• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

PRE Match: Liverpool vs Udinese (Europa League: Thu, 04.10.12; 20:05 GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Yup, the style that Rodgers wants us to play takes getting used to... by both the fans and the players... lol
Considering the age of our team/squad they are learning so fast, makes it so much easier on us but at this rate we will be playing some amazing stuff by January :) Love seeing the whole team playing well and how hard they are working to find space and be available for a pass, opposition teams will be knackered by the 60 minutes mark chasing the ball.

Rooster

What a hit son
Here I am in outback France with no TV on my travels. Thankfully wifi. Keep up the good work guys so I know what is going on

gb1986

Thought we started quite slow, came under a fair bit of pressure at one point, seemed like corner after corner for them, but we've really taken control and we're dominating now. Look like we could pass it around all day.

They're getting every single player they can deep behind the ball when we are in possession though.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Commentator saying this isn't far off our first team, obviously missing Stevie, Suarez, Sahin, Agger, Skrtel and usually Wisdom, suppose that's just over half our first team missing but never mind eh lol

mpoletti

Bearded Rumour Mill Regista
Any good streams knocking about?
http://www.nutjob.eu/

A great first half of play. Possesion. Possesion. Possesion.

A great goal from Jonjo on a good 1-2 combication and cross from Downing.

Henderson and Allen though. :)

OhYaBeauty

First Half Thoughts:
  • We look a bit flat; the midfield does a great job of possessing but there doesn't seem to be any urge to go forward and attack. Perhaps that's because we're up and they're still sitting back and defending, but we haven't threatened too much.
  • Udinese will have to come at us in the second half. There will be more counterattacks with them sending more bodies forward. The midfield will have to make sure not to give away any silly balls. And everybody has to get back to cover when they come running at us
  • Henderson has looked pretty good. He's all over the pitch, making passes and tackles. It seems he's playing like a traditional English box-to-box midfielder, which I didn't think we'd see under Rodgers. But I've been impressed.
  • Downing with an assist? What?

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Very good all round performance here, keep it up for the second half!

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
Good first half from us, against a very capable opponent. Tactically as a unit, and also in defensive one on one's, they're probably better than most team in the PL, so I'm not surprised to see us struggle to find openings. We got the goal though, and a very good one too, so they'll have to come out and play soon. If we can keep our concentration up when they do, we should be able to exploit it.

Dr_J

TIA Reserve Team
Well done boys. Very confident in possession. I think we'll finish this game off once the Italians come out of their shell a little bit. Reina has been fantastic in this one so far. A few great saves and very sharp in possession and coming off his line. Good to see that. Downing has actually looked quite sharp, and a lovely ball to Shelvey on the goal. Shelvey's celebration was hilarious hahaha

Commentator saying this isn't far off our first team, obviously missing Stevie, Suarez, Sahin, Agger, Skrtel and usually Wisdom, suppose that's just over half our first team missing but never mind eh
Not to mention Sterling and Enrique/Kelly when fit.

mpoletti

Bearded Rumour Mill Regista
Possession%: 77.9-22.1 | Passes: 404-103 | Accuracy%: 94-73 | Final 3rd total: 112-37 | Shots: 9-4 | On target: 3-1

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Possession%: 77.9-22.1 | Passes: 404-103 | Accuracy%: 94-73 | Final 3rd total: 112-37 | Shots: 9-4 | On target: 3-1
Excellent stats and it does show on the pitch but i'm always worried about a breakaway goal, We do tend to play teams off the park and tie a game though in all honesty i can see us getting more this game.

At L Singh, wasn't counting Kelly because of injury, Enrique i don't count as first choice just now but who knows and Sterling, well, forgot all about him lol. Makes the commentator a bit more of a pratt though, 7 out of 11 missing is nearly our first team. Perhaps it's because we just don't know any more as both our teams are playing so well.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
I am really starting to like the way Assaidi at least feints taking his man every single time he gets the ball. Busy night for a fullback, and I will bet the centrebacks like to keep an eye on him.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
And there we go, blast, hope we get another straight away her, wish i'd kept my mouth shut

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Ad-free Member
People are going to blame Glen.

I blame "our system" which forces defenders to not go for safety first and be forced to make the perfect pass and go.

I don't know how many times this has to happen to us, to realize what's wrong. Happened to Martin, Glen, and Daniel so far. Fat Scouser said it too the other day and it's becoming so evident.

Nick_LFC

Bob and Phil from Brazil!
Downing has yet to have a game where I wouldn't take him off before anyone else.

ReRangles

I blame "our system" which forces defenders to not go for safety first and be forced to make the perfect pass and go.

I don't know how many times this has to happen to us, to realize what's wrong. Happened to Martin, Glen, and Daniel so far. Fat Scouser said it too the other day and it's becoming so evident.
nobodies blaming Glen and they are getting better at the system every game.

Arminius

FSG PR plant

Working as intended - mistakes like that are part and parcel of the learning curve, the last lesson that will settle in is when it really is time to go for safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.