PRE MATCH: Tottenham v Liverpool, PL, Saturday 15th September, 1230hrs BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynch04

TIA New Signing
I don’t know why we spend so much time worrying about the various permutations and considerations leading up to a match.

The officials are the officials. Like it or not, they’ll be there at Wembley Stadium on Saturday. The side that Spurs put out will be the side that Spurs put out. Whoever is in that side will give us a damn good test. Whatever happened last season be it at Wembley or Anfield is done and dusted and won’t have any bearing on Saturday’s game. Its 11 versus 11 ........ Pochettino versus Klopp. We have a stronger side than we had for this fixture last season. Alisson, VvD and Keita have arrived. Studge is back ...... Shaqiri on the bench. I trust Klopp completely. Chill ......... :well done:
I am very much a fan of this approach. Its just the space between games that bothers me. Yes i agree it is the same for both teams but its weird how things work

Caradoc

Hen cnec ddiflas
Evening all, i could go through the whole thread liking posts, maybe the beer has made me more loveable.

Strange game, but equally important. Spurs have seemed to have limped into the season, no signings, ground behind schedule, lloris dd ban, infact their only positive is Kane scoring pre september.
Hard one to call, I think Salahs ups and downs against Niger is a good sign, it looks like he has woken up and the fact the rest of the team played bit parts apart from TAA for the second game is good.
I very much expect the same team, maybe Keita in for Wini, with him playing more advance. So Hendo/the Ribena kid and Fajita.
I am a fan of Lovren, but i feel more confident with Gomez in this fixture, he is a bit more relaxed and would have marked Kane in training.

I believe we will win, however, i can still imagine a Vorm MoM, Lamela having a rare good game, Kane shouldering in a goal etc. I really hope we turn up, these Int. breaks change seasons being so early in the campaign

Good man for getting us back on topic with the thread ....... ! :well done:

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
0-0. Not at all confident on this one. Spurs can beat us at our game.

that said,

TAA Gomez VVD Robertson
Milner Henderson Keita
Shaqiri Sturridge Mane

Keep the defense tight. Press Hard. Play off the midfield. Look to set Mane free. Let Spurs dictate the play initially. Our lot have tougher battles to come.

Bobby and Salah on the bench for the fact that they are misfiring and Shaqiri/Sturridge give us other options

Last edited:

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
We are stronger than we were for this fixture last year and I see no reason for trying to compare the fixtures.
Doubt Klopp will change much but anyone having an off day wont last much past half time.
Confident we can win this..2-0 to us.

Retro Helix

0-0. Not at all confident on this one. Spurs can beat us at our game.

that said,

TAA Gomez VVD Robertson
Milner Henderson Keita
Shaqiri Sturridge Mane

Keep the defense tight. Press Hard. Play off the midfield. Look to set Mane free. Let Spurs dictate the play initially. Our lot have tougher battles to come.

Bobby and Salah on the bench for the fact that they are misfiring and Shaqiri/Sturridge give us other options
Salah - 2 goals; 1 assist (PL)
Firmino - 1 goal; 2 assists (PL)
After just 4 games and you call that misfiring??? I'm so glad you are not the manager. And one more fact about Bobby as Mane said:
"Lots of people like to talk about me and Salah. It’s nice to hear those things, but the strength of this Liverpool team is the collective. You also can’t forget that there’s a guy up front called Firmino who works like an animal for us and makes things easier. And the guys behind us do some extraordinary work."

Last edited:

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
So, no new injuries according to Klopp. Mignolet is fine, Lallana will miss this game and most probably the next one but should return afer that. They had a light training session yesterday and will have another, final one today before travelling.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Salah - 2 goals; 1 assist (PL)
Firmino - 1 goal; 2 assists (PL)
It's about the opportunities missed as well. And Firmino's link up play hasn't been great the last 4 matches. Sturridge and Shaqiri should be a better fit against a team like Tottenham. Also, There's a fact that there are 8 matches in 23 days.

Ammar

Hi everybody
I'm a Liverpool fan from Egypt
i've got a ticket for the game tomorrow but unfortunately was booked in the Spurs stands by mistake
is there any chance i can change it or swap it before the game ?

