• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

PRE Match: Norwich vs Liverpool (PL: Sat, 29.09.12; 15:00 GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bambii

TIA Reserve Team
We're coming in to this after two great performances. One in which we unfairly loss to Man Utd , the other where our youth defeated West Brom. Wisdom , Coates , Robinson , Suso , Sahin , Assaidi have all done well enough to earn themselves a spot in the first 11. Norwich have struggled badly. Last game we played them we had a bit of magic from Luis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNeArcMrclI

Hopefully we will get our first win of the premier league season and the first of many.
I can see Brendan playing this

-------------------------Reina---------------------------
Johnson----Skrtel------Coates/Carra-----Robinson
---------------Allen----Gerrard----Sahin-----------
Sterling----------------Suarez------------------Assaidi

Mada

TIA 2nd Team
That line-up looks good to me. I'd love to see that left side with Addaidi running that line.

For years we have wanted pacey wingers. Now we have two and they should prove a challenge for Norwich's back line.

Can't wait to see this one.

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
Feeling quite optimistic I don't know whats coming over me, It feels like things are starting to click so I am hopeful for the win! Would love another master class from Luis!

I can't resist posting this video as it cracks me up every time I see it!
http://youtu.be/Bm9Dx3F9-nc

LFC7NH

We're coming in to this after two great performances. One in which we unfairly loss to Man Utd , the other where our youth defeated West Brom. Wisdom , Coates , Robinson , Suso , Sahin , Assaidi have all done well enough to earn themselves a spot in the first 11. Norwich have struggled badly. Last game we played them we had a bit of magic from Luis.
Three games! Don't forget the 5-3 thriller from our reserves over YB! :)

Anyways I'd have to say I agree with Matt's team above, expect to see that Saturday.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
I think it should be Robbo over Wisdom, mainly cos I think Johnson is better from the right. Also, Wisdom was a bit naive last night, Robbo looked much more the part.

Other than that - what Matt said.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I disagree on Sahin. I don't think he has the fitness yet to play two games in four days.

My line up

----------------Reina--------------------
Johnson Skrtel Coates Robinson
-----------------Allen--------------------
---------Gerrard---Suso--------------
--Sterling---Suarez---Assaidi------

Robinson should get the nod over Enrique (who I think is carrying a knock anyway), and although I've played Sterling I'm worried about the expectation already being put on his young shoulders, and I'm worried about burning him out.

Suso has been fantastic in the last three games and deserves a start.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
It is positively bizarre how much deeper the squad feels than this time yesterday. Having a hard time settling on the bench in particular.

Sahin was brilliant yesterday, but 2 games in 4 days is neither wise nor necessary. Probably fine to have him available as a substitute though.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
I think it should be Robbo over Wisdom, mainly cos I think Johnson is better from the right. Also, Wisdom was a bit naive last night, Robbo looked much more the part.

Other than that - what Matt said.
Having thought about it, I agree with this. My initial thoughts were to agree with Matt on his line up with Glenda at LB, however if Robinson is fit enough to be at LB I'd like to see him there again. Glenda is better going up on the right thatn Wisdom.

All that said, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Enrique start...

RedSeven

On the one road
---------Allen--------- Sahin-----------
---------------Gerrard------------------
----Suarez----Morgan----Assaidi----

I'd put Sahin in for the first half at least and if he tires replace him with Henderson.
Suso,Pacheco and Sterling as back up for the forwards.
Wisdom,Carra and jones for defense/GK.

---------Allen--------- Sahin-----------
---------------Gerrard------------------
----Suarez----Morgan----Assaidi----

I'd put Sahin in for the first half at least and if he tires replace him with Henderson.
Suso,Pacheco and Sterling as back up for the forwards.
Wisdom,Carra and jones for defense/GK.
Why would you start Morgan over Sterling?

Also does anyone know if Enrique is fit?

RedSeven

On the one road

Really just to give him a bit of a break so he can be used for tougher matches,no disrespect to Norwich.Suarez for me is not a centre forward and would be better used as a wide forward thus bringing in Morgan for the striker position,giving him some extra experience coupled with the fact our only fit strikers/CF,s are the young lads.So i think this week we may have a chance of playing either him or Yesil in that role while hopefully still getting a win.

Never Say Never

FSG are the iluminati
It's hard to justify the players from last night not playing after that performance against a team that smoked us.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I think Gerrard is the issue with why the system isn't working as well with the first team. I'm not saying that we should drop him, but you can see the midfield deferring to him a bit and him wanting everything played through himself. Rodgers system is a bit more selfless and less individualistic where players are more cogs in the machine.

