• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

PRE Match: Norwich vs Liverpool (PL: Sat, 29.09.12; 15:00 GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gb1986

Suso, Sterling, Wisdom and Sahin all starting, deservedly too. I'm excited, first game all season i've actually been confident of too i think.

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
The team in full is: Reina, Wisdom, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Sahin, Gerrard, Allen, Sterling, Suso, Suarez.

Subs: Jones, Carragher, Henderson, Downing, Assaidi, Coates, Borini

So its Wisdom over Robinson and Enrique. Borini makes way for Assaidi and Suso gets his first start as well in place of Jonjo. Very talented and skillful lineup, young too!

Anthony

Very excited by the lineup too. And who says we don't look at youth enough?
I cannot recall a time when we had this many young players breaking through

mpoletti

Bearded Rumour Mill Regista
[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

Reina Wisdom Skrtel Agger Johnson Gerrard Allen Sahin Sterling Suarez Suso
Looks like the team still gets leaked a full 24 hours before the game.

I really like the boldness and intent that this lineup sends. Excited to see this group play. [/background]

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Ad-free Member
[...]
I am sure that I am not the only one that is losing a bit of faith in Borini already[.]
[...]
No offense, but anyone with this mindset is a bit simple or has unrealistically high expectations for a new signing (who is only 21).

* * *​

Anyway, bold lineup. I had doubts over whether Sahin would be fit enough, but he certainly deserves to play on merit. Wisdom over Robinson is an interesting choice, and I think it's frankly ridiculous that Downing is on the bench over Pacheco (although perhaps he is tired).

I would like to see Assaidi and Borini come in later in the game; Henderson if it's time to close up shop a bit (though Allen/Sahin is pretty secure as it is).

Time to go out and grab a game by the balls.

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
No offense, but anyone with this mindset is a bit simple or has unrealistically high expectations for a new signing (who is only 21).

* * *​

Face it he was bought to score goals, he may not have been played in the middle but he is still required to score goals and he hasn't been in the EPL. You can't say that he isn't under a bit of pressure to score, rightly or wrongly I think he is. Its good to see him on the bench let's him know that he has to play better and keep working and the goals will come.

MikeOscar

Klopp Klopp
Today feels like a must win game, but it won't be easy. Up until now, the fixture list and the fact that it was early into the season could be used as excuses. Starting today we're out of excuses. I like the team selection, it's brave, but it's all about how the team plays on the pitch. The players, especially the senior ones, need to step up and start delivering. Please, no more stupid individual errors. A clean sheet would be lovely (if slightly unrealistic). Expecting a draw.

Nismo9

TIA Youth Team
Noticed Borini has fallen short for today and theres not much arguing with that, but has he even been given a chance to start down the middle yet? I think he would be more comfortable in that position and Suarez does well on the side also.

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Is this the fixture that Luis scored a hat-trick in?

I certainly hope they focus so much on Luis that our young midfielders and a certain captain, break through easily.

Upstate_Chad

TIA Youth Team
Love the starting XI. Rodgers is rewarding the youth who have proven "to run through fences" for the badge. Looking forward to the connection play between Johnson>Allen>Sahin>Suso>Suarez. That is a bunch of slick on the ball, confident dribblers.

With Sahin in the lineup, does Allen have more freedom to move forward, or is he still expected to cover for Gerrard? Either way, I expect to see a confident team out there today. Assaidi on for Sterling if Norwich decides to pack it in.

tooloom

TIA Youth Team
Question for the english:
I see on the official site that it is listed that the game is NOT on TV; how does that happen?
Over here in the states it is almost always on TV.
I think they mean not on the lfctv channel
My only quibble with the team is wasting space on the bench with Downing
YNWA

Anthony

Borini should be given a few minutes playing league cup, FA cup and Europa cup games for him to hit some form. I think he is a real talent, and doesn't need the league pressure right now.

Upstate_Chad

TIA Youth Team
Noticed Borini has fallen short for today and theres not much arguing with that, but has he even been given a chance to start down the middle yet? I think he would be more comfortable in that position and Suarez does well on the side also.
It's also because he is coming off an injury. If he had a severely swollen ankle 6 days ago, its more likely that he is willing to fight for his manager and club should it be required, then it has to do with him falling short.

When Rodgers said that young players were going to have to play through injury in certain instances, what Agger and Borini are doing today is answering that call. SOLDIERS!

OhYaBeauty

Suso on the right (presumably) is an interesting choice, and not one I would have made. Here's hoping he does well with his opportunity

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Setanta had Suso on the left but i daresay they'll interchange a lot. Can't wait for this game to start

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Small bit of nitpicking, why do we have Carra and Coates on the bench when we've got a fullback starting who's also capable of playing CB?

Team is exactly what I predicted though, exciting side. 3-1 today

Upstate_Chad

TIA Youth Team
We are wearing our 3rd kit today. I like it. I mean its ugly as hell, but I always enjoy an different look. Its just the white shoulders that make it a bad kit.

Here we go! YNWA!

CymruRed

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Question for the english:
I see on the official site that it is listed that the game is NOT on TV; how does that happen?
Over here in the states it is almost always on TV.
3pm kick off's are never shown on TV here in the UK,only 1pm or 5pm games are live on SKY/ESPN on saturdays.

I think it's contractual with tv companies and the FA,something to do with keeping matchday attendances as high as possible (i think?).

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Brilliant finish from Suarez. Great start. Lets fucking smash them.

Status
Not open for further replies.