• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match Thread: Anzhi Makhachkala v Liverpool; 08/11/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
And now we know why Jordan Hendersond does not play in league games, as if anyone didn't already know why Rodgers keeps him on the bench.
Henderson has been good. Should of maybe hit an see what happens on that chance but on that angle with keepee right in front of him wasnt a good scoring chance. He has helped control this match really well.

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
Henderson has been good. Should of maybe hit an see what happens on that chance but on that angle with keepee right in front of him wasnt a good scoring chance. He has helped control this match really well.
He's being over run in midfied providing nothing. I'm not even talking about why he passed the ball back to 3 defenders instead of taking a point blank shot.

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
Possibly told that in an away leg with a VERY under strength team that possession is king and not squander it?

still should have feckin shot tho.... ;)

alphakilo

TIA Regular
Their keeper went to ground very very early. He could have taken it around the keeper.

Off_The_Heezay

TIA Youth Team
Shelvey looks so far above the other attacking players, can see why he features for the first team. Flanno has been impressive at wing back. No-one has really looked terrible, although Hendo looks for the safe ball too often for my liking. Coady has grown into his role as the half has gone. Cole better than usual but I don't see him lasting the 90.

OhYaBeauty

That was a rare sight. All of our players in their half. Hasn't happened much...

alphakilo

TIA Regular
Spanish duo coming on. Pacheco and Suso for, hopefully Cole and Coady or one of the defenders?

OhYaBeauty

Pacheco and Suso looking likely to come on. My guess is Joe Cole and either Coady or Henderson off.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Damn, Pacheco in for Morgan, still no wide playing time for Pacheco. Suso for Coady, so the overpaid bench plays on.

OhYaBeauty

Morgan off? Terrible choice if you ask me. He's our best bet to get a goal.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Oh, just fuck off Cole. There was absolutely no reason to use the outstep there. Just had the damn ball back to them next time.

No patience for him left at all.

theres always tommorrow

If we win it this year I’m changing my name tag
Don't know where a goal is coming from but it isn't Henderson or Cole....who is left on the bench?

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
so lets say this result stands, what do we want from the other group game, a draw?

kingoftown

Really good aimer.
Joe Cole is not a striker. The closest thing we have to a finisher on the pitch right now is Shelvey. Maybe Coates.

Status
Not open for further replies.