• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Pre-Match | Newcastle vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 38 | Sunday July 26th | 16:00 h | St James' Park

petergriffin2020

It's all for me grog
So THIS is what it feels like to be top of the Premier League table after the final game of the season!

What a year. Thinking of how many excellent teams we've had, but this one is the most consistent ever in a League campaign. Unbelievable. If you told me two years ago that in a 13 month stretch we'd win the Champions League, Super Cup, Club World Cup, and Premier League, I'd have laughed at you. Happy to be wrong.

Magnus

Feel sorry for Leicester but they have been poor since the restart
It can be rough to stop a downward trajectory and Leicester just couldn't., they just continued to spiral downwards A shame for them, but it is all down to their squad and management. Their squad is probably too thin to get Top 4 without some serious luck to be fair. But yeah, they can only blame themselves.

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
Well done lads, so proud of our boys this season. They had so many hindrances and uncertainties with this bloomin Coronavirus and talk about null and voiding the season. Not even the dreaded Covid-19 could stop our team, they did it after 30 years and plenty of games to spare.

Finally, we fans made it to the end of the season, we didn't drop off a cliff, we had up and down times, but we helped each other, carried each other and dragged each other to see the end. What more could we ask for. Our manager dragged us from being from 'doubters to believers'. Thank you Jurgen his staff and to the lads, you worked so hard to get that coveted EPL title. Now , enjoy your well deserved holiday.

Maria

Ad-free Member
So what happened with the relegation situation?

sportbilly1966

TIA New Signing
It can be rough to stop a downward trajectory and Leicester just couldn't., they just continued to spiral downwards A shame for them, but it is all down to their squad and management. Their squad is probably too thin to get Top 4 without some serious luck to be fair. But yeah, they can only blame themselves.
Brendan imo struggles to change his tactics effectively and seems teams have worked them out ....., had to edit it is 5 am here and I was up to watch the match live

petergriffin2020

It's all for me grog
Oh no, poor Bournemouth!
Yeah I have to say they are probably my favorite Premier League side after us (not saying I’m a closet Bournemouth supporter ;) just that I like it when they do well against anyone besides us). It may be time for Eddie Howe to move on but I think he has massively over achieved getting them into the league and keeping them around for five years. To think they finished ninth in 2017 is a remarkable achievement.

Maria

Ad-free Member
I just saw the sports news.

Of course Man Utd would get top 4. I am sure there is something dodgy going on. It doesn't look good, only the elite clubs are allowed European tournaments. :rolleyes: Heaven forbid, if Wolves, Sheffield Utd or Leicester got through,they are not trendy or have a big worldwide fanbase.:rolleyes::confused:

I can't understand how Leicester blew it, if they were 14 points ahead of an average Man Utd side at Christmas.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
I just saw the sports news.

Of course Man Utd would get top 4. I am sure there is something dodgy going on. It doesn't look good, only the elite clubs are allowed European tournaments. :rolleyes: Heaven forbid, if Wolves, Sheffield Utd or Leicester got through,they are not trendy or have a big worldwide fanbase.:rolleyes::confused:

To be fair Leciester only have themselves to blame