• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match Thread: Anzhi Makhachkala v Liverpool; 08/11/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

redalways

TIA Regular
Shelvey has been abysmal today. Ball-watching, hesitating too much, reckless play, selfish play. Completely disappointed.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Disagree. They are cowering against what is a very poor side tonight. We could definitely have won this, but we don't look interested.
I think they might have talked themselves into giving Anzhi too much respect.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Well, may have been our second team but nothing changes, we deserved a point out of that but didn't get what we deserved. Apart from the obvious few i thought they did well.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Disagree. They are cowering against what is a very poor side tonight. We could definitely have won this, but we don't look interested.
Very poor side? Top of their league only conceded two goals so far this season apparently and us at Anfield are only loss they've had!

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
I think we had one shot on goal. We did not deserve shit from this game. Onto the Chavs.

kingoftown

Really good aimer.
We have such mediocre forward movement. Four players standing on their defensive line with absolutely no movement. The cost of having no real striker on the pitch.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
Well, may have been our second team but nothing changes, we deserved a point out of that but didn't get what we deserved. Apart from the obvious few i thought they did well.
Having said that Traore missed two absolute sitters. i think the result is fair if i'm being honest.

redalways

TIA Regular
We deserved the NOTHING that we got. Complete lack of interest, nobody wants to take the lead and control the play. How often can you see people running about like headless chickens or just ball-watching.

This was an extremely poor Anzhi side, and definitely winnable with a team that actually bothers. For all the passion that they ought to have, the youth were disappointing. Why Cole and Downing played I'll never know.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Don't really think so, we were fairly toothless, and Brad had a solid game. We lost to an odd goal, but they could have others. We did not get much other than the chance Henderson turned down.

redalways

TIA Regular
Very poor side? Top of their league only conceded two goals so far this season apparently and us at Anfield are only loss they've had!
Means shit all. No movement nobody WANTING to win. They definitely had a lot of weak spots that could be exploited, but nobody made the runs, everybody was ball-watching.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Yeah my take on it, limited them to couple of decent attempts they scored off one and largely all us. Just no cutting edge up front. Used what should be our third or fourth tier attackers and Cole to try and score against a side with an unbelievable defensive record!

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Ad-free Member
Average age of starting XI: 23.8.

Average age of finishing XI: 23.3.

theres always tommorrow

If we win it this year I’m changing my name tag
Not a lot to celebrate let's face it. No one played really well (except maybe Brad Jones). Stop mollicoddling them Brendon - tell em it counts!!

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
One bright spot. Suso. JonJo totally disinterested. Henderson continues to disappoint. Coates his little or no pace. Downing either crosses to an opponent or hits the first defender. Sad thing is that game was winable.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Well i cant remember them having too many more chances than us. We could easily have scored a couple, Hendo's pass when he shot and Coles follow up to Susos shot stand out the most. People saying these are a poor side, is that in general or just today because going by their league standings etc they seem to be a decent team. I know it's not the in thing to do but i think this 2nd string deserve some credit for limiting their chances and creating a few.

You may also remember that the idea this game was also to rest our top players which we did.

Edit, well said Sweeting, my point exactly that maybe we made them look bad.

D.hughes

TIA Youth Team
what happens if this turns out to be a worst season than last?? how are we ever going to get back to 08/09 days with the players we have?

haakeye

Banned Users
what happens if this turns out to be a worst season than last?? how are we ever going to get back to 08/09 days with the players we have?
dream on mate them days have gone unless sumthing changes very very quickly and who we get in jan transfer window But i aint holding my breath

Status
Not open for further replies.