Pre-Match: Norwich City(H) WED 4th Dec

Status
Not open for further replies.

nimitzz

TIA Reserve Team
time to BOUNCE back?
hopefully Allen, Sakho n Agger. More time for Alberto. Rest Gerrad, toure n johnson!

SirBillShankly

We live in a fallen world.
An absolute must win after the disaster today. Want to see character and aggression from the lads and see us bounce back in style.Wanna see DAgger and Sahko back in the side. Wanna see Stevie pushed up front, just behind Genius and Allen deserves a runout. Don't want Sterling anywhere near the first team, would prefer Aspas, Alberto and even Ibe to him, heck, after his performance today i would consider my mother ahead of him and she's 79 and rather overweight.

My team would be:

.............................................................Mignolet..............................
.......................Toure..............................DAgger...............................Sahko............
Johnson...........................................................................................................Flanagan
...............................................................Lucas...................................................
...............................Allen........................................Henderson.........................
.............................................................Gerrard.....................................................
..............................................................Genius......................................................

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Dublin_Kopite said:
Looking forward to players making up for today and everyone getting back behind the team again when we beat Norwich!

I'm fairly certain that's not a Shankly quote, more Marilyn Monroe than Bill Shankly.

Anyway, perfect game to bounce back. If Aspas is fit I'd like to see him in his natural position alongside Suarez, knock 433 on the head because we're shit at it.

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
ILLOK said:
Anyway, perfect game to bounce back. If Aspas is fit I'd like to see him in his natural position alongside Suarez, knock 433 on the head because we're shit at it.
Haha. So aptly put. I agree.

slufsar

We're much better at home than away and I'm fairly sure we'll get two straight wins.
Problem after todays result is that we need a win in one of the three difficult away games we've got or atleast a couple of draws.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
There are a couple of definite action points for Rodgers before Wednesday.

1. Decide on the centre back partnership and stick with it - whoever it is. If Rodgers doesn't fancy Agger then so be it. If he has changed his mind about Skrtel, then that's fine too - but don't play him on the left where he's frankly useless. I'd be happy if Rodgers said 'Ilori and Sakho are my lads and I'm playing them'. Whoever it is, let them form a partnership and develop together.

2. Lay down a marker that complacency and disrespect is absolutely not acceptable and any player who thinks they can stroll into a game against any opponent with the attitude on show today will be out of the door. That goes for a youngster or a 100 cap international.

I suspect the team will be unchanged, although I'd like to see Alberto come in for Moses. Coutinho depending on fitness.

Canuck33

Banned Users
Arminius said:
Just relieved I don't have to wait a week to wash this taste out of my mouth.
I actually washed it out by spending the afternoon at the pub. And on top of that, I'm working and there is no broadcast on Wednesday anyway. I have never looked so much forward to NOT watching a game as I do right now.

Walter Sobchak

SirBillShankly said:
An absolute must win after the disaster today. Want to see character and aggression from the lads and see us bounce back in style.Wanna see DAgger and Sahko back in the side. Wanna see Stevie pushed up front, just behind Genius and Allen deserves a runout. Don't want Sterling anywhere near the first team, would prefer Aspas, Alberto and even Ibe to him, heck, after his performance today i would consider my mother ahead of him and she's 79 and rather overweight.
:)

For heavens sake no. I don't wanna see that. Someone tell BR to ditch Sterling please!

Yes, let's get some attitude and willingness to bleed for the team. Thank goodness next game comes soon.

Canuck33

Banned Users
Dublin_Kopite said:
Looking forward to players making up for today and everyone getting back behind the team again when we beat Norwich!

Unfortunately, on here it is usually:

If you criticize us when we lose or draw then don't celebrate when we win!

Bleeding Red

TIA Squad Member
If there's a good time to lose a game and put in an abysmal performance, it's probably when you've got another one coming up 72 hours later. Get it out of the system quickly and move on hopefully. Either way, we simply must win, and hopefully we'll get a performance. Just pray that today's game wasn't a sign of things to come over the next 8 weeks without Sturridge. It's also imperative that Coutinho is fit, and thathe plays the number 10 role. He's the only one with sufficient quality to link up with Suarez in Sturridge's absence, simple as that. Lose Couts for any amount of time over the coming weeks as well as Sturridge, and we really are staring down the shitter.

It's time to give Alberto or Aspas a run in the team as well. Whatever happens, they cannot possibly offer any less than Moses and Sterling did today, and just about anything counts as an upgrade. It may be worth sticking with two up top and actually seeing what Aspas can do up there rather than out wide. He hasn't had a chance to play there yet with the SAS firing on all cylinders, but Sturridge's injury means he will not get a better chance to stake his own claim. If Coutinho is unfit, give Alberto a run out as an ACM. I'd go for a midfield diamond, and get Sakho or Agger back in (which one I don't really mind, just as long as we don't see Toure and Skyrtl together again and whatever Brendan picks he jsut sticks with and commits to for a while), something like...

Mignolet
Johnson Agger/Sakho Skyrtl Flanagan
Lucas
Gerrard Henderson
Alberto/Coutinho
Aspas Suarez

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Rodgers said Toure picked up a knock today so we'll see if he's available for this game. I'd bring back Agger for this one.

Drop Henderson, give either Allen or Alberto a start.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Sakho/Agger - desperately want to see this happen don't really care for "you can't play too left sided cbs"

Would definitely drop Henderson - football is more than just running. Get Alberto in there, lad looks like a class act. At home, against Norwich, he'll shine.

Canuck33

Banned Users
SoueysTash said:
Sakho/Agger - desperately want to see this happen don't really care for "you can't play too left sided cbs"

Would definitely drop Henderson - football is more than just running. Get Alberto in there, lad looks like a class act. At home, against Norwich, he'll shine.
Yep! That's it for me as well. Let's see what Agger and Sakho can offer together. Can't be any worse that what we've seen the last couple of games. Henderson needs a time out. Looks like all that clueless running about is shaking his brain too much. That is if there was any in the first place.

yiannos33

Believe
We need to bounce back this game.
Agger needs to start if he's fit. There is no logic making him a vice-captain
Just to bench him. Sterling and Moses together were frustrating to watch yesterday
Hopefully we can bring in Aspas or Alberto.
Win the next 2 games and will be back on track.

NZred

The Red From NZ
Yeah...a game we SHOULD win. So we will likely lose.

Matt

Poor Scouser Tommy
Admin
Dublin_Kopite said:

Hasn't that "quote" been founded to be not Shankly. And anyway it's bollocks either way, people discussing the team's negatives does not constitute to not supporting the team.

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
I ,like others have voiced, am keen to see a first choice pairing of centre backs and get it right for the big games against City, Chelsea and Spurs. All this chopping and changing at the back isn't helping one bit.

I would go Sktrel/Sahko.

In midfield I would be inclined to give Henderson a rest. He's a limited footballer so lets keep his fine tune running for the bigger games we're we'll need his high energy. against Norwich we're looking for control and building attacks with the right passes at the right time so Allen or Alberto should get a shout ahead of him.

Moses and Sterling didn't stretch any defence and never opened up much space for Luis. So that tactic failed miserably. I don't want to see players crucified for one game and considering they haven't been regulars its tough to turn on the style straight away but I don't think they deserve to start against Nowich.

Maybe 4-3-3 with this team would be decent,

Mignolet
Johnson Sktrel Sahko Flanagan
Gerrard Lucas Allen
Alberto Coutinho
Suarez

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Hope Suarez gets his usual goal glut against Norwich... Would it be to much to ask for a clean sheet, a repeat of the West Brom performance a Few weeks back will do.

jhr8

Mignolet

Johnson Agger Sakho Flanagan

Lucas
Gerrard Allen

Alberto Coutinho
Suarez

brush85

Play both Agger and Sakho..use one of them at left back. Flanagan always having to cut back to his right foot slows everything down and seen as he won't offer much going forward, we might as well use Agger or Sakho who will be good defensively and at least be comfortably left sided when we are in possession.

Not to knock him or anything..he wasn't bad yesterday.

After that, Coutinho ofcourse for Sterling.

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Play Aspas in this one. What we lacked last night is alot of intelligent movements off each other in the attacking third, that is why Sturridge is so important. Aspas may not have shown his scoring prowess yet but he has shown that he moves intelligently around the final third.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Matt said:
Hasn't that "quote" been founded to be not Shankly. And anyway it's bollocks either way, people discussing the team's negatives does not constitute to not supporting the team.
Yep. Made up by some lag on Rawk, fat scouser when rafa was here I think it was

Become one of those fiction quotes aimed at squashing dissent after awful displays or bad runs

Should win the next game. If we don't there is something badly wrong. But when was the last time we won 4 in a row?

charleslee89

TIA New Signing
i think suarez needs a strike partner for him to feed off....any of the 451 nonsense with sterling and moses as wingers and skrtel at LCB, I think everybody knows where the game is going...

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
RichLFC said:
Yep. Made up by some lag on Rawk, fat scouser when rafa was here I think it was

Become one of those fiction quotes aimed at squashing dissent after awful displays or bad runs

Should win the next game. If we don't there is something badly wrong. But when was the last time we won 4 in a row?
Was actually thinking back to 2006 when we won 11 on the bounce, think we kept clean sheets in all if not most, that was the last time we went on a winning run worthy of mention.

How we could do with that now. Although these days four on the spin is an achievement of sorts. I would take two wins now and take it from there but we badly need a run of form.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Zoran said:
Rodgers said Toure picked up a knock today so we'll see if he's available for this game. I'd bring back Agger for this one.

Drop Henderson, give either Allen or Alberto a start.
Since Rodgers is in the mood of experimenting the back line, I think he should go ahead and try out Sakho + Agger combo next? ;)

As for midfield, I think Henderson's running around like headless chicken need to be managed, and needed a partner too, to do it. That would probably make him look more effective. In that case I would go with Allen + Henderson to do the run around. Lucas plays in midfield. The goal for these 3 boys is to get the ball to Steven Gerrard.

Up top, put Gerrard there with Aspas to support Suarez. We don't have much creativity, and that is if Coutinho not fit. If Coutinho is fit, play him with Gerrard to support our lone striker. At least we have 2 who could thread the ball through an eye of a needle or not afraid take a shot from outside the box to test the keeper. That should also keep their defenders occupied.

Flanagan not doing too badly, so leave him in right back instead of left, and move Johnson to left. He did alright at left back last season, so why not try him.

Rooster

What a hit son
How many times do I have to call for Sakho in a pre match. Gotta happen sometime maybe Norwich.

It also has to be Aspas with Luis to give him every chance.

Normally after a post match thread grilling we respond.

2-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.