Foldy

I see Alli not playing as actually being a bonus for Spurs, don't rate him, never have. World Cup he just ran into walls, for all the abuse Sterling got I thought Alli got away with murder. Provided zero in that central role and the games I've seen this season for Spurs he's so f**king annoying when you see Kane crying out for the ball unmarked and he goes for goal himself. Selfish player, and for me he has no football brain. He's not a kid learning anymore, if you can't pick up on your striker running into perfect positions that require the most basic of passes then you'll never learn that, so there's no excuses. I see Son as a real threat and would fear him more with Eriksen.

Good God...

Imagine if your kid came home from school one day and said he/she wanted to follow Utd...
When I was trying to get my son into football he asked me why I supported Liverpool and I explained that it was my local club as a child and that my family were (mostly) Liverpool fans and that we would go along to the games together.

He asked me where the nearest club was to where he was born (he is adopted so I didn't know this to hand). I had a look on a map and discovered that his nearest stadium was Old Trafford. I suggested that he may want to take an interest in cricket instead.

JoseM4

I see Alli not playing as actually being a bonus for Spurs, don't rate him, never have. World Cup he just ran into walls, for all the abuse Sterling got I thought Alli got away with murder. Provided zero in that central role and the games I've seen this season for Spurs he's so f**king annoying when you see Kane crying out for the ball unmarked and he goes for goal himself. Selfish player, and for me he has no football brain. He's not a kid learning anymore, if you can't pick up on your striker running into perfect positions that require the most basic of passes then you'll never learn that, so there's no excuses. I see Son as a real threat and would fear him more with Eriksen.
It's unlikely Son will play, right?

In addition to Alli, they're also missing Lloris and Sissoko.

JoseM4

It's about the opportunities missed as well. And Firmino's link up play hasn't been great the last 4 matches. Sturridge and Shaqiri should be a better fit against a team like Tottenham. Also, There's a fact that there are 8 matches in 23 days.
I expect Shaqiri will start in place of Salah.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Hi everybody
i've got a ticket for the game tomorrow but unfortunately was booked in the Spurs stands by mistake
Unlikely - I know other Liverpool fans in the Spurs end too tomorrow. Just need to hope you're not next to any lunatics, and don't turn up with a Salah wig or celebrate when we score!

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Hi everybody
Keep your head down and stay quiet if we score. The Spurs fans are a nasty bunch. Stay safe.

GTA_G20

FirminoFan
Hi everybody
My first game was two.years ago at the Emirates when we beat arsenal in the opener 4-3. I too sat in a season ticket holder's seat
I was warned before going in. Cover you jersey. I wore it beneath a sweater in August. Did not celebrate after any 4 goals and controlled any outbursts.

I flew from Canada to watch. Enjoy the game

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
Hi everybody
Hello. Don't celebrate if we score. You will get thrown out without a refund.

Red over the water

Can’t wait for this one. Proper footy is back.

A reverse of last year’s Wembley result would be fantastic, any win great, a draw acceptable and a defeat disappointing. Hopefully we will be up for it and play well. We’ve been below par but still got the results, but you would have to think the performance level will need to improve to come away from this one happy.

mikodelniko13

am hoping we stick with KIieta in the midfield and klopp would resist starting hendo .
defence is solid although clyne seems to be out of the picture and he was one of our best players pre injury
lots of games coming up and it is time to rotate more probably give shaqiri 30 min and giva salah a breather

Hi everybody
You could always phone the booking office but I suspect it is too late to swap.

Otherwise, get a half and half scarf and if Mo scores just tell them that you are Egyptian.

You may want to go in neutral colours but I wouldn't worry too much. I hope you enjoy the game.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
They would be heading straight for the nearest adoption agency :J
Very kind. The ancient Spartans would have abandoned such a child for the wolves.

Rather nervous for this match. It seems far too early for it, but there is a feeling that Spurs have their backs against the wall, and will have a desperate intensity that we will struggle to match, particularly on the basis of our August form.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Very kind. The ancient Spartans would have abandoned such a child for the wolves.

Rather nervous for this match. It seems far too early for it, but there is a feeling that Spurs have their backs against the wall, and will have a desperate intensity that we will struggle to match, particularly on the basis of our August form.
Damn, now that's a good idea lol

Status
Not open for further replies.