• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Pre-Match | Liverpool vs West Ham | PL Matchday 27 | Monday February 24th | 20:00h | Anfield

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
If i‘m totally honest i am thinking more about the FA Cup game against Chelsea and the CL game against AM at the moment.

Works for me but not for the team. They have to go full throttle again and show that they can bounce back from that small ‚accident' in Madrid.

Alisson
TAA Gomez VvD Robertson
Wijnaldum Fabinho Keita
Salah Firmino Mané​

Think the other change could be Milner in for Wijnaldum because I can see Milly being used more often in the coming weeks and he needs some minutes.

Y.N.W.A.

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member
Given how supine West Ham were against Mancheater City yesterday- they didn't even try to win the game- I wonder how Moyes will approach this test? Will he actually attempt to play for a point or will it be a damage limitation exercise from kick off?

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Do we already know how long Hendo will be out? As German Red said, Milly will probably be more involved from now on. It's also a good chance for Keita to establish himself in the team. Otherwise, there's plenty of rest (and hard training!) for the players until that game, and then again until the next one. So, the team picks itself really.

Hopefully we'll see an improvement and the rustiness we saw against Norwich and Atletico will be off until then. West Ham are in a bit of a slump, at least in terms of results. We beat them 2-0 a few weeks ago at their ground, without Mané. So, hopefully we can take them to the cleaners at Anfield, and register another three points. Fingers crossed!

Incognito

The Normal One
Can't see us winning this one. We lack creativity and spark, we don't have players who can open up tight defences. We never replaced Coutinho. Our squad is limited and we are in crises. Salah has been shit for a while. We suck at corners. Keita was both useless against Norwich, but the one who should have been the first name against Atleti. We aren't dominating teams and just riding our luck.

Only luck and Anfield is the hope.:cry:

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
Can't see us winning this one. We lack creativity and spark, we don't have players who can open up tight defences. We never replaced Coutinho. Our squad is limited and we are in crises. Salah has been shit for a while. We suck at corners. Keita was both useless against Norwich, but the one who should have been the first name against Atleti. We aren't dominating teams and just riding our luck.

If it wasn’t for VAR we would be struggling to make top 6.

And Moyes only knows how to win.

This will be tight.

4-0 to us.

Retro Helix

If it wasn’t for VAR we would be struggling to make top 6.
Utter Bollocks!!!

MrRinsin

TIA Regular
I'm over that midweek shock already! (ok not quite, what a weird feeling to lose) and i'm ready for bogeyes Moyes and his weak crew of Scammers to come and be the fodder, it really is floodgates time on Monday under the lights, hammertime you could say. I want a big result after City choke to the Foxes and then we are even closer. Huge month coming in March, let's set that up by winning this one. Keita to start in place of Hendo if injured or Widj if not, Fab needs more game time, we have to get him back to full speed if we want to win all the trophies.

jaffod

Gap might be down to 19 points by KO. Or, hopefully, Leicester will take something off Abu Dhabi on Saturday.

Team more or less picks itself, if Hendo doesn't make it I'd go with Keita for a bit more creativity and his ability to find gaps when teams sit deep which is what West Ham will do.

Should have way too much for these pie and mash eating cunts.

Alright Now

And it’s on a Monday. Who does that?

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
Gap might be down to 19 points by KO. Or, hopefully, Leicester will take something off Abu Dhabi on Saturday.

Team more or less picks itself, if Hendo doesn't make it I'd go with Keita for a bit more creativity and his ability to find gaps when teams sit deep which is what West Ham will do.

Should have way too much for these pie and mash eating cunts.
Don’t be knocking pie and mash FFS. My mum worked in a pie and mash shop, it’s classic working class food.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
I can see Robbo on the bench, Milner at LB. Midfield of Fabinho, Keita and Ox. Gini on bench and Hendo rested.
Up front starting with ysual three, but expect Minamino at some point.
The mindset will be tested, by the Atletico not by the Hammers. Go attacking, try to get the front 3 tuned finely for remainder of season.
All the nonsense about a drop in form (Norwich, AM) put to bed.
The greatest teams lost/lose matches. Time to get some perspective here, this great team lost to AM, in their stadium in the first leg. Whilst defending the Europen Cup. Whilst unbeaten in the league.......

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member

I’m with you on this. Couple of points to add, we are up against David Moyes (the unsung Anfield legend) who has a pretty consistent record at anfield. And also, after the Madrid game, Klopp clearly isn’t the right man to lead us - oh and what about the owners - most of anfield is card only now, can’t even use cash.

Money grabbing, thieves.

As for the game, well we go strong again as Watford is 5 days after.... just bag the 3 points.

And as for the future, anyone else think that Steve Nicol knows what he’s talking about?

Given my tickets to a friend who has been harassing me all season. 3 seats kop end. I want to go now... but telly will do.

LFCFFC

Time to resume normal service. A nice comfortable 7-0 should suffice.

In all seriousness, hoping for a show of strength and a game with limited stress. From a selfish standpoint, I'd have loved a Saturday arvo kickoff but it's probably good for the boys to have an extra couple of days training and recovery after a pretty substandard effort on Tuesday.

5 more wins.

nikz200

Would love to see Minamino get a game here, its in Anfield and it would be a good chance to flex our depth after the game against Athletico. Would love to see him play either in Salah or Firminos position and have Mane run the other side. Also chance to start Ox alongside Gini and Fabinho. Hendo deserves a break , especially after that knock he took in the last game.

Otherwise we keep the team and the back 4 the same , go out and firm up Anfield. West Ham will be up for it but we need to show why we are league leaders after that Athletico result.

Jaytinho

West Ham have really been shit, but all that means is that they play like their lives depended on it against us. But then again, its Anfield, and Klopp and the gang may still be angry with the Atletico result, so, I wouldnt be surprised we see a skinning, like a 4 or 5-0. With that said, would love to see Naby start and Taki get a run

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
This fixture always reminds me of the Till Death Us Do Part episode which featured that same fixture which I attended. The late great Peter Thompson scored two pile drivers. One of which he hit on to the crossbar and it rebounded straight out to him to bang back in again, both times from outside the area. Tony Booth, the "scouse git" (Cherie Blair's father of course) played a fanatical red although I think in real life he was a blue. Alf Garnett (Warren Mitchell) was a West 'Am supporter (in real life supported Spurs) and they travelled up for the game.

Am I the only one who remembers this?

https://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/378

Last edited:

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Ad-free Member
This fixture always reminds me of the Till Death Do Us Part episode which featured that same fixture which I attended. The late great Peter Thompson scored two pile drivers. One of which he hit on to the crossbar and it rebounded straight out to him to bang back in again, both times from outside the area. Tony Booth, the "scouse git" (Cherie Blair's father of course) played a fanatical red although I think in real life he was a blue. Alf Garnett (Warren Mitchell) was a West 'Am supporter (in real life supported Spurs) and they travelled up for the game.

Am I the only one who remembers this?
Yes

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
I hate Monday night football.
Only the powers that be can give Lfc a two week break, then play 2 in 4 days with one being abroad, Followed by 6 days off.
We’ve lost some rhythm and I expect this to be a turgid 1 or 2-0 to us.