• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match Napoli v Liverpool CL KO 20:00 (17,09,19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
I'm guessing 2-0 to us with hopefully the goals coming early so we can rest a few in the second half,horrible team to play against with the added bonus of the changing rooms being in a right fucking state apparently,Klopp mentioned he doesn't care as long as the pitch is good so lets do em good.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
This is a dilemma. Do we go full strength and try and get a brilliant result away from home, or try and rest a few lads knowing nothing gets decided in this one.

Suspect Klopp will go strong, aim to make a strong start and rest lads against Genk, and then hope there is enough in the tank for the weekend.

Adrian
Trent Matip Van Dijk Robbo
Fabinho
Hendo Gini
Salah Firmino Mane

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
I'm guessing 2-0 to us with hopefully the goals coming early so we can rest a few in the second half,horrible team to play against with the added bonus of the changing rooms being in a right fucking state apparently,Klopp mentioned he doesn't care as long as the pitch is good so lets do em good.
Are you even allowed to open this?

:eek:

Redopium

Henderson and Firmino will be back in the team, I can see Gomez replacing Trent and if Robertson is not available Milner will take his place, a draw would be a good result, a win would be fabulous.

RodM

I'm working in Köln tomorrow night. I'm assuming that there is sod all chance of a local bar showing it so it will have to be DAZN and hoping the hotel wi-fi is up to it.

It's not a make or break game and it is probably our toughest group game so 3 points would be great. It's not quite the pressure of the league where we seem to have to win every one.

Nur der BvB09

Ist been so Long i can t even remember back then that we do have a Team which whatever may/can happen isn t going to affect our Goals= win it for the 7 th time. If we have an off day who cares or if we concede silly Goal who cares. We ll Always come through.
So my prediction is; no matter why stands our way the only thoughts i m loosing About it is who ll be our oponent in finale. Up the Unbearebels BEAUTIFUL fecking REDS!YNWA
A 3 0 for us in the first half ll do good for Klopp to make some changes by the way in the second one.

Richard88

With 5 days between Napoli and Chelsea I'd expect to see this lineup start both games, with perhaps only Milner/Ox in for Wijnaldum in one of them.

----------------- Adrian -----------------------
Trent ----- Matip --- Van Dijk --- Robertson
---------------- Fabinho ----------------------
------ Henderson ---- Wijnaldum ------------
Salah ----------- Firmino -------------- Mané

Subs: Kelleher, Gomez, Milner, Lallana, Ox, Shaqiri, Brewster
Not in squad: Lonergan, Lovren, Hoever
Injured: Allison, Keita, Origi

Nur der BvB09

With 5 days between Napoli and Chelsea I'd expect to see this lineup start both games, with perhaps only Milner/Ox in for Wijnaldum in one of them.

----------------- Adrian -----------------------
Trent ----- Matip --- Van Dijk --- Robertson
---------------- Fabinho ----------------------
------ Henderson ---- Wijnaldum ------------
Salah ----------- Firmino -------------- Mané

Subs: Kelleher, Gomez, Milner, Lallana, Ox, Shaqiri, Brewster
Not in squad: Lonergan, Lovren, Hoever
Injured: Allison, Keita, Origi
Hmm you are having no mercy with Napoli with that Team selection i guess and i like a lot when anchelotti loose one

Arminius

FSG PR plant
I'm working in Köln tomorrow night. I'm assuming that there is sod all chance of a local bar showing it so it will have to be DAZN and hoping the hotel wi-fi is up to it.

It's not a make or break game and it is probably our toughest group game so 3 points would be great. It's not quite the pressure of the league where we seem to have to win every one.
Joe Champs and Jamesons both have multiple screens, so the chances are not terrible that you will be able to get one off the Dortmund match. I recall seeing a group round game at the Champs in Deutz.

Red over the water

It’s a good time to play this match. Win and we take control of the group. Lose, and there’s plenty of time to rectify the slip.

Last year there were three big teams in the group and someone good was going to miss out. The fixture had a do or die edge to it. This time as you look at the group there are two clear teams who should advance, and it’s still early doors for both sides. With all that taken into consideration I think it will be a draw, and that will sort of suit both sides.

We will spar and feel each other out, but I can’t see the same sort of edge as last time. 1-1.

(Then three points against Chelsea).

Alright Now

I’m as calm as can be expected of me now.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Despite us being magnificent and unbeaten and all of that, I think we'll be doing really well to come away with a win. This'll probably be our most difficult game since the Barca 2nd leg match and our defence will really have to be on the ball and not make any sloppy mistakes. I'm looking at you Trent.

1-1 and then on to Stamford Bridge for our second most difficult game since the Barca 2nd leg. It's going to be a testing week, but at the end of it I expect us to still be 100% in the league.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
No point in making a lot of changes, I want full seriousness here. Mane and Salah had a break during internationals, we've made a change or two on Saturday, we have enough time between Napoli and Chelsea late on Sunday. Plus, there's the first cup game next Wednesday. Plus, this is our first group game, our most difficult on paper and also where we really performed poorly last season (in all away group games). So no f*cking about. I think the only logical aim is to try and secure qualification as soon as possible. That doesn't necessarily mean playing our strongest strongest XI in all games, but being 100% focused and pick strong sides. Do it as soon as possible because when the last group games arrive, we'll be heading into heavy schedule with also the CWC around the corner. That could give us an opportunity to rotate more in a few games.

I was thinking about potentially Gomez in for Trent. They rested Insigne in their last league game, he came off the bench. They might target that right channel of ours. But now with Robbo being a doubt, I'm not sure if I'd change both full backs. We'll see what happens there then. I expect Hendo and Bobby both to start. Then it depends either Lovren or Brewster on the bench with Origi missing.

Our next two games are easy to motivate. We have to perform better than at Napoli last year and we also have to perform better than recently in Istanbul against Chelsea (wasn't poor like at Napoli, but room for improvement for sure, in both ways and I'm confident we'll see that in both games).

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Didn’t realize Napoli has given up 7 goals in its 3 matches—although the last was a clean sheet against Sampdoria without Manolas (not that Sampdoria has a prolific attack with 1 goal in its 3 games).
I'm glad you cant watch the match.
This thread will be calmer and more importantly we are guaranteed to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.