• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre-Match: Swansea (A); Monday 16/09/2013; 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphakilo

TIA Regular
Uberkoen said:
God! Aspas is annoying me. He needs to get his act together.
I thought it was a bad sub. We've played Aspas in that second striker role a couple of games now and it hasn't worked out well at all.

A clear alternative was to switch Henderson back to the middle and bring on Sterling instead (given Toure came on as well).

afrikana

TIA Squad Member
Dear me, Aspas looks out of his depth even against this sort of opposition!

Never Say Never

FSG are the iluminati
SoueysTash said:
Yup...think thats the weight of the shirt partially, doesn't seem as confident as he needs to be. Looking at some of his games for Celta he wasn't like that...
Or the speed and physicality of the league. As a squad player I don't mind him. Just think he's got a fairly low ceiling.

alphakilo

TIA Regular
afrikana said:
He is playing out of position within a midfield that is geared to keep the ball. He is far too similar to Sturridge defensively; watch him close down the ball, he tends to show the opponent inside (towards our goal) rather than away from it.

BR could've made a better call IMO.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
afrikana said:
Looked good playing against malaysia and indonesia though, and thailand too.

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
Mignolet needs to stop and think before he kicks the ball. The pressure and resulting free kick is a direct result of him not taking his time.

kwala

TIA Regular
Are we ever going to play well beyond HT? What is the problem? Fitness, freshness? Tactics? Whatever is seeing us sit off teams in the 2nd half we need to address it!

t34m43

astaire66 said:
Sounds like Coutinho has been a big loss.
I think this too, since he has gone off the pitch the ball retention of Liverpool has disappeared.

amgough

TIA Youth Team
A draw wouldn't be too disappointing, still top of the league but would have been nice to be five points clear of fifth. Gutted to see us ease off in the second half- underlines how important Coutinho is.

Status
Not open for further replies.