• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match: Southampton v Liverpool EPL 05.04.2019 KO 20:00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Jones

Blunt
Ad-free Member
Possibly a harder game than you'd think but i don't tend to think too much so i'll ignore that bit,can't see Saints causing us too much trouble so Alisson will need a comfortable chair and a book to read,Salah is April in the LFC calendar so this is the month he starts banging them in starting with a hat trick against Saints with Bobby and Mane getting one each,5-0 to us. :cheers:

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
I think this could be tricky.
Southampton have a couple of decent players and a decent home atmosphere when things go well.
I’ll go for 3-1 or 3-2 win. But as long as we win I don’t care.
And Allison can read any book he likes as long as it’s not the same one Lloris was reading yesterday.

Incognito

The Normal One
Possibly a harder game than you'd think but i don't tend to think too much so i'll ignore that bit,can't see Saints causing us too much trouble so Alisson will need a comfortable chair and a book to read,Salah is April in the LFC calendar so this is the month he starts banging them in starting with a hat trick against Saints with Bobby and Mane getting one each,5-0 to us. :cheers:
Oh come on! Not even one swear one. As long as we are winning, it's okay, else we may need @PeachesEnRegalia to take over.

redaderry

Good to see a sensible opening to a match thread. Any recommendations for the book? I'd say Parkerknoll for the chair.

Too early for a prediction, i need to wind up my prediction machine.

Alright Now

Howling! This is so good. So good.

Come on you, Reds!

belldiouf

TIA New Signing
Stupid Skysports and Friday night kick offs. 3pm kick of New York time, on a week day. Even worse for fans looking to travel south.

As others have said, I think this game could be more difficult than one might expect. They've improved out of sight under their new manager and results have improved as well. They've been very happy to sit back and hit on the break, see Brighton and Spurs victories in their last 2 matches.

On the plus side for us, they will have to do without Ings (cup tied) and I think they will be all but mathematically safe, with nothing to play for come Friday. Assuming City make easy work of Cardiff on Wednesday.

I still think we will drop points between now and seasons end, but I am expecting a very tight and nervy 2-1 win. We don't really know any other way at the moment.

Red over the water

Strange time for a game, but such is life. We take the money and they move it around for TV. Pah! I’ll have the day off and will be watching.

Fabinho in midfield please. And if Lallana is firing anything like the last time he played, stick him in. They will be occupied with booing him a bit as a former player, and while that side show goes on Mo can get back to scoring form for the run in. Don’t care who the other midfielder is. The main thing is Fabinho needs to start.

Same defence, and if we get a two goal lead I’d bring Gomez on for a run out. If he can quickly get up to speed he might help bring the defence back to the level it was in the first half of the season, and that might be the difference at the sharp end of the season. Matip has been doing well and should start, but Gomez is the better player if we can find a way to start to ease him back in we should do it.

3-0 Liverpool.

Mo and two Southampton old boys, Mane and Lallana.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
If Alisson's reading a book, then I hope he's on the same page as the rest of the defense.

Southampton desperately trying to avoid relegation so they'll be up for it. This has all the hallmarks of a potential ba........
Nah. We'll smash 'me. Three nil; Salah hat trick.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Going to miss this one, fucking idiot made us play on Friday and the day I had to be on the damn plane. Been working my schedule around the damn weekend so that I don't have to miss matches and yet they got to do this to me. Fuckers.

MUST WIN game, yes, there I said it. It is a must win and there isn't one that is not a must win. There's only 6 left to go, and every single one of them is a must win game.

Dane

NEXT!
Ad-free Member
Going to miss this one, fucking idiot made us play on Friday and the day I had to be on the damn plane. Been working my schedule around the damn weekend so that I don't have to miss matches and yet they got to do this to me. Fuckers.

MUST WIN game, yes, there I said it. It is a must win and there isn't one that is not a must win. There's only 6 left to go, and every single one of them is a must win game.
Dont they have free wi-fi in first class?

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
I'd say from our remaining PL games this will be the second most difficult (after Chelsea). We have history with them (with the former Southampton players in our squad). Tricky place to go. Hope it won't be rainy/windy/cold at the coast on friday night.

DanielLFC1995

This is going to be a quite difficult test against a resurgent team, who have picked up some decent results of late. Although they've improved defensively, I still think we'll have too much for them. I'm going for a 3-1 win for the Reds! Salah to break his drought in style, after a drought, there's normally a flood! I hope this is the match that reignites his Goal Scoring groove! Come on Red Men!

Dutch

Ad-free Member
Lovren for Bambi on ice II, Fabinho for Henderson and Keïta for Milner.

0-3.

jim bouki

Gini looked like he needs a rest, and he doesn't usually play his best games away from home. I'd go Fab lallana and one of hendo/milner in midfield for this one! The rest pretty much pick themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.