Never Say Never

FSG are the iluminati

To prevent burnout. We can't forget how young he is - not even 18 - and how he's got a LONG career in front of him. Look at Owen and Wilshere with all of their injury problems.

RedSeven

On the one road
It's hard to justify the players from last night not playing after that performance against a team that smoked us.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I think Gerrard is the issue with why the system isn't working as well with the first team. I'm not saying that we should drop him, but you can see the midfield deferring to him a bit and him wanting everything played through himself. Rodgers system is a bit more selfless and less individualistic where players are more cogs in the machine.
I think the problem is the same one we had last season and that is that we are not taking our opportunities in front of goal of which there have been many.We deserved to beat city,utd and sunderland in the league.We created the chances,we just didn't put them away.
I understand what u mean about other players deferring to him but they done the same thing a fair bit last night with Sahin.Maybe it's up to the other players not to have an overreliance on Stevie and Luis and take some responsibility on themselves.If that where to happen we may also find we start scoring more goals.

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
I disagree on Sahin. I don't think he has the fitness yet to play two games in four days.

My line up

Robinson should get the nod over Enrique (who I think is carrying a knock anyway), and although I've played Sterling I'm worried about the expectation already being put on his young shoulders, and I'm worried about burning him out.

I think Sahin will start and play about an hour with Suso coming in for him as an impact sub.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member

My line up

This!!!! Agree with everything in this post. 60th minute if not earlier Sterling off for a break Suso move to right wing and Sahin on in centre.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin

My line up

I agree with this line-up and the remarks going with it, bar maybe Assaidi's inclusion. If Sahin isn't fit yet for two matches in three days, then it may well be that Assaidi isn't as well. He got a knock recently, so we'll see if he can be lined up or not. My take would be that he'll be on the bench for an impact role (like Sahin), and that Borini, if fit, will hold his place. If Borini isn't, and Assaidi isn't fit enough, it's maybe Pacheco we will see on that left side... I'd be perfectly comfortable with him being played there...

Dhoff3

TIA Squad Member
As many stated above:
[background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]----------------Reina--------------------[/background]
[background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]Johnson Skrtel Coates Robinson[/background]
[background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]-----------------Allen--------------------[/background]
[background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]---------Gerrard---Suso--------------[/background]
[background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]--Sterling---Suarez---Assaidi------[/background]

[background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]I did read that Rogers said Agger would start this match and Borini 50/50.[/background]
[background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]I say give Borini a rest, also I'm fine with Agger having a rest as Coates has looked great. I do think he'll go Suso to start over Sahin simply because he seemed to rest Suso yesterday in a game I otherwise would have expected him to start. So I think he intends to go with Suso rather then Sahin, twice in 4 days. Sahin to come on later though. [/background]

[background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]I'm happy either way, Suso has the makings of a good creative impact sub. Also, that front three should be tricky and exciting. [/background]

LuisSuarez

TIA Reserve Team
Oh does it pay to be a manager. It's going to come down to either Suso or Sahin playing. I think Suso will start due to him only playing for 15 minutes last night.

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
How come everyone has Assaidi starting on Saturday? He has only just completed his first 90 minutes on Wednesday so I don't think its a good idea to start him so soon. Same goes for Sahin though if we Borini can't start than one of those two will start against Norwich.

.......................................Reina.......................................

Johnson............Skrtel................Agger/Coates...Enrique

.........................Gerrard.............Allen............................

....Suso...........................Sahin...................Sterling.......

.......................................Suarez....................................

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Ad-free Member
[font=courier new']Pacheco - [sup]Suárez[/sup] - Sterling[/font]

[font=courier new']Suso - [sup]Gerrard[/sup][/font]
[font=courier new']Allen[/font]

[font=courier new']Robinson - - [sub]Coates - Skrtel[/sub] - - Johnson[/font]
[font=courier new']Reina[/font]

Bench: [font=courier new']Jones, Wisdom, Wilson, Henderson, Assaidi, Åžahin, YeÅŸil.[/font]

[font=courier new']Sahin[/font] --> [font=courier new']Suso[/font]
[font=courier new']Assaidi[/font] --> [font=courier new']Pacheco[/font]

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
With henderson recent good form as a deep lying CM

Hendo---------Allen
-------Gerrard
Suso------Suarez
-------Morgan

ptt

2020, head of the table.
In the space of a few weeks our bench has gone from: