• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre-Match | Liverpool vs Watford | PL Matchday 17 | Saturday December 14th | 12:30h | Anfield

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Last game before League Cup and Club World Cup and it is an early kickoff against Watford.

Alisson
TAA Gomez VvD Robertson
Ox Henderson Milner
Salah Firmino Mané

After Lovrens injury in the CL I’m expecting van den Berg (or Hoever) to be on the bench.

Commando

Ad-free Member
I'll be flying towards four weeks in the sun as we play this one. Don't worry, I'll have my lucky pants, socks, t shirt, hanky, watch and bracelet with me. Hoping that when we touch down in Fuerteventura the Reds will have added some lovely green to the season comparison table.
I'm sure that Jurgen and his staff will know which personnel, formation and tactics are required to overcome the Hornets.

COYR YNWA

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Have a feeling Shaq starts this one, with Salah central and Firmino rested.
In midfield I think Gini at DM with Ox and Milner. Hendo on bench.
They have Pearson as mansger and if he can get them into that dogged mindset they will be hard to break down.
That said, there is a gulf in quality and I think we will overpower them. Another clean sheet and pressure on the title rivals.

Incognito

The Normal One
We are flying high and clean sheets are coming just at the right time for us. At Anfield, against a team that's 20th what could possibly go wrong? Overconfidence and complacency I suppose. Klopp would surely ensure that doesn't creep in so we should be good.

Bobby can get a rest for this one. Divock has earned a start IMO with his game recent. Back 5 picks itself unless Milly for Robbo is something Klopp envisages. Robbo could do with a rest here.

Ox was rested and I would prefer Keita to have another game as he is getting in the groove now. Hendo back at the base.

Alisson - Trent Gomez VVD Milly - Hendo Ox Keita - Mane Salah Origi

Let's get those 2-3 goals in the first 45-60 and knock the ball around to bore to the death everyone - players fans etc.. Injury free no nonsense Bournemouth kind of game will do for me.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I’d be tempted to rest Hendo for this. Origi and Ox deserve to start, and I think Baby Keith should start again to really cement this good run of form.

Alisson
Trent Gomez Van Dijk Robbo
Wijnaldum
Chamberlain Keita
Salah Origi Mane​

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
I feel we need to rest a few lads and play some of the boys who played a part in the Bitters thrashing.

Wouldn't mind seeing this side:

........................Becker...........
Milner.......Gomez.....Virg..... Robertson
...................... Henderson...................
.............Ox.........................Wijnaldum....
Shaqiri...............Origi......................Mane

I'm fully expecting another clean sheet, yet another 3 points. Watford aren't stopping the champions of Europe. No way.

4-0 Redmen.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Back in the kop for this. Don’t like these early kick offs, nor does Klopp.

Bag another 3 points, pressure on those that think they are chasing us.... and onto the league cup, and that thing in Qatar.

Then prep for Boxing Day... but an interesting match before then whilst we are in the heat of Qatar.

Klopp will go strong.

And there may well be a hung parliament... which means Corbyn and Lib Dem’s together...

And we stay in Europe.

Just love this red bird so much.

Nur der BvB09

On paper is a game never won. On the pitch this lot in RED are good enough to destroy and Team.
So up to them to make us proud and us to cherish them after game how good they were/are/ll be! Up the REDMEN.
Make yourselfs and us proud and PLEASE a cleen sheet would be nice.YNWA

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
Watford are bottom but they have better players than their league position might suggest.
New manager. Possible new bounce.

So although I’m not in favour of mass changes and treating like your average league one team, I would rest a few.

Allison
TAA
Robertson
VVD
Gomez

Milner
Oxlade
Wijnandum

Salah
Origi
Shaqiri

Win this and for a short while we go 11 points clear and a whopping 17 ahead of Man City.

jaffod

It would be absolutely gutting to drop points to these just before we go to Qatar so we need to go strong, get the 3 points and then we can sit back and watch Abu Dhabi and Leicester play twice with the absolute certainty one of them (and possibly both) will drop points.
Back 4 picks itself, just hope Trent avoids a booking but if it happens Milner will can fill in at Leicester.
I'd rest Hendo and go with Milner, Gini and AOC in midfield.
Mane is a cert, no way does he sit out 2 PL games running. I'd rest Bobby for Divock because he's just a bit off the pace right now and I'd go with Mo as well. I'd like Shaqiri to get another start but we're spoiled for choice right now and hopefully he'll get his chance at the CWC.
Keita, Bobby, Shaq and Hendo will make a pretty strong bench if needed.
Early KO should favour us being the home team, don't think Watford will have played too many early KO's at the top teams. Just fucking win Redmen.

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
Most of their games have been close in score. I think the only blowout they had was against the team currently third in the PL. A attacking lineup is a requirement.

We have played so well recently, while switching things up, so it would be nice to mix it up again, while winning comfortably. Another clean sheet would be awesome.

Sweeting

Alisson
Hoever Gomez vDijk Robertson
Milner Wijnaldum Chamberlain
Shaqiri Origi Mane

Trent rested to avoid another yellow
Hoever back in ahead of starting CB on Tuesday
Shaqiri and Origi another chance to impress

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Alisson
Hoever Gomez vDijk Robertson
Milner Wijnaldum Chamberlain
Shaqiri Origi Mane

Trent rested to avoid another yellow
Hoever back in ahead of starting CB on Tuesday
Shaqiri and Origi another chance to impress
I'd go along these lines too. Do you think that Hoever is ready for the big plunge into the PL, mate?