Pre-Match | Man City vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 32 | Thursday July 2nd 20:15h | Etihad Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter

[email protected]

@GermanRed has 10.000 Likes now.

His role in winning this title is a bit underappreciated IMHO.

The club should give him a medal or at least he should get that guard of honor tomorrow.
Who the fuck is he and how much did we pay for him? All I remember is a shambolic performance against Watford. Sack the cunt.

Alright Now

@GermanRed has 10.000 Likes now.

His role in winning this title is a bit underappreciated IMHO.

The club should give him a medal or at least he should get that guard of honor tomorrow.
In all seriousness, have enjoyed your posts and benefited from your initiative. You will always be part of Reds folklore.

In fact, if we ever did a poll, I would vote for a TIA @GermanRed statue to be placed alongside my own.

YNWA and thanks for the previews.

RedLar

Anyone at all thinking we might not win this? That it's something of a nothing game for our lot? That city's incentive to beat us might be a little more acute?

Frankly a little surprised the number of people think we will win. Is it to get forum likes?

City the only side who can put us on the back foot in the league. Wish I shared everyone's enthusiasm for a win. Clearly, I do not. We will have to bloody play well to take 3 points.

richieh10

It should be a good game

they will want to beat us so badly, that guard of honour is going to really fuck them off.

we’ve gotta go strong from min 1, otherwise we’ll be fucked.

the headlines tomorrow will either be about us doing a professional job or about us taking our feet off the gas.

I’m going for a prediction of Sterling to be sent off though.

“One Greedy Bastard, There’s Only One Greedy Bastard, One Greedy Baaaaaaaaaaaasssstard....”

2-1 Liverpool, Salah and Mane

[email protected]

Anyone at all thinking we might not win this? That it's something of a nothing game for our lot? That city's incentive to beat us might be a little more acute?

Frankly a little surprised the number of people think we will win. Is it to get forum likes?

City the only side who can put us on the back foot in the league. Wish I shared everyone's enthusiasm for a win. Clearly, I do not. We will have to bloody play well to take 3 points.
Your first posts since the Atletico thread; one moaning about the Ev and the other about how you're apprehensive about tonight's game and both over and hour and a half hour ago. Fair enough, we all moaned about the Everton game and it's okay to be apprehensive about City but did you miss that we won the league for the first time in thirty (!) years? Would have been nice to give that a mention, eh? Tough crowd.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Maybe the fact that Liverpool are crowned champions, leading the league by a street and playing like a fucking machine against Palace, maybe the fact that City have shown some weaknesses has led members to be confident and predict a win.
Does it matter in the grand scheme of things if we lose? No, but like most on here I am stoked for a win tonight to inflict another wound to the nearest rivals we currentley have.
How this equates to seeking likes is beyond me to be honest. An honest desire to see Liverpool head towards a remarkable points total and to set down markers for next season? Lighten up a bit.

Dutch

Ad-free Member

We could lose this one, of course, City is an excellent side especially in attack and midfield, in defence they are not so good. To me we are a better side especially in defence and defence is what wins matches and normally the league. Oops. :cool:

Having said that, we can have an off-day too and City is the team that punishes that but overall I think a draw would be the worst result tonight.

Noo Noo

Absolutely. They are a fantastic side that will have plenty of motivation to win. Perhaps we let our standards drop a little as well. I hope not as I'd really like to win to stamp our authority on the league properly. Nothing like beating your closest competition in the league at their patch.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
City are probably the one team in world football (apart from Watford!) who could give us a real beating but I think we will be up for this tonight. It's not as though it's come at the end of a long hard season when it's all won and we might want to ease up a bit. We've only played 2 games in more than 3 months and have just had 8 days off. There's an opportunity to put down a marker here for next season and I can't see JK wanting to slacken off.

Last three games with these, including the Community Shield, were classics. We never got the credit we deserved for the win in November because of all the focus on the decisions that didn't go City's way. That was a great counter-attacking performance. Just soaked up the pressure, then pounced. The Salah goal is one of the all-time great Liverpool goals. Big switch from Trent, Robbo's perfect cross, Mane, Bobby and Mo in 'red arrows' formation moving on to it. Spine-tingling stuff. We can play with a bit more freedom tonight as there's less at stake but the basic tactics will probably be the same as they were so successful last time round. Should be a great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.