• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

PRE Match: Norwich vs Liverpool (PL: Sat, 29.09.12; 15:00 GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mappen1977

TIA Reserve Team
Only hope we have no more regrets,bad decision, hard luck issues. Getting sick of them. Feels like our luck dried up a good few seasons ago and I am hoping for a change in fortunes too.

mpoletti

Bearded Rumour Mill Regista
Reina Wisdom Skrtel Agger Johnson Gerrard Allen Sahin Sterling Suarez Suso

D.hughes

TIA Youth Team
strong words from BR regarding the future of downing and enrique! both left out of squad tomorrow aswell!!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/09/29/stewart-downing-and-jose-enrique-told-to-fight-to-stay-at-liverpool-fc-or-be-sold-in-january-100252-31929755/

LFC provisional squad vs Norwich ;- Reina, Johnson, Wisdom, Agger, Skrtel, Carragher, Robinson, Gerrard, Allen, Sahin, Borini,
Sterling, Suarez, Jones, Coates, Assaidi, Henderson, Suso, Yesil.

TheKaiser

Banned Users
strong words from BR regarding the future of downing and enrique! both left out of squad tomorrow aswell!!

http://www.liverpool...00252-31929755/

LFC provisional squad vs Norwich ;- Reina, Johnson, Wisdom, Agger, Skrtel, Carragher, Robinson, Gerrard, Allen, Sahin, Borini,
Interesting quote from that story:
“I assess it every day because I am on the field. I am not sat in an office, out playing golf two or three times a week and then turning up on a Friday, jumping on the coach and then picking the team.

Pointed comment?

basil1492

TIA Squad Member

http://www.liverpool...00252-31929755/

Good article and BR has only said what a few of us have thought, especially about Downing. Watching the game midweek i noticed that at one point the ball got away from him near the touchline, instead of running to get it he just watched it go out. There was a player behind him but he could have got to it. I just don't think his heart is in it at Liverpool and wouldn't be sorry if he does leave this January. Enrique, well, if he can get to early last seasons form then he's worth keeping, to me it seems like he's trying, just making bad decisions. This is totally different to not being bothered though.

tooloom

TIA Youth Team
What happened to the orange vest/ green vest predictions we were getting before the great post crash of '12?

YNWA

daddydave

TIA Youth Team
Suso is not a central striker. That'd be worse than putting pacheco up top, which didn't work against Young Boys.
I disagree, I don't quite think that Rodgers wants a central striker in this position otherwise he would have had borini or even Carroll there from day one and not Saurez. He is looking for a player to drop deeper, link play, and create as well as scoring, or even be able to shift positions with wider players when needed. Haven't seen anything that would make me doubt suso for this role.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
What happened to the orange vest/ green vest predictions we were getting before the great post crash of '12?
They became self aware. TIA's forum was pulled to remove all evidence of time traveling killer robots ;)

TTorroro

TIA Youth Team
I'd love to see Assaidi start alongside Suarez. After watching his display against WBA, he should do well against Norwich unless they run their players through a dissertation on Assaidi last minute. Hah. I think Suarez will appreciate another player with so much ability on the ball and will thrive with the options available and hence space afforded to him. Maybe we can finally see more goals from our No7.

If fitness is a problem, will like Suso to be given a chance. Technically gifted lad , also a threat on the ball, something which will help us overload defence and carve out space.

Doubt Enrique will start . Whilst wisdom has great potential it might be too soon to start him in league games as some of his play come across as rough round the edge. Likely Johnson and robbo.

Midfield three is almost self picked with Stevie n Allen . Third berth hope to see sahin although I think his masterful dominant display against wba might be curtailed simply because of the more senior players in the side. Hence I'd like to see how he play with the first team and if he is indeed more up to speed with his game.

Hoping for a good match in terms of level of our football and how we control the game. A complementary result will be rightfully ours this time, fingers crossed.

mpoletti

Bearded Rumour Mill Regista

YNWA
There weren't as many injuries nor games. The bib theory is still there, but Agger did not even train the day of pictures (yesterday).

InFrontOfTheKop

I disagree on Sahin. I don't think he has the fitness yet to play two games in four days.

My line up

----------------Reina--------------------
Johnson Skrtel Coates Robinson
-----------------Allen--------------------
---------Gerrard---Suso--------------
--Sterling---Suarez---Assaidi------

Robinson should get the nod over Enrique (who I think is carrying a knock anyway), and although I've played Sterling I'm worried about the expectation already being put on his young shoulders, and I'm worried about burning him out.

Suso has been fantastic in the last three games and deserves a start.
This.

I'm in complete agreement with you about Suso. He was everything behind that second goal against WBA. Sahin won't be ready for tomorrow, and with Shelvey suspended, I'd go with him. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rodgers start Hendo though alongside Gerrard and Allen.

OhYaBeauty

I disagree, I don't quite think that Rodgers wants a central striker in this position otherwise he would have had borini or even Carroll there from day one and not Saurez. He is looking for a player to drop deeper, link play, and create as well as scoring, or even be able to shift positions with wider players when needed. Haven't seen anything that would make me doubt suso for this role.
There's a difference between playing someone who is a striker that many people think is better elsewhere and a player who has never been a striker and has never started a Premier League game. Personally, I think its a stretch to play Suso as a wide forward at the PL level. He can do a job there, but he's much better as an attacking midfielder. Putting him as a striker removes him from the space that he craves in the hole behind the striker. Which makes him a bit useless, really.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
There's a difference between playing someone who is a striker that many people think is better elsewhere and a player who has never been a striker and has never started a Premier League game. Personally, I think its a stretch to play Suso as a wide forward at the PL level. He can do a job there, but he's much better as an attacking midfielder. Putting him as a striker removes him from the space that he craves in the hole behind the striker. Which makes him a bit useless, really.
We haven't seen much of Suso yet, but from what we have seen, he is lethal once he is allowed to dribble. Playing him as a forward puts the key test on his ability to turn and then acquire momentum - maybe he can do that. Playing him as an AM allows him to receive the ball in space and begin moving - it took him less than 10 minutes to manufacture a winning goal doing that.

1dragon

TIA Regular
I will go with this lineup:

Reina​
Wisdom-Skrtel-Coates-Johnson​
Allen​
Gerrard-Suso​
Sterling-Suarez-Assaidi​

Subs: Robinson for Wisdom if we need more width and Holt has been subbed.
Sahin for Suso due to fitness.
Yesil for either wide player if we need a poacher.

Reason for not starting Robinson is more of a tactical one. Holt is likely to be Norwich's main threat. With our starting XI relatively short, we need some height in defence to deal with set pieces. We won't want to be handicapped from the start and fall behind against the run of play again. Suso and Sahin can interchange, not too bothered about either, but Sahin offers the extra bit of experience, box-box role and set piece taking skills. If Suso were to start, then we will need Gerrard to make late runs into the box to finish off chances from crosses. Please, give Borini a break and allow Assaidi to show what he can do against the Norwich defenders. Pace is an issue with Norwich so I expect Assaidi and Sterling to get plenty of joy down the flanks.

Colorado Red

TIA New Signing
I will go with this lineup:

Reina​
Wisdom-Skrtel-Coates-Johnson​
Allen​
Gerrard-Suso​
Sterling-Suarez-Assaidi​

Subs: Robinson for Wisdom if we need more width and Holt has been subbed.
Sahin for Suso due to fitness.
Yesil for either wide player if we need a poacher.

Reason for not starting Robinson is more of a tactical one. Holt is likely to be Norwich's main threat. With our starting XI relatively short, we need some height in defence to deal with set pieces. We won't want to be handicapped from the start and fall behind against the run of play again. Suso and Sahin can interchange, not too bothered about either, but Sahin offers the extra bit of experience, box-box role and set piece taking skills. If Suso were to start, then we will need Gerrard to make late runs into the box to finish off chances from crosses. Please, give Borini a break and allow Assaidi to show what he can do against the Norwich defenders. Pace is an issue with Norwich so I expect Assaidi and Sterling to get plenty of joy down the flanks.

Hmm, I like this lineup quite a bit. If that front 6 can click together, defenders will be wetting their pants.

boston red

Show me the Mane.
I had a God awful dream last night where the game ended 2-2 ..Swear..Don't see though,
Not to worry I was wearing a nicotine patch ;)

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
We better fucking win today. No more of this good performance shit as great as that is. Today I want results!

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
I can't see today being a walk in the park but if we play like we have been doing, we should get that vital first win

jayrrardno8

TIA Reserve Team
...............................................Riena

..Wisdom.................Skrtel..............Coates (Agger)............Johnson

...............................................Allen

................................Gerrard.............Sahin

................Sterling................Suarez................Assaidi

Subs (Jones , Suso , Carra , Robinson , Yesil , Henderson , Pacheco. Morgan)

WrinkledMind

Living A Life Consumed By Slow Decay.
Sahin (on his own admission) and Assaidi are struggling with match fitness.
Would have Henderson in the holding role, with Allen as the playmaker and Steven in the AM.
Suso has done enough to get a starting berth in the front 3, but I imagine BR will stick with his fixed three now that Borini has recovered.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
There is a thread for this in the Albert, and if you hang around the in-match, people usually share links.

I hate streaming these days, it's become about 10 times harder and there is so much shit to navigate.

A mate was telling me you can get streams on loads of betting websites, and all you have to do is open an online account. Can anyone vouch for this?

Barnestormer

Left wing.
There is a thread for this in the Albert, and if you hang around the in-match, people usually share links.

I hate streaming these days, it's become about 10 times harder and there is so much shit to navigate.

A mate was telling me you can get streams on loads of betting websites, and all you have to do is open an online account. Can anyone vouch for this?
Its Bet365 mainly, they always offer the top link with best speed but then you are directed to register. I've noticed some other tinpot bookies are starting to offer this. But cannot say how it works when logged on - I bet, oops excuse the pun, its a nightmare of advertising, cookies and intrusive pop-ups offering you down to the minute odds.

Anyway really hoping and suspecting we might bag a win today, 1-0 or 2-1.

tooloom

TIA Youth Team
Anyone know of where i could find a decent stream online?
Wait until 10 mins before kickoff

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/

Bookmark/favorite it. It's the same every match
Scroll down to find Norwich vs Liverpool

http://livetv.ru/en/
also has many links BY KICKOFF TIME
many of which are HQ Sopcasts and some of which are in English

YNWA

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
Am I the only one being overly nervous about this game? For the first time this season I feel like there's something to lose, and I don't like it. I've had such a nice buzz after our performance against West Brom, and this place will go into metdown mode if we don't win today.

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
Sahin (on his own admission) and Assaidi are struggling with match fitness.
Would have Henderson in the holding role, with Allen as the playmaker and Steven in the AM.
Suso has done enough to get a starting berth in the front 3, but I imagine BR will stick with his fixed three now that Borini has recovered.

That that would be a mistake I think. He has shown Borini far too much confidence in and has gotten nothing for it, its time to drop him to the bench and let someone else have a go. The Italian isn't a bad player but the longer it takes him to get a goal the more the fans will get frustrated with him then he'll really be under pressure. I am sure that I am not the only one that is losing a bit of faith in Borini already so I think its best if he takes the pressure off him for a while and let others have a go. In time Fabio should come good perhaps some time on the bench is just what he needs.

Sahin should definitely start and can come off when he gets tired then Hendo will get a chance to show what he can do under Rodgers. Questions are:

For CB: Agger or Coates or Carragher?
For LB: Robinson or Enrique or Wisdom(at RB with Glen at LB)?
For CM: Sahin or Suso or Henderson(longshot)?
For a spot on the front 3: Assaidi or Suso or Borini?

The rest picks itself.

Anthony

Question for the english:
I see on the official site that it is listed that the game is NOT on TV; how does that happen?
Over here in the states it is almost always on TV.

Liverpool FC: Reina, Johnson, Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Sahin, Allen, Gerrard, Sterling, Suso, Suarez.

Subs: Jones, Carragher, Henderson, Downing, Assaidi, Coates, Borini.

Status
Not open for further replies.