Pre-Match | Newcastle vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 38 | Sunday July 26th | 16:00 h | St James' Park

Incognito

The Normal One
Since @Alright Now had created a match thread and we know how that went, thought would test what happens when I do the same (when nothing's at stake). Ofcourse this game has all the makings of us being not focused enough, given the celebrations post the last game. So here's hoping Klopp puts out the likes of Taki, Shaqs and Jones from the beginning.

Alisson
Williams - Gomez - VVD - Milly
Shaqiri - Fabinho - Jones
Ox - Minamino - Divock

Glory2Anfield

What is surprising in the news, nobody talks about LFC doing the treble this season.

This is one of the best trebles ever.

Champions of England

Champions Supreme of Europe ( Super Cup via European Cup )

Champions of World, World Club Cup.

This treble is so unique and an incredible success, first you have to get into the champions league, then you have to win the European cup, this gets you to the Super Cup, then you have to beat the best teams in the world, for the World Cup.

Hendo may not be the greatest player in the world, but he did lead and captain this unbelievable achievement. For this he should be awarded the player of the year. No other player outside LFC has achieved this success this season.

KB of man city, is probably better then Hendo, and as a world class midfielder, he should provide many assist. KB is also a Captain and his outcome for the season falls well below Hendo.

I said a few years ago, LFC would do a treble in the near future, I did not think it would be this one.

The youngest most upcoming player should go to Trent, what a talent , he has an incredible skill set at such a young age. I would opine, that at an equivalent age, Trent has more Skill Sets then the great Gerard. That free kick goal against Chelsea , did you see how he curved the ball, but more importantly did you see how quickly it dipped down, the power and velocity of that dip down, it was unbelievable from a young kid. that kick was as good and if not better then any Messie free kick.

looking forward to a new season

Glory2Anfield

I would add further. Hendo captain the team to the European cup at the end of last season . This was no small thing. Team spirit was probably at a low point, after Real Madrid stole the cup. So the captain played a huge role in building and maintaining team spirit and mentality. This spirit could be seen against Barca. Hendo deserves player of the year award. Hendo has actually earned it . No one completed his assignment and duties better this season.

Sweeting

As I said after the Chelsea game I'd have sent all the regulars away on holiday now, they've won the title and had the celebration - they deserve to go off a little earlier, fly home if they need to etc. Unfortunately I don't think it's 100% possible because of injuries and Lovren's imminent sale.

Team I would go with is just a rotated XI who should be hungry to prove their worth.

Adrian
Williams Gomez vDijk Milner
Ox Lallana Jones
Shaqiri Minamino Origi

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
As I said after the Chelsea game I'd have sent all the regulars away on holiday now, they've won the title and had the celebration - they deserve to go off a little earlier, fly home if they need to etc. Unfortunately I don't think it's 100% possible because of injuries and Lovren's imminent sale.

Team I would go with is just a rotated XI who should be hungry to prove their worth.

Adrian
Ox Lallana Jones
Shaqiri Minamino Origi
Yep be great to see the youngsters.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...

Adrian
Ox Lallana Jones
Shaqiri Minamino Origi
Would like Salah to be given as long as it takes to hit 20 league goals for the PL season.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Don’t really care who starts. In fact, with only six weeks break until the season gets going again (And how bladdered some of them looked on Thursday), I’d be inclined do some serious resting.

I’d like Keita to start and keep building his momentum. Other than that Williams, Elliot and Jones please.

macca1970

FFS I thought the match was today on Saturday. I've got me beer ready, and came on here to peek at the lineups

D'oh

Mamadou.sakho

I'm not sure about new signing
But for the next match, Klopp should choose line-up with youngster in every department
One at the back, one in the middle, one upfront

nikz200

Ok automatically robertson is out lol

gonna be interesting to see who gets picked for this game, probably Salah and Mane to start because of the goal tallies for the season.

And i keep saying this in the hope it will manifest into existence, but maybe this is the game Jurgen decides to give Takumi the full 90 minute run out........

Neco Williams to get another game? Curtis? I certainly think Keita is due another game after his fantastic Chelsea performance.

Overall, absolutely nothing to worry about, just please don't get smashed by Newcastle and we will be ok. (y)

Redopium

Four of the boys don’t drink so I think they will start, be nice to see Minamino and Shaqiri start, Lallana is already gone.
hope we don’t break anymore codes. :D

richieh10

I’d go really left field with this ine

Lonergan
Williams Lovren VVD Millie
Jones Fab Elliott
Shaq Origi Ox

message before the game would be - right lads. We’re champions, you know what we got here. You got 90 mins to prove you belong / show what you got for next season.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
I’m the opposite

Those players who have played the most deserve to walk on the field as champions. It’s thier right, they’ve early it and should be enjoying every bloody second of it.

The break begins after the game warm down.

I understand the sentiment in rotating the squad, but not the final day of the season after we’ve just won it for the first time in 30 years.

redbj

I know they all talk about how it’s everyones trophy at the club, which is an awesome insight, and I doubt, say, Bobby would lose any sleep if he was sat, but, back to my point, he’s early that right to walk out there ......

rab

Not one for sentimentality in these things really. Lallana won't be involved and I wouldn't be giving games to anyone we might have thoughts of moving on so a place on the bench for Lovren, Shaqiri and Origi at most.

Alisson
TAA Gomez VvD Robbo
Gini Fab Naby
Mo Minamino Salah

Naby should start again as his first half against Chelsea was great and you want him full of confidence going into next season.

About time Minamino had a chance from the start alongside Mo and Mane. Bobby has so many miles in his legs over the last couple years I think there's a good chance we'll need Minamino to be up to speed for next season.

Williams, Jones and Elliott all to get 20-30 minutes at the end when we're 5-0 up.

redbj

Not one for sentimentality in these things really. Lallana won't be involved and I wouldn't be giving games to anyone we might have thoughts of moving on so a place on the bench for Lovren, Shaqiri and Origi at most.

Alisson
TAA Gomez VvD Robbo
Gini Fab Naby
Mo Minamino Salah

Naby should start again as his first half against Chelsea was great and you want him full of confidence going into next season.

About time Minamino had a chance from the start alongside Mo and Mane. Bobby has so many miles in his legs over the last couple years I think there's a good chance we'll need Minamino to be up to speed for next season.

Williams, Jones and Elliott all to get 20-30 minutes at the end when we're 5-0 up.
Not to be too dismissive, but you haven’t really applied a lot of thought into this, you need to cover all possibilities.....

What happens if we are only 4-0 up with 20 to go?

richieh10

Not to be too dismissive, but you haven’t really applied a lot of thought into this, you need to cover all possibilities.....

What happens if we are only 4-0 up with 20 to go?
klopp gets sacked and we go get Nigel Pearson whilst he is available