Pre-Match | Liverpool vs West Ham | PL Matchday 27 | Monday February 24th | 20:00h | Anfield

petergriffin2020

Crazy to think that we are halfway to our goal since full-time against United, which was when I really started to "believe"...at that time we needed 30 points, now we only need 15. As boring as it is, just need to keep checking them off (bonus for City to drop more points...they've got to go to each of Leicester, Old Toilet, and Chelsea in the next four weeks)! Thankfully, if there's any team that seems able to take things one game at a time, it's ours.

Anything can happen, but, given that we avenged last year's result by winning 2-0 at their place, we should have more than enough.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Alisson
Trent Gomez Van Dijk Robbo
Fabinho
Ox-Chamb Keita
Salah Firmino Mane
I’m guessing Hendo is unavailable for this one?

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
I actually liked a couple of Ox's one hour performances when he had to play. I also liked Keita's performance at Norwich. Not great, but certainly not bad either. He was there in a lot of pressing situations and perhaps the chance he missed made people forget about the good things he did. I thought he (him or Ox, whoever) merited coming on in Madrid (certainly before Origi), perhaps not centrally, but even slightly from the sides.

But I'd probably lean towards Ox, also as he played and scored in that West Ham game not long ago. I thought Gomez was a bit weak against Atletico (not surprising as they pose threat in areas he can still improve) and Fabinho looks like he needs to find rhythm again. We'll see if Klopp changes one or two more bits in the next two games, but let's assume we'll continue with our "full strength team".

So:
Alisson
Trent Gomez vDijk Robertson
Chamberlain Fabinho Wijnaldum
Salah Firmino Mane

Subs: Adrian, Matip, Milner, Lallana, Keita, Minamino, Origi.​

Dutch

Ad-free Member
Going to be a tough one, WH played with 6 defenders and 4 midfielders no attakkers against City with no interest in scoring a goal just interested in preventing City to score one.

Perth Red

Deep in the wilds of outback Queensland
Would anyone fancy trying Matip or Milner for this one.
I think this is a good opportunity to rotate a bit. Substitutions when a couple of goals to the good for Matip and maybe Lallana, don't think they'll start though.
I can see Minamino getting a start in place of Bobby or Mo and Millie is a good chance to partner Keita in front of Fab, I reckon.

Joe Gomez x

Minamino in for Henderson???? Is he an attacking midfielder even. His versatility confuses me

Red over the water

I expect West Ham to dig in. Moyes has it in his head that goal difference might be key. He won’t expect any points but he will want to keep the goals against column down.

2-0 Liverpool. Mo and Virg.

Defence and attack should pick themselves. Midfield tricky to guess with Hendo out. My guess is Keita.

RodM

It's Saturday morning and there isn't a match for us this weekend. It's discombobulating at the best of times but when you have had a shitty loss midweek and you want to get stuck back in it's quite infuriating.

In truth it's no bad thing. We have the captain out during what has possibly been the best form of his career and we need to regroup. The midfield is going to be key here. Fabinho seems obvious as a DM but the two in front will need to be capable of breaking down bus parkers. I don't know whether West Ham will do that but it could be a good dress rehearsal for the second leg against Atletico. My guess would be to go with Ox and Gini or possibly Milner.

Anyway, Bremen Vs BVB is on the box this afternoon so I'll get my footy fix there.

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
This is the most important game of the season, well at least it will be until the next one. It's an absolutely must win game.

PGMOL have taken a leaf out of UEFA's handbook and have appointed the nearest thing that they have to an inept polish ref, their very own jon " mind-boggling inconsistencies" moss. I wonder how many penalties he will contrive to conjure up for the jellied eel scoffing, buble blowing cockernees. No doubt he'll be ably assisted in this by paul "myopic pie eater" tierney, on VAR duties.

Following further criticisms of my literary style, as well as a concern for the sensibilities a certain member of this forum afflicted with a debilitating phobia of words of more than two syllables, all potentially offending text in the next few paragraphs, has been redacted.

In a █████████ in the ██████ of the ████████ was the ██████ of the ██████ ████████ █████, a ████████ █████████ with a █████████ stock of ████████, an █████ ███████, and an ██████████ lenth of █████████ on a stick. This ████████ in the ███████ ███████ gave █████████ to some █████████ to ███████ on his name, and to ██████ that it was ███████ from ██████, ██████ through an ███████ ██████ into █████ ██████, ███████ ████████ into ███████, and ████████ ███████ into ████████, ████████ a first-rate pair of ███████ ███████ to be ██████ until they pop. █████████ from the ███████ ████████, the ████████, who was a ███████ of █████████ in the ████████ ███████, whose ██████ were ████████ in the dead of night ███████, █████ by the ██████ , when a ██████ of █████████ passed ████████ right up his ███████, and the ████████, of course, proved the █████████ ██████ of the two. This ████████ ██████████, being both ████████ and ██████, became by ████████ an ███████ ████████ to the new ███████, █████████ ███████ himself was ███████ ████████, though by no means ████████ ██████.

