PRE Match: Norwich vs Liverpool (PL: Sat, 29.09.12; 15:00 GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good first half.

Suso, wow. This boy will be talked about alongside Messi and Ronaldo before too long, mark my words. He will be something unlike anyone we've seen since Digger Barnes. He will be special.

Suarez, boy you frustrate me, miss an absolute shocker and then score a pearler.

Ref, you're a cunt. Still.
Nothing like overhyping someone after 3 games. I have watched him play for a long time and agree that he is a great prospect but putting too much pressure on him will not do anyone any good.

In terms of the match I agree that Sterling has been struggling. I would give him a rest early on in the 2nd half and put Assaidi on.

NZred

The Red From NZ
Half time thoughts:
  • Should have had a penalty. The refs must hate us. Not only did the defender push him over on the shoulder, he also caught Luis' left leg.
  • Suso and Sterling have been okay, but not good. Sterling might be tired; he doesn't seem to want to take on his man. Hopefully he's not learning from Downing. I'd bring on Assaidi in a little bit just to give him a break.
  • Pepe had a few nice stops! Hopefully he'll use this to turn a corner.
  • Every touch Sahin makes looks like it belongs in a highlight reel. I can't wait to see the compilation of his touches because he's been sublime. Seems like he has such massive self belief he can do anything; control the ball any way he pleases.
  • We need to keep track of Suarez's nutmeg-to-goal ratio.
More of the same, please!

You're watching a very different game. Suso has played some magic balls.

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
Well look what morons they were shouting at Luis last season (on page 1 of this thread!) PLEBS!!!!!!!

OMG, am I actually going to feel happy at the end of a match this season?
Don't speak about it too soon...! Don't know why, but I still don't feel confident. :o

Anyway: Fuck the haters, fuck the referees, fuck the FA, fuck the Norwich supporters. One Luis Suarez.

Oh, and I love Suso's composure and decision making.

NZred

The Red From NZ
Nothing like over hyping someone after 3 games. I have watched him play for a long time and agree that he is a great prospect but putting too much pressure on him will not do anyone any good.

In terms of the match I agree that Sterling has been struggling. I would give him a rest early on in the 2nd half and put Assaidi on.
Yes heaping praise on him, on a forum, from 5000 miles away will surely put pressure on him.

OhYaBeauty

Did anyone just see that advert with Vinnie Jones telling you to buy the Liverpool kit?

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
Suso will improve as he gets more game time: don't forget he only had a 20 minute cameo in midweek.

OhYaBeauty

You're watching a very different game. Suso has played some magic balls.
He's been great as a midfielder but for me he doesn't do enough as a forward. Most of his contribution is dropping deep or cutting into midfield to make a pass. I didn't say that he was poor or that I expected more from the boy, just that, as a winger, he's been okay.

snape

TIA Youth Team
Btw, great to see Henderson on the bench. Rewarded for a good performance at WBA. Good man-management by Rodgers.

Yes heaping praise on him, on a forum, from 5000 miles away will surely put pressure on him.
I'm sure if more people like you (and I'm sure there are many) start comparing him to the likes of Messi and Ronaldo after only 3 games it will be putting too pressure on him if he has two or three poor games in a row. And don't know if you realize but players do have access to the internet and media.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Not even a karate chop to the neck is enough to get Suarez a penalty these days. Loved the way he shut the crowd up almost immediately after missing a sitter. Really enjoying this. Great stuff.

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
Joe Allen is playing a more understated role today but then so does Lucas when he features; it's still an absolutely vital one though.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
I hope the obviousness of the foul on Suarez results in a change of attitude among refs. I know this sounds a bit paranoid but it does seem me to that there is a clear policy among refs to ignore any foul on Suarez in the penalty area. Maybe now that everyone and his or her dog is saying "clear penalty" will cause refs to redress the imbalance in their treatment of Luis.

gb1986

Btw, great to see Henderson on the bench. Rewarded for a good performance at WBA. Good man-management by Rodgers.
Who the hell would you drop out of Allen, Gerrard and Sahin? Gerrard got a goal against Utd, Sahin 2 against west brom, and Allen has been consistently brilliant in each game he's played so far.

Henderson had a decent match against West Brom, but by no means did enough to oust any of those 3.

Can't believe we're winning 2-0 and someone is complaining that Henderson is only on the bench!

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
We get a bit of luck for a change. A Norwich player saves us on the line!

snape

TIA Youth Team
I'm sure if more people like you (and I'm sure there are many) start comparing him to the likes of Messi and Ronaldo after only 3 games it will be putting too pressure on him if he has two or three poor games in a row. And don't know if you realize but players do have access to the internet and media.
Let's just agree that Suso will be a phenomenal player, at least for us. Hopefully, they get his new contract right. Tie him down until he retires or something close.

Archer

TIA First Team
i love that everything is coming off for us and today is full of positives - but the defence still needs plenty of work - as an 11 not just defenders. We've been lucky at times, and snodgrass just did a goal line clearance.

sahin certainly scores more than xabi :-)

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Damn, missed the goal, just got back, what happened, know it was Sahin and that's all

snape

TIA Youth Team
Who the hell would you drop out of Allen, Gerrard and Sahin? Gerrard got a goal against Utd, Sahin 2 against west brom, and Allen has been consistently brilliant in each game he's played so far.

Henderson had a decent match against West Brom, but by no means did enough to oust any of those 3.

Can't believe we're winning 2-0 and someone is complaining that Henderson is only on the bench!
Haha... nobody's complaining that Henderson is on the bench. I completely agree with you that Sahin, Gerrard and Allen probably deserves to start ahead of him. I'm just saying that its good that Henderson is at least on the bench.

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
tbh, I'm glad Grant Holt didn't start... stupid decision that... surprised Chris Houghton isn't just using his NUFC Andy Carroll tactic with Holt and Hoolahan instead of Carroll and Nolan... Oh well, too late for him to turn this around now... probably

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
tbh, I'm glad Grant Holt didn't start... stupid decision that... surprised Chris Houghton isn't just using his NUFC Andy Carroll tactic with Holt and Hoolahan instead of Carroll and Nolan... Oh well, too late for him to turn this around now... probably
Can't see this lot doing an Istanbul :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.