Pre Match: Sunderland vs LFC; Sunday 29/09/13; 16.00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Wondering about Brendan really, whether he's bottled out of his original ideals or just hasn't been able to sign the sort of players to make it work properly. Know we have injuries but this is just bad quality stuff by and large

This is sort of why am not buying the enthusiasm to renew his contract. Got a bit to do before we think about anything like that

charleslee89

TIA New Signing
henderson thinks he's beckham....FFS....

RichLFC said:
Wondering about Brendan really, whether he's bottled out of his original ideals or just hasn't been able to sign the sort of players to make it work properly. Know we have injuries but this is just bad quality stuff by and large

This is sort of why am not buying the enthusiasm to renew his contract. Got a bit to do before we think about anything like that
let's just let the contract run out and find someone else...

Colin

TIA First Team
All we actually lack is a real good anchorman who can calm the ship in the midfield.

Gerrard isn't really that. We need him to be more like that, really. Someone to control the tempo, calm things down when we're getting sloppy etc. Sometimes we just lose our shape and run around with a huge hole in our midfield.

rab

charleslee89 said:
He isn't a right wing back, he's a central midfielder. Out there he's a square peg in a round hole whilst in the middle of midfield where he should be playing we have two strolling about the place and a wide player failing to link the midfield and attack.

Colin

TIA First Team
I should say - despite all the negativity in this thread, myself included, we actually are playing solid enough right now. Touch wood.

STE123

Lurker
Johnson Skertyl Agger Enrique

id have that back line right now...
is that gaicherini fell about 3 ft 7 ?

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
ILLOK said:
Henderson's delivery from out wide is abysmal
Another reason he should be one of the 2 central midfielders - workrate is quality but his quality in the final third is lacking. Convert to a DM with short passes would suit him nicely.

charleslee89

TIA New Signing
rab said:
He isn't a right wing back, he's a central midfielder. Out there he's a square peg in a round hole whilst in the middle of midfield where he should be playing we have two strolling about the place and a wide player failing to link the midfield and attack.
why isn't brendan changing the system? it's so obvious to anyone and his dog that lucas and gerrard aren't the type that has high work-rate.

craigbellamy

Swinging away, hoping to land one on a motd idiot
I swear to god if i see them do triangles anymore i'll swing for them!!!!

Never Say Never

FSG are the iluminati
Toure has been a massive massive signing for us. I fear what we'd look like without his leadership.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Agree with everyone about Hendo, his crossing is awful but energy wise he'd be great in the centre

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
charleslee89 said:

let's just let the contract run out and find someone else...
Actually thought a 3 year deal was one of the more sensible ideas of the ownership group.

Know a lot that would put people on lifetime contracts here but feel you need to be kept on your toes otherwise complacency etc creeps in. And that has been seen enough in the players to not be seen with Rodgers as well. Would be in no rush. But still feel at least today a 3rd is there is we look for it. Big if though

Uberkoen

TIA Reserve Team
Henderson is such a waste on the wing. Everytime he's gotten the ball he's wasted it.

Claymenza

Henderson cannot seem to cross the ball or beat his man. Moses should be on that flank

theres always tommorrow

If we win it this year I’m changing my name tag
I so want to see a convincing performance from our team but this isn't it....can't believe how negative our play is. Lacks shape or purpose apart from one moment of brilliance from SAS it's been woeful. Come on Brendan change it shore up midfield and put a back 4 on

koptician

We'll go again!
Are we that desperate to give away the lead? Where was the closing down on the initial shot on Giaccherini's goal and who was supposed to watch him! Giving away so many balls in midfield! And our passing in general has not been very good. Henderson's crossing from the right has been especially poor

alphakilo

TIA Regular
charleslee89 said:
why isn't brendan changing the system? it's so obvious to anyone and his dog that lucas and gerrard aren't the type that has high work-rate.
He did. He changed it to 3 at the back so there's added cover when the central midfield is overrun.

Not the only way to do it but it is a way.

t34m43

Claymenza said:
Henderson cannot seem to cross the ball or beat his man. Moses should be on that flank
He just is not a wide player. He offers good cover for the back line, but going forward he offers very little in that position, but injuries are dictating things.

Colin

TIA First Team
Cool the jets guys, we've dominated the past 15 minutes and ARE winning the game

Uberkoen

TIA Reserve Team
They should really stop trying all these fancy moves and keep it simple.

craigbellamy

Swinging away, hoping to land one on a motd idiot
We were just strolling back then, watching that player............training ground play!!

t34m43

Uberkoen said:
They should really stop trying all these fancy moves and keep it simple.
I would not have been bothered about what Suarez did with that free kick if there was anyone in the team expecting it. It looked like a pass behind the entire team into space.

charleslee89

TIA New Signing
alphakilo said:
He did. He changed it to 3 at the back so there's added cover when the central midfield is overrun.

Not the only way to do it but it is a way.
first, toure does well as a RB as we saw at the last match at southampton...so why not 433 or 451?
t34m43 said:
He just is not a wide player. He offers good cover for the back line, but going forward he offers very little in that position, but injuries are dictating things.
i think he will do well as a box to box DM....

Status
Not open for further replies.