• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match Thread: Anzhi Makhachkala v Liverpool; 08/11/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
They have us on the ropes right now, need to steady and get to the half.

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
They have us on the ropes right now, need to steady and get to the half.
thats expected. I think we been rather good to not come under too much pressure. We are controling the game more than they are thats for sure. I like this formation, might just be a one of but we look pretty comfortable out there.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
thats expected. I think we been rather good to not come under too much pressure. We are controling the game more than they are thats for sure. I like this formation, might just be a one of but we look pretty comfortable out there.
We have eased their pressure off with a couple of long possessions. Not the most exciting to watch, but this is good stuff for developing. Coady and Morgan are both looking more comfortable,

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
We have eased their pressure off with a couple of long possessions. Not the most exciting to watch, but this is good stuff for developing. Coady and Morgan are both looking more comfortable,
Agree. Even Cole look good in this set up, and that speaks volume.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Agree. Even Cole look good in this set up, and that speaks volume.
May I have some of whatever you are taking?

To be fair, Cole has not looked woeful as expected, just would not go as far as 'good'

sunuva...

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Bugger, they seemed to be doing so well, going to be a hard game now as i cant see them leaving us many chances

redalways

TIA Regular
Ball-watching, static display by most out there. We can win this. There just needs to be the desire to take it beyond what we have already. No one wants to try to bring the play a little faster or try something unexpected like dribble a bit further on instead of cross earlier.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
Well taken goal. Didn't even have time for the re-start, how frustrating. We can still nick a draw, come on men!

OhYaBeauty

Well that was poor from Coates, and you always knew he was going to dink it when Jones came out and the ball was in the air. I don't understand how we let that happen; with that little time left in the half, they were always going to play a long ball to Traore. We just let it happen.

Not too worried, though. I never expected a win and at least we aren't being dominated.

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
Balls...ten seconds before the whistle...rotten...

Didn't deserve that. Been so comfortable apart from a couple of individual errors. Poor by Coates.

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
And now we know why Jordan Hendersond does not play in league games, as if anyone didn't already know why Rodgers keeps him on the bench.

OhYaBeauty

Why Brad why? Should have not come out like that.
No argument from me that he shouldn't have come out, but it was a goal either way. With the ball bouncing you knew he was going to dink it over Brad, but if Brad hadn't come out Traore would have just ripped a volley past him before Brad's feet left the ground.

mpoletti

Bearded Rumour Mill Regista
45 minutes of decent stuff, but what a bit of skill at the break. Too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.