else, really, too much. That's what Di Natale can do to you.

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
OK. If nobody is blaming Glen that's good.

But how are we going to overcome this problem, by hoping that we'll get better at it?

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
People are going to blame Glen.

I blame "our system" which forces defenders to not go for safety first and be forced to make the perfect pass and go.

I don't know how many times this has to happen to us, to realize what's wrong. Happened to Martin, Glen, and Daniel so far. Fat Scouser said it too the other day and it's becoming so evident.
Yet many complain when Carra hoofs it up top. If we change that part of the game then possession footie goes out the window as well and i'd rather give it more of a chance before giving up on it. We've only just started our first season playing this way

Arminius

FSG PR plant

But how are we going to overcome this problem, by hoping that we'll get better at it?
By learning from mistakes. I am not sure there is any other way to develop the snap judgement required - the only other element that can improve is the midfielders making themselves obviously available immediately, and that takes time too.

basil I'm interested in not conceding for a change. How about you?
I am interested in winning a league title for a change. How about you?

REDSkins

TIA Youth Team
basil I'm interested in not conceding for a change. How about you?
IMHO, if it was Lucas instead of Joe Allen right there, he would've had a better chance of either stopping Di Natale's pass or Di Natale's finish.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
I'd rather not concede either but any system needs time to get right. Apart from anything else you do realise that 3 of our normal back 4 aren't playing. If we give up on systems within a few months then there's no point getting a new manager ever, especially one that was hired because he had this idea of how to play. Besides, a very wise man once said something along the lines of even if we concede make sure we score more than them.

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Got it Arminius. Don't call a spade a spade then, all in the name of the beatiful tiki taka.

We are beginning to score, which is good, considering we don't have strikers, but we conceded about 2+ goals per game.

Moving right along.

I see Luis warming up.

ReRangles

We'll overcome this problem just as we've progressed in the system so far. Obviously all aspects of it will get better the more we play.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
They are holding possession much better this half, we need to press the ball with a little more vigour than we developed in the first half.

Got it Arminius. Don't call a spade a spade then, all in the name of the beatiful tiki taka.

We are beginning to score, which is good, considering we don't have strikers, but we conceded about 2+ goals per game.

Moving right along.

I see Luis warming up.
By all means call a spade a spade, but don't tear your hair out because there is a learning curve. It is toughest on defenders, because many of them have have risk-adversity rather than assessment drilled into them for most of their careers. They have the biggest mental leap to take. No purpose pointing out the obvious as if you are holding stone tablets in your arms and speaking wisdom. Mistakes will be made, the price will be paid.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Downing has responded to the criticism, that chase back he did in the first half was unheard of the last few games. BR measuring it right once again.
Assaidi hasn't been great, could do with pulling him off for me...

ptt

2019, a year of incredible celebration
Poor buggers, imagine facing these two with fresh legs.....

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
Sure he got an assist... but in general, Downing doesn't arf slow the play down in the final 3rd...

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
Woohoo, here comes King Luis!!

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
This ITV4 commentary seems to be lagging a bit!

REDSkins

TIA Youth Team
Stephen Ireland havin a decent game so far? What do you all think

ptt

2019, a year of incredible celebration
Straight red you cheating frucker!

Status
Not open for further replies.