• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match Napoli v Liverpool CL KO 20:00 (17,09,19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweeting

It is not looking good now for our group. Salzburg is in top form and we now need to beat them. We may get relegated to Europa League. It looks unfortunately likely now unless Napoli fail to win against Genk etc.

Edit: 2-0. Sigh
We lost every away game in the group last season and progressed from a tougher group.

Panicking about Salzburg beating some part timers from Lesser France ffs.

Magnus

Right, right, got it guys. Apologies for my depressive talk. Just realising that our path to advance is far from easy, that is all.

SBYM

La presión es para neumáticos
Ad-free Member
I sure hope so, but forgive me, on a forum, Hot Takes is half of what we do after all. Let us just agree that our road now looks difficult but far from impossible.
Of course it's difficult.

It's the Champions League.

MW2833

It is not looking good now for our group. Salzburg is in top form and we now need to beat them. We may get relegated to Europa League. It looks unfortunately likely now unless Napoli fail to win against Genk etc.

Europa League? We're the champions of Europe. Calm down its only the first match and the hardest group match

rupzzz

TIA Regular
2-0. Fully deserved. We are once again well beaten.

Time to look forward to Chelsea, where our lads will have to play much better if they want to take something from it. Especially take their chances when they come along, but also create a lot more of them.
I thought we did pretty well. Arguably a soft penalty (fair enough) and then a late error. Hardest game of the group out the road.

Better losing the odd game now than in the league. Rio will love this.

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
Good game, challenge from Robbo was the difference, also felt we didnt play our normal game seemed to be more defensive and cautious.

Dhoff3

TIA Squad Member
2-0. Fully deserved. We are once again well beaten.

Time to look forward to Chelsea, where our lads will have to play much better if they want to take something from it. Especially take their chances when they come along, but also create a lot more of them.
I don't think fully deserved. Still think Liverpool were the better team, created more good chances but were admittedly lacked the finish. That was never a pen, a draw would have been a fair result in my opinion.

Sweeting

Right, right, got it guys. Apologies for my depressive talk. Just realising that our path to advance is far from easy, that is all.
We will win all our home games, because we always do, and Genk away at a minimum. That puts us through easily, probably top of the group.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
I'm not bothered in the slightest. No injuries is a plus. We had chances and the pitch was rotten. All we need is 3 wins and we get out of the group no problem. Well beat Genk home and away, probably do the same to Red Bull. It's a marathon not a sprint.
By the way italian teams have been doing this gamesmanship for the 40 years I've been watching football so nobody should be surprised by their carry on.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Didn’t watch it as was watching Orient get beat.
We never play well here so we move on to Chelsea

Commando

Ad-free Member

Wow, that’s it then. Can I ask for a refund on my home tickets? I’d hope that we do now make Europa. What if we come bottom of the group? It’s possible.

Ffs 1st game
I wish I could give this more than one like.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Would rather lose in this and the players get a kick up the ass early than in the league.. Too complacent, not clinical.

Milner/Henderson for me still not the right balance in midfield yet away from home we always go to it.

redalways

TIA Regular
I'm not bothered in the slightest. No injuries is a plus. We had chances and the pitch was rotten. All we need is 3 wins and we get out of the group no problem.
I don't think it's the result in itself, but the manner of the loss? Being the second-best team tonight is probably something many here would accept if it meant smashing Chelsea on the weekend, but being about equal at least, and losing out on a dodgy penalty?

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
We were robbed today and I am fuming.
We will win all our home games, because we always do, and Genk away at a minimum. That puts us through easily, probably top of the group.
I'm not bothered in the slightest. No injuries is a plus. We had chances and the pitch was rotten. All we need is 3 wins and we get out of the group no problem.
That's exactly where I am. In a vacuum, the result annoys and frustrates the hell out of me because I believe we were cheated. I know, they scored 2-0 so I sound like I am just sour grapes. We lost, I accept it. But it was dishonest and it was annoying as hell. What is the point of VAR?

All that said, we are going to be just fine. We played a really good match, just have to be more clinical. We created chances and work rate was beautiful.

wibseyred

I'm struggling to see how people think we were the better team. I'm not saying they were better. We huffed and puffed that's about it.

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
Would rather lose in this and the players get a kick up the ass early than in the league.. Too complacent, not clinical.

Milner/Henderson for me still not the right balance in midfield yet away from home we always go to it.
I love Milly but he at times seems to run for runnings sake and on a few occasions over committed which caused them to breakmthe press and get into dangerous positions.
However, our front 3 just kept making the wrong decisions when in promising positions, Bobby just didnt have his glasses on today

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
We were sloppy going forward and done by a dodgy penalty that the ref wanted to give all day, it is a bit like Umpires decision in cricket.

Anyhow we don’t win it without finishing second.

Status
Not open for further replies.