• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Pre-Match | Newcastle vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 38 | Sunday July 26th | 16:00 h | St James' Park

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Couldn't give much of a fuck about this one. Probably haven't felt this way since West Brom away in 15/16.

It's a nothing game. I'd play a cup team, a mixture of first teamers and squad players.

The regulars have already had their moment, time for a few auditions. Would love for Minamino to get a goal.

RodM

Just looking at today's fixtures ours is one of the most pointless out there - a dead rubber if ever there was one. If I was looking as a neutral I'd want to watch the Leicester vs United game. But I'm not so I'll be watching us with just one eye on the other scores.

I would like to see Leicester qualify for the CL as they were by far the best of the rest before the turn of the year and our win there is still my favourite game from this season. United may still qualify via the Europa so good luck with that one.

As for us, I would still like us to give this our best shot. Winning is a habit and we have certainly lost momentum since tying the title up. We probably won't have too much of a preseason so any games we do have need to count.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
I'd play

Adrian
Williams lovren hoever , forgot his name
Ox milner Jones
Shaqiri Minamino Origi

rab

Not to be too dismissive, but you haven’t really applied a lot of thought into this, you need to cover all possibilities.....

What happens if we are only 4-0 up with 20 to go?
Bring on Firmino. Go 5-0 up instantly. Bring on the kids.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
99 points would be a good effort. I see no advantage in playing the guys who will not be here next season.I would like to see Jones ,Williams and Elliot involved and maybe a few minutes for Clarkson. Hope not to see Origi, Shaquiri or Lovren but frankly I am pretty sure we will see them all.

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
This is the most important game of the season, well at least it will be until the next one. It's an absolutely must win game.

I say that more out of habit than absolute verity, but old habits die hard and this old faithful retainer of an introduction has given a good account of itself all season. And it would be nice if Mo could get his twentieth goal of the season. So, once more unto the breach, dear friends!

The ultimate game of this dramatic and wondrous season sees us visit steve "I ate all the pies" bruce and his misfiring conventicle of magpies, in what is probably the last time we play the barcodes before they get kitted out in their ceremonial thawbs and kufiyahs.

No doubt "Iaatp", on seeing that anthony "blue moon" taylor had been placed in charge, felt a thrill of ecstasy, as a man on the scaffold might feel when the messenger bounds in with what is perceived to be the reprieve.

Obviously the chances of decisions in our favour have receded somewhat with the appointment of "bluemoon", and it might be heavy going, but it will be too bad for "Iaatp" if the putative "reprieve" turns out to be the shopping list from hangman's misses.

Oh, well, such is Life.

Even though this game holds little of any import for us, the Mem and I have conducted our preparations in as normal a fashion as the pandemic permits. Despite the difficulties imposed by the lock down, the Mem has never been at a loss to furnish a ready supply of votive offerings. One finds it difficult in the present instance to over-praise Boudica's ready resource; had a great military strategist been present, I have no doubt he would be nodding in approval.

As for Lawro, our glorious success in the league will have prompted emotions in him that bite like a serpent and sting like an adder. However, years of conducting his weekly scandal-sheet, and numerous personal encounters with people having no cause to wish him well, will probably have schooled Lawro well. In this instance, with an exhibition of presence-of-mind in sudden emergencies, he has gone with the simple expedient of predicting a two nil win to us.

Many an eel has disappeared into the mud with less smoothness and celerity!

Hopefully his attempted kiss of death won't throw a spanner in the works and upset the apple-cart. :rolleyes:

I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win to us. :oops:

Herb

Newcastle have a really good record on the final day of the season. Won their last 5, last defeat was to us in 2014. Not expecting much from this game, might have a bit of a pre season friendly vibe about it. Entire front three is rested so not sure Klopp is overly bothered about it either tbh.

Alright Now

This is the most important game of the season, well at least it will be until the next one. It's an absolutely must win game.

I say that more out of habit than absolute verity, but old habits die hard and this old faithful retainer of an introduction has given a good account of itself all season. And it would be nice if Mo could get his twentieth goal of the season. So, once more unto the breach, dear friends!

The ultimate game of this dramatic and wondrous season sees us visit steve "I ate all the pies" bruce and his misfiring conventicle of magpies, in what is probably the last time we play the barcodes before they get kitted out in their ceremonial thawbs and kufiyahs.

No doubt "Iaatp", on seeing that anthony "blue moon" taylor had been placed in charge, felt a thrill of ecstasy, as a man on the scaffold might feel when the messenger bounds in with what is perceived to be the reprieve.

Obviously the chances of decisions in our favour have receded somewhat with the appointment of "bluemoon", and it might be heavy going, but it will be too bad for "Iaatp" if the putative "reprieve" turns out to be the shopping list from hangman's misses.

Oh, well, such is Life.

Even though this game holds little of any import for us, the Mem and I have conducted our preparations in as normal a fashion as the pandemic permits. Despite the difficulties imposed by the lock down, the Mem has never been at a loss to furnish a ready supply of votive offerings. One finds it difficult in the present instance to over-praise Boudica's ready resource; had a great military strategist been present, I have no doubt he would be nodding in approval.

As for Lawro, our glorious success in the league will have prompted emotions in him that bite like a serpent and sting like an adder. However, years of conducting his weekly scandal-sheet, and numerous personal encounters with people having no cause to wish him well, will probably have schooled Lawro well. In this instance, with an exhibition of presence-of-mind in sudden emergencies, he has gone with the simple expedient of predicting a two nil win to us.

Many an eel has disappeared into the mud with less smoothness and celerity!

Hopefully his attempted kiss of death won't throw a spanner in the works and upset the apple-cart. :rolleyes:

I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win to us. :oops:
These have been great, @Lowton_Red . Thoroughly enjoyed them. My regards to Boudica.

rab

Mental line up.

Really thought we'd seen the last of Ox in the front three. Feel sorry for Minamino getting a start down the middle but being flanked by Ox and Origi instead of Salah and Mane.

Can't imagine Salah being chuffed at that either.