• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre-Match | Norwich vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 26 | Saturday February 15th 17:30h | Carrow Road

Status
Not open for further replies.

7th Earl

Are you out of the prediction business (and justifiably so)?
Sporadic incorrect predictions only this season seem to have worked wonders for the team.

I'm going with 3-1 Norwich.

Gona miss this one and Atletico as gona be on hols in Egypt. Hoping the Salah effect means I might find somewhere screening the match(es)...

-The Analyst-

Found this quite interesting:

Liverpool's most-played players this season makes up this 11;

Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Salah, Mane, Firmino

Makes sense, right? Probably the best 11 we have.

However, despite our record-breaking season, those 11 players have yet to start a single Premier League game togheter.

RodM

Bad storm predicted to hit around KO time. If it does, and the Met Office seem pretty confident about it, then it could be a leveller.
Just checked the BBC weather site and it is showing gusts of up to 53mph. I'm not sure if that would cause a postponement but it may result in something that resembles Scottish Rules Football. Not good for our precision passing game but Robbo should feel at home.

Flobs

FADA
Just checked the BBC weather site and it is showing gusts of up to 53mph. I'm not sure if that would cause a postponement but it may result in something that resembles Scottish Rules Football. Not good for our precision passing game but Robbo should feel at home.
Might be an advantage. It might make us play fewer long 'gamble' balls which i feel isn't very productive (particularly against the deep defensive lines we tend to play against). Then again it is in England and the English rugby team kick a lot more when it's windy.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
The weather might be a leveller but Norwich are probably the first team you want to play if that's the case. High (relative to other sides in this division) line, poor at the back, try to knock it around, not at all physical.

The weather was terrible at Anfield when we beat Watford 2-0 and they made really good use of the conditions. Norwich shouldn't be a problem.

Red over the water

The weather, if bad, will close the quality gap a bit. But this Liverpool team has shown time and time again that we can win in all conditions against all comers. Short ball, long ball, press them, early goal, late goal, spree of goals... doesn't matter. If they have a go at us so much the better. We will exploit the added space. If they try to rough us up a bit (not that Norwich play like that) again... doesn't matter. We'll give some back, and our quality will tell.

I'm getting a bit worried actually, as we just keep winning game after game after game. If the day should come that we actually lose one, it will make headline news.

iftikhar

I can browse the forum and the website from mobile. But I can't find the menu bar in my laptop, any idea?

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
The forecast on the beeb is currently predicting gusts of 60+mph throughout the match. Not good, but is that strong enough to justify a postponement?

Commando

Ad-free Member
Its the travel usually and danger outside the stadium. City called theirs off with similar.
Yes, Citoil's game was called off due to the metro not running and closures of some parts of local motorways. Wishing those attending safe journeys there and back.

COYR YNWA

Last edited:

MrRinsin

TIA Regular
Be fucked right off if the game is called off, waited far too long for proper football, bit of wind, meh, play on and let's hope it gives us our 7-0 we've all been waiting for as opposed to causing issues for us. Want to see Delia squirming in her seat as we take them to the cleaners, it's time for a multi-goal hero! Mane straight back into the team, Fab too and I'd rest Widj and give Naby a go at this weak defence.

Ali
TAA Gomez Our Number 4 Robbo
Fab
Hendo Keita
Salah Bobby Dazzler Mane

jaffod

Everyone knows Storm Dennis is going to hit the UK on Saturday. The sensible thing to do, is to postpone all the games and do it tomorrow before fans start to travel. Travel conditions are going to be atrocious.
Travelled there in a 950cc Fiesta in 1989. Possibly the scariest journey of my life as we had to do the last 50 miles or so on some A road with very little time to spare. It's a horrendous journey by car and as you say the best thing to do would be call it off early if it looks like being affected by the weather.

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
back to business!
football returns - unless there is to be a postponement!
I'll forego predicting the team, but have included a video from someone who has predicted the line up!

on a side note; I have family who live near Norwich, they all support Liverpool!!!

must get Crouch up to speed for the match!!!

In Klopp we trust!!!

RodM

Travelled there in a 950cc Fiesta in 1989. Possibly the scariest journey of my life as we had to do the last 50 miles or so on some A road with very little time to spare. It's a horrendous journey by car and as you say the best thing to do would be call it off early if it looks like being affected by the weather.
The 950cc Fiesta was more of a powered roller-skate than an actual car, although I can remember going to an away game in my uncle's Mini Metro which was a crime against humanity.

Norfolk is lovely, though. We rented a cottage there a few years back and toured around the coast whilst suffering from weapons-grade hayfever. Norwich itself is quite interesting - the cathedral is worth a visit. However, I don't think I have seen so many blind-drunk people in the middle of a weekday morning. I'm assuming that there isn't that much to do if you aren't that bothered with the architecture.

Anyway, if the game is on I suspect it will be a case of straight in, straight out and creep home in one piece. The forecast (and warning) hasn't changed since yesterday. I think the City game was called off after an amber warning. My flight from Manchester Airport was cancelled at the same time for the same reason.

Red Armada

TIA Regular
Obviously safety comes first. Postponing seems like the smart thing to do.
Unfortunately, that would mean that we'd face Atletico without a competitive match since the 1st of February which is far from ideal.

Last edited:

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Looking at the forecast it's nowhere near as bad as last weekend and that part of the world is predicted to be one of the least affected areas. The weather in and around Sheffield last Sunday was terrible but they went ahead with the Bournemouth game. Pretty decent match in the end. I don't think it's inevitable it'll be called off and would assume the club want to get this one out of the way. Even though we know how much JK hates the wind. Looking forward to his presser later (11am).

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Agree with the lads on TAW that this could be a draw.
This is Norwichs last home game Vs a big team, its a Saturday night and they will give everything - plus we havent played for 2 weeks.
That said this team never ceases to amaze me so Im going ...
0-2

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Klopp presser. Milner and Mane are back. Shaqiri still out (!). No decision made on Mo and the Olympics although he is obviously not keen on him taking part.

Assuming this goes ahead it should be a good game. Norwich have stuck to their principles of open, attacking football since day one, which was against us. It's probably going to take them down which is a shame as I enjoy watching them play. The weather might be a leveller and make it less of a predictable outcome than it might otherwise have been but it's not as if Norwich play hoofball so it'll affect them as much as it will affect us. Obviously there will be an eye on the CL game here although I can see us at least starting with the team we think we might play against Atletico given how long it's been since we last played at all. Fab, Henderson and Gini in midfield. Usual back 4, usual front 3. With a more or less full squad the bench should look impressive and someone notable is going to have to sit this one out completely. They beat City and cause every team they play some problems but wind or no wind we are miles better and should win this easily.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Norwich are a good side going forward. Their defence is non existent.
This will be an end to end game and we may be tested more than we like.
Team:
...................Alisson..............
TAA...Gomez..VVD....Robbo
....Wini.......Fab.....Hendo...
Salah.......Bobby......Ox...

Status
Not open for further replies.