• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre-Match | Liverpool vs Wolverhampton | PL Matchday 20 | Sunday December 29th | 16:30h | Anfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
World Champions return home. Players will have the badge on their shirts and I wonder if the trophy will be presented in the stadium before kick-off.

Wolves are a decent team and I like the work they are doing there but having an away game just 43 hours after their game against City - we just have too much for them tbh.

I'm rarely good with squad selections so I'll try something different this time.

Alisson
TAA Gomez VvD Milner
Henderson Wijnaldum
Mané Firmino Origi
Salah​

Let’s end the year in style!!!

Y.N.W.A.

LuisSuarez

TIA Reserve Team
I expect this to be an another 4-0 thrashing on Sunday. I think Wolves legs are going to give out within the first 10 mins after playing Manchester City later today. This is a horrible fixture for Wolves regarding the timing of the holiday schedule.

Now just do your business today Wolves :)

20ATHLONE

I would expect a tighter game than Leicester. Muni will have Wolves ready and they’ve not lost in 10 or 11 games too (albeit they’re vs. Man City today)

expect us to be on fire though given the gold badge on our shirt and the last game of the year at home

Flobs

FADA
I have just realised what a difficult run of league games we are up against so need to stay on our toes. We dispatched the Foxes, have Wolves twice, Steel United, Spursy and Manure all potentially top 6 finishers as it stands. (That's not mentionning the FA cup against the bitters and CL against Madrid).
Some rotation but not much and pulling off important players when necessary, like Henderson against the Foxes should get us through.
So a big test for our mental giants, com'on you Reds!

jaffod

I expect this to be an another 4-0 thrashing on Sunday. I think Wolves legs are going to give out within the first 10 mins after playing Manchester City later today. This is a horrible fixture for Wolves regarding the timing of the holiday schedule.

Now just do your business today Wolves :)

All logic suggests they go strong tonight, make changes against us and then go strong again against Watford in the New Year. Any variance on that would be very odd imo. Not sure how much drop off there is in their squad players, they'll want to perform for obvious reasons but providing our lads are fit and on their game I'd expect us to have too much for them.

Back 4 picks itself, Keita is on fire atm and Gini is well rested seeing as he didn't play at all in Qatar. Only real decision is Milner or Hendo, Jordan deffo needs a rest so this might be where he sits one out.

Anfield will be bouncing, first home game since winning the CWC and lots of drinking time beforehand. We need to fuck these up to keep our foot on Abu Dhabi's neck and because their fans are another set of fucking brainless dickheads.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Wolves are a decent team, not going to be easy, but after the way we disposed of Leicester last night, I expect Anfield will be fucking buzzing for this one.

Allisson

TAA Gomez VVD Robbo

Lalana Hendo Keita

Salah Bobby Mane
I predict 5-1

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
Makes sense for Wolves to prioritise a home game against City over an away game at Anfield. But then, maybe they fancy the chance of taking some points off us?

Willy Boly out injured still and I think if Neves picks up a yellow today he might miss the match against us?

I suppose from their point of view, all they can do is try their best tonight and worry about our match after that?

Dutch

Ad-free Member
Wolves are well organized with 5 defenders and a bunch of midfielders in front of them as long it is 0-0. When they fall behind they show a lack of creativity and ideas. If Enderson stayed in the game instead of that clown Bravo they would have never won it.

We win 2-0.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
They'll be knackered and we'll thump them. Best end to the year we could have imagined.

3-0 to the Champions elect.

....................Becker...........
Trent....Gomez...Virg.... Robertson
...................Hendo.................
.... Wijnaldum........ Keita......
Salah...... Firmino.....Mane....

redalways

TIA Regular
They'll be knackered and we'll thump them. Best end to the year we could have imagined.

3-0 to the Champions elect.

....................Becker...........
Trent....Gomez...Virg.... Robertson
...................Hendo.................
.... Wijnaldum........ Keita......
Salah...... Firmino.....Mane....
I'm hoping they'll be knackered, but it seems like Nuno knows what he's doing, so I do hope the team does not get complacent.

jaffod

Hopefully the City game will have taken it’s toll on Wolves, they only have 2 days to recover and prepare for Sunday.
They might have the legs to go again on Sunday but the problem they face is they have to play again on New Years Day, away at Watford. They simply cannot field their strongest team in both those games so the only logical thing to do is make changes for our game and then go strong at Watford in a game they could probably get something from.
That said if we perform anything like we did at Leicester then it wont make any difference what they do.

Magnus

In theory with the extra day as well as being better than them, we should win this. But the football is round and sometimes strange things happens. A draw, while untimely, would hardly be a disaster. Yet, with the extra day to recuperate I think we ought to win and will be some what disappointed if we do not. Anyway, won't be a huge problem if we drop points.

As for me, I will be on a bus. If I get to watch it or not depends if the wi-fi in the bus is stable or not. Last time I took the bus to Oslo, it was so-so (got to watch 3/4 of a game), but crossing fingers for pure stability.

Falcon51

This may be a tougher game than a few we’ve played as the Wolves beat MC! They’ll be pumped up after that Feeling like they can be a spoiler for us too. I’m confident we’ll win but we have to once again Strike Hard, Strike Fast, Strike to KILL!

Clive

Anfield will be a special atmosphere for this, first game as world champions at home, and the two results since Xmas resulting in talk of winning the league reaching fever pitch.

Interesting that Wolves are coming to town, so heroic against City and heartily cheered by Reds fans, now opponents. Whilst we will be fatigued, they will too with 24 hours less rest.

Not sure on the line up here, Klopp may well go for something like the derby line up with Shaq and big Div. either way I think we will overwhelm Wolves and increase our lead at the top.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.