I know that for many, that will have been a tough read, but I think it needed to be said. Meanwhile:

Lawro, has ███████ █████████ with the ████████ of his ███████, ████████ a two nil win to us, the lousy ████████.

Hopefully his attempted kiss of death won't throw a spanner in the works and upset the apple-cart. :rolleyes:

I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win to us. :oops:

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member
This is the most important game of the season, well at least it will be until the next one. It's an absolutely must win game.

PGMOL have taken a leaf out of UEFA's handbook and have appointed the nearest thing that they have to an inept polish ref, their very own jon " mind-boggling inconsistencies" moss. I wonder how many penalties he will contrive to conjure up for the jellied eel scoffing, buble blowing cockernees. No doubt he'll be ably assisted in this by paul "myopic pie eater" tierney, on VAR duties.

Following further criticisms of my literary style, as well as a concern for the sensibilities a certain member of this forum afflicted with a debilitating phobia of words of more than two syllables, all potentially offending text in the next few paragraphs, has been redacted.

In a █████████ in the ██████ of the ████████ was the ██████ of the ██████ ████████ █████, a ████████ █████████ with a █████████ stock of ████████, an █████ ███████, and an ██████████ lenth of █████████ on a stick. This ████████ in the ███████ ███████ gave █████████ to some █████████ to ███████ on his name, and to ██████ that it was ███████ from ██████, ██████ through an ███████ ██████ into █████ ██████, ███████ ████████ into ███████, and ████████ ███████ into ████████, ████████ a first-rate pair of ███████ ███████ to be ██████ until they pop. █████████ from the ███████ ████████, the ████████, who was a ███████ of █████████ in the ████████ ███████, whose ██████ were ████████ in the dead of night ███████, █████ by the ██████ , when a ██████ of █████████ passed ████████ right up his ███████, and the ████████, of course, proved the █████████ ██████ of the two. This ████████ ██████████, being both ████████ and ██████, became by ████████ an ███████ ████████ to the new ███████, █████████ ███████ himself was ███████ ████████, though by no means ████████ ██████.

I know that for many, that will have been a tough read, but I think it needed to be said. Meanwhile:

Lawro, has ███████ █████████ with the ████████ of his ███████, ████████ a two nil win to us, the lousy ████████.

Hopefully his attempted kiss of death won't throw a spanner in the works and upset the apple-cart. :rolleyes:

Absolute genius. :ROFLMAO:

SirBillShankly

God help and protect us.
Love the Ox but I really would like to see Keita start, we have nobody else like him in the midfield in the way he beats players and takes them out of the game and I think he could be very useful in unlocking defences especially in the CL,so the more games he gets the quicker he will develop and improve.

Has to be 3 more points doesn't it?

...................Becker...........
Trent....Gomez....Virg... Robertson
................. Fabinho.................
..... Wijnaldum............Keita........
Salah......... Firmino.........Mane

3-0 Bobby with a hat-trick.

Last edited:

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Hopefully at least one of Ox/Keita/Milner plays well while Hendo is out. It's a shame because Hendo played really well in last games and Fabinho needs a bit of time to find rhythm. Another solution would be also to flip to 4-2-3-1.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
I really want to go to this game now. Having given my tickets to a mate - I wonder if there is a legal way to get them back? Anyone got the number of the legal chap helping City out? I think I'll give him a call.

Or just watch it on telly. With a cuppa?

Alright Now

Greatest post of the modern era.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
I'd be looking at more of a threat from the midfield. We've seen more and more teams playing 3 cb at the back against us along with 2 wingbacks in a low block to stop our wingbacks pinging in the crosses. This is where we need the midfielders to be more proactive in supplying the assists.

Depending on the situation after the Citeh-Foxes match, I'd either play Matip incase it's a Citeh draw/lose or VVD if Citeh win. Virgil does need some rest too.

I'd be looking at a midfield which provides a little more creativity as opposed to Energy that the likes of Gini and Keita offer. The top 3 probably write themselves in as they need to get back from vacation mode

Ali
Trent Gomez Matip/VVD Milner
Lallana Fabinho Oxlade
Salah Bobby Mane

Craig_Johnston

I'm very down under, but my wife disagrees
Ok, I know it's not rational, but I'm a bit nervous about this one. It's because Hendo is missing. Of course, even without him, we are much better than WH, but I can't help but remember 2014 when he missed those crucial games. Somebody reassure me please!

Flobs

FADA

You misspelt 'length' and possibly a few other 'censored' words. Surely that pushes this encounter into the realms of a potential 'banana skin' :cry: