Pre-Match | Man City vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 32 | Thursday July 2nd 20:15h | Etihad Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodM

Well this is a must win game. Actually, it isn't is it? And it's not a friendly. What are we supposed to do with this?

I can remember a couple of games in the early 80s when we had already tied up the league and the games were shite. Actually, we were shite. The pitch resembled an onion patch and you could tell all our guys wanted to do was to avoid getting injured before the summer.

I hope we don't do that because next season will be on us so fast that we don't want to lose momentum.

What I would like to see is a few of the younger guys getting quality playing time in with our first choice XI. I was really impressed with Neco Williams performance against Palace and this could be a huge opportunity to allow the likes of Jones and Elliot competitive playing time alongside players that you would hope would become their regular team-mates.

Anyway, I'm actually looking forward to enjoying a few league games without worrying about dropping points, other teams results or that confounded yellow skinned fruit.

Red Submarine

We've won the fucking lot.
I do admit I do like Pep. Media hate the fact him and Jürgen get on. They are begging for a Fergie v Wenger but can’t get it this time. Hopefully we score a late one from a soft penalty against Mo, then Hendo dinks it down the middle. Scenes
I don't have a problem with Pep either. He what he is as a manager but he's definitely one of the more passionate people in the game. I doubt he'd care whether I like him or not though to be honest when he's flying first class to his Winter home in The Seychelles with the fittest bird you've ever seen.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Yeah, Pep can be quite sarcastic (said also that City always welcomed us well, probably referring to the bus incident at Anfield), but I never understood the certain hate towards him. Truth is, he doesn't deal well with the media at times, you feel he really doesn't want to be there and I understand it. Klopp just rambles on, you don't even have to ask him questions. I sense there's high respect between him and Jurgen and rightly so. We should just enjoy having two of the best managers at the top of their game going at it, and us having one of them.

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
Yeah, Pep can be quite sarcastic (said also that City always welcomed us well, probably referring to the bus incident at Anfield), but I never understood the certain hate towards him. Truth is, he doesn't deal well with the media at times, you feel he really doesn't want to be there and I understand it. Klopp just rambles on, you don't even have to ask him questions. I sense there's high respect between him and Jurgen and rightly so. We should just enjoy having two of the best managers at the top of their game going at it, and us having one of them.
I think His legend has been tainted simply because he agreed to manage such a shitty, cheating, plastic club. Marry to this the fact that he has never exactly been short of massive financial resources or a world class squad at his disposal at any point in his managerial career, begs the question: I wonder how he would have coped managing, say......Watford? Just a thought.

Last edited:

Commando

Ad-free Member
I don't have a problem with Pep either. He what he is as a manager but he's definitely one of the more passionate people in the game. I doubt he'd care whether I like him or not though to be honest when he's flying first class to his Winter home in The Seychelles with the fittest bird you’ve ever seen.
What????? Mrs CDO is leaving me for Pep, and this is how I find out? Gutted.

Anyhoo, back to the game.

I trust that Jurgen and his staff will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game.

COYR YNWA

LeoT

I'm kinda disappointed that we're already champions. I wanted us to go to ManC and take the trophy off them in their own back yard, I kinda think thet would have hurt more than the guard of honour.

I was actually hoping that this game would be the title decider and it would be decided with a Rahim Sterling own goal. We could then sing "He's one of our own" when ever he plays against us in future, would have wound him up nicely.

But back to reality....
I think it will be quite a tough game, I actually think we'll spend a lot of the game defending, but then we'll still win 2:0 (Mo in the 1st half, Origi late in the 2nd half).

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
In general,i don't like to say what the score is and jynx us but i got a feeling,winning this title will put an extra spring in our step,take us up another level,give our players more confidence and strengthen the team unit even more (if thats possible),it won't be an arrogance or bigheadedness,as i doubt Klopp would allow it and he's probably brought them all back down to earth in training already.

I think Citeh will try and give us a hard game but we'll win this fucker nicely,i can feel it in my (foot) balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.