Pre Match Thread: Anzhi Makhachkala v Liverpool; 08/11/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

REDSkins

TIA Youth Team
I hope not. He's going to put in a pathetic shift that will totally turn them off...
They'll be signing him not for his performance, but for his good looks. Like Beckham in L.A....gotta bring the ladies to the stadium :wub:

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
lol I think both have a long way to make it into the first team, both great prospects. Whilst Robinson is getting the plaudits at the moment, there is something I like about Flanagan which I like. He perhaps was born in the wrong time. I like to see a player go in for the tackle like he does, a full back good at defending, putting his body on the line similar to say Carragher.

Robinson is probably the more rounded full back (skills wise), more suited to Rodgers system and I think more balanced in going forward. (more a modern full back even if he does need to improve his attack).

I wouldn't though write off Flanagan ultimately becoming the better player, even if at this stage Robinson is ahead

Miklo

TIA's Cruijffonian
Last chance for Joe I guess. Assaidi should have started in my eyes. Anyone have a stream?

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Ad-free Member
Last chance for Joe I guess. Assaidi should have started in my eyes. Anyone have a stream?
http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=177440&part=sports

red to the bone

TIA Squad Member
http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/151626/1/watch-fk-anzhi-makhachkala-vs-liverpool-fc.html

Working well so far.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Hope so mate - I like the lad.

Given he is a right back by trade, and we have Johnson and Kelly ahead if him, and McLaughlin coming up behind him (who people seem to really rate - I've never seen him) I wonder what his chances are.

What really stand Robinson in good stead is we've nobody at left back to sing about.

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Ad-free Member
My favourite part of international/continental games is seeing the way the kids look at the players in the tunnel with something between fear and awe.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
How how earth cole is playing? any day any time would have pacheco.
btw that banner at anji is really good.

No Men in the Box Redux

Keyboard Warrior
Have said that too many times already this season. Hopefully this will really be the last chance he gets. Or the more unlikely, hopefully he shines and has a cracking game in a Liverpool jersey. Always still room for firsts...

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Think from a tactical point of view this is going to be fascinating 3-4-2-1 from looks of things. Almost a counter attacking formation will be interesting to see if can work if we have most of possession.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
What's the team, for those of us still on a train home....

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
What's the team, for those of us still on a train home....
The Reds team in full is: Jones, Wisdom, Carragher, Coates, Flanagan, Shelvey, Henderson, Coady, Downing, Cole, Morgan. Subs: Gulacsi, Wilson, Robinson, Assaidi, Pacheco, Suso, Sama

TippRed

TIA Youth Team
i'm outa here. have it recording on sky plus so need to avoid all forms of media untill i get home at 7.00.
Not too impressed with the line up and gutted for Danni.
But still looking forward to sitting down to watch it and as ever I always deludedly think were gonna win coz were Liverpool FC.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
My favourite part of international/continental games is seeing the way the kids look at the players in the tunnel with something between fear and awe.
Not to be underestimated - is anyone going to look scary after Eto'o?

ROFL - my commentators are wondering if Rodgers would take a point here? You think?

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
Last little passage of play is what I sort of meant about Flanagan. The tenacity and desire to win and keep the ball. (the other side was his lousy cross)

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
On attack we are 3 at the back, but when the opposition have the ball we become very much a flat 5 at the back

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Anzhi are playing a much more patient game when in possession than at Anfield.

Has Morgan even had a touch yet?

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Interesting formation defending in numbers and attacking in numbers too, not sure it would work without such a young and fit team able to go box to box as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.