• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre-Match: Paris Saint Germain v Liverpool (CL 28/11/2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFCFFC

This same discussion appears again and again with pretty much every new signing, bar an exceptional few. It's fucking ridiculous.

Klopp clearly values giving a player an extended period to both settle in, play the way he wants them too and then perform well enough to earn a regular spot in the side. Colour me shocked that the French tabloids would run with this story right before a crunch game against Liverpool.

Hope we demolish them.

Win we qualify, draw or lose and we out. Messed up at Belgrade and this is what we have to live with. Can't have it all, League or Champs League, and my only problem is if we don't go through we might have to endure Europa League. Fucking hell!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but a draw keeps us well and truly alive doesn't it? We'd just have to beat Napoli at home.

Last edited:

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Win we qualify, draw or lose and we out. Messed up at Belgrade and this is what we have to live with. Can't have it all, League or Champs League, and my only problem is if we don't go through we might have to endure Europa League. Fucking hell!
My mate has just gone through the permutations with me.

If we win, and Belgrade beat Napoli - then it goes to the last match where both Napoli and Belgrade could go through!
If we lose, then we are not out at all - just need to beat Napoli and probably by 2 goals.

It'll all be clear around 10pm today. But shall we just smash PSG and send out a statement?

liver1

Heres another permutation.

If we draw against PSG and Napoli win against Red Star, Napoli are through.

Because PSG cannot catch them, at worst theyll be tied on 9 points and Napoli drew 1-1 at home but 2-2 in Paris giving them the better head to head.

That would make our game against Napoli a little bit easier given they know theyve qualified.

liver1

This game is very difficult to predict how it will go.

Its hard to know where we are as a team away in Europe at the moment. And in recent form we havent got out of 3rd gear.

On the other hand this is a big European away game, PSG are going to come at us all guns blazing, and that might suit us.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
My mate has just gone through the permutations with me.

If we win, and Belgrade beat Napoli - then it goes to the last match where both Napoli and Belgrade could go through!
If we lose, then we are not out at all - just need to beat Napoli and probably by 2 goals.

It'll all be clear around 10pm today. But shall we just smash PSG and send out a statement?
Permutation is all good if we weren't chasing someone in the league and having to play United as well in the same week.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
I can see us running riot here, wouldn't be surprised with a 0-4 victory for us might reds. We'll need Jordan to put his Hugo boots on and the front 3 to return to their quicksilver best but we tend to turn it on when we play on the biggest stage and this is certainly that.

Livvy

Alles wird gut
Posted this in the Fabinho thread.....

PSG are to open talks with us over sale of Fabinho to them according to The Mail.
Now, before you all jump on me - I think there maybe something in this.
He clearly hasnt settled and he isnt playing a lot.
The Ox was different - he came in Jan - Fabinho arrived in summer so has had plenty of training and time to settle.
He didnt play the weekend which I thought was odd as he was surely bought for horrible away games like Watford and Palace - he didnt play in either.
Something doesnt add up with Fabinho.
I have now found out that there is a system. Before any important game we have anyone posting that our player xyz has an offer from Club xyz and will leave us. That's absolute nonsense. I do not know if it should spread panic / anxiety or just generate clicks (maybe both) but best you just ignore it. And btw, Klopp has never sold a new player after such a short time, he gives everyone the time it takes to settle in and he has a lot more patience than the fans. :)

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Permutation is all good if we weren't chasing someone in the league and having to play United as well in the same week.
Just correcting your statement that "we win, we qualify". Unfortunately not completely true.

Gone Kloppo

Formerly known as Ʒan
Draw? No. Provided Belgrade don't do something nuts in the next two games, a draw will get us through any tie-break involving PSG. Needless to say though, we need better than a loss tonight and to do the job against Napoli at home. 2 draws would leave us needing PSG to draw against RSB to go through. A loss tonight would need us to win the Napoli match and for PSG to draw/lose to RSB and for Napoli to beat RSB and for PSG's win against us to be by only a goal with them scoring 2 or 1.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
Going off what Klopp said yesterday, I expect this game to have very little flow to it. A lot of broken play and battles for possession. This game screams Milner, Henderson. Not sure about the 3rd body in mid.

“The more difficult it is, the more I enjoy the preparation.

“PSG are so dominant in the league, we have to make sure they are not that dominant here.

“The boys are 100 percent focused, and hopefully we can see that tomorrow night.

“The (LFC) players know more about these (PSG) players’ individual strengths than I do. But they can only shine if they get the ball.”

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
We have lost our last 4 away games in this competition, in pretty much complete contrast to our League record. What does that say about the quality of most Premier League teams? It will be interesting to see what the tactics will be tonight.

Hopefully we turn up with a plan because it hasn't been evident that we had one in the last 2 away games in this group. We have been outplayed.

Last edited:

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
So strange

CL pre-match thread vs PSG starting in 3 hours and we are only on page three??

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
@Alright Now ,
I should be nervous, by I am kind of 'Midland' at the moment.
Reading the in-match when the game has started makes me more nervous.

Everyone, do you think we should go "full heavy metal ", we have nothing to lose. I can't be having it on the final crunch game of the group.

Last edited:

StrongINTheAir

The voice of reason
Sorry if this has been asked and replied to already.
But where can you watch this match in the States without paying $2.99 to Bleacher Reports and that fucking disgraceful lack of coverage by TNT?

Alright Now

@Alright Now ,
I should be nervous, by I am kind of 'Midland' at the moment.
Reading the in-match when the game has started makes me more nervous.

Everyone, do you think we should go "full heavy metal ", we have nothing to lose. I can't be having it on the final crunch game of the group.
I’m having premature breathing issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.