• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match: Tranmere v Liverpool (11/7/19 7.30pm)

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Another Moron that doesn't like the truth.
lol you waited 2 years to post and that was your first post. Not last year us getting to the champ lge final or us running city so close with a record points total or even a comment on beating barca in the champ lge semi or low and behold winning the final in June

Nope, you insult people for showing support to our youths and wanting to give them a chance to progress to the first team

Are you even a Liverpool fan? For some reason you seem like a sleeper account that just got activated because you are bored

benire

lol you waited 2 years to post and that was your first post. Not last year us getting to the champ lge final or us running city so close with a record points total or even a comment on beating barca in the champ lge semi or low and behold winning the final in June

Nope, you insult people for showing support to our youths and wanting to give them a chance to progress to the first team

Are you even a Liverpool fan? For some reason you seem like a sleeper account that just got activated because you are bored
[/Quote You dont get anything for being second but if that's what your happy with then good for you. We should be buying players ready for the team now especially the position we are in. But you lot don't want to debate that. Ye would rather insult someone who posts on here with a bit of truth. We ain't catching city next year not with the team they have.

Magnus

Going to be a serious blunder by klopp not to get some players in for cover, instead risking it on kids and injury prone players. We got away light last year with injuries to the front 3 but it was the injuries at the back that cost us the league. Don't know why everyone is getting their panties all wet over beating tranmere.
You are unreasonable. Last year we spent a lot of money.
Fabinho – Monaco – £39m
Naby Keita – RB Leipzig – £52.75m
Xherdan Shaqiri – Stoke – £13.75m
Alisson – Roma – £65m

Spent: £170.5m

You cannot expect us to have multiple super stars on the bench watching Firminho, Salah and Mane play. Last year we had Divock Origi, and most fans are rather pleased with what he did when he was called upon. If you want bigger stars than that on the bench, maybe look to Manchester City or Barcelona instead, because Liverpool, while now a wealthy and rich club, is not the pet project of a Sheik or an Russian Oligarch. Our owners are good, they invest etc., but they are still some what normal and not autocratic mafia bosses with a pet project. You expect too much.

Last edited:

Magnus

Your truth sounds like the dreams of a 16-17 year old, with no regards to what money is. You want the funds that an Oligarch or a Sheik can spew into his pet project, not of that of a some what normal club with owners from a democracy. Be careful when you call people morons, when you have so little understanding of life's realities yourself.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Eh ?
You do realise we arent Man city so we can't afford to have our 2nd 11 made up of 60m players. City's owners Cook the books and hide how they are pumping money into the club so that their 2rd string side is better than most teams 1st team. They can afford to take a hit on a big money transfer that doesnt work . we have to be savy about out deals.
So you weren't happy with ho we did in the league last season?

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
...but it was the injuries at the back that cost us the league.
We conceded 22 goals. The best in the division. I’m not sure what else slightly more fit defenders could have done.

The reason why we lost the league was City took four points out of six from us, and we only took one of them. If we‘d taken a draw at the Etihad, or won the game at Anfield, we’d have won the league.

11mm and a bad refereeing decision. That was the difference between us. Oh, and we managed to stay in the Champions League.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I know people have been rough with you, because your post was a bit kneejerk (although a kneejerk two years after joining :D) but shall we lay off the personal insults?

And that goes for everyone else too. Play the ball, and not the man please.

Commando

Ad-free Member
I went a time or two to Prenton Park to watch ol' Tramcar Rovers and the end we were in was just a flat area of trodden earth (no mound) with a roof covering it. This would've been the early to mid-sixties and the part of the ground we were in was really short of amenities. I don't think there was even a pie stall -- HORROR
lol lol lol lollollol
You didn't look carefully enough. The pie stall in those days was between the artisan beer outlet and the cheese room.

Going to be a serious blunder by klopp not to get some players in for cover, instead risking it on kids and injury prone players. We got away light last year with injuries to the front 3 but it was the injuries at the back that cost us the league. Don't know why everyone is getting their panties all wet over beating tranmere.
Hello @benire, was "Redcafe" not filling your needs so you thought you'd come and troll us?

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
Great to see the lads back in action.

Origi's control of Matip's pass was just majestic. That was top class. Brewster looks like he's ready to contribute this coming season, will be interesting to see if he gets more goals than Divock.

Loved watching Hoever, everything he did was top class. His passing, pace and his use of the ball, seems he has the lot in abundance. He's developing very nicely, we have yet another a Rolls Royce on our hands don't we?

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
The problem is that Clyne has £€$ £€$ in his eyes and wants to see out his contract.
Not really a problem though. We know Klopp doesn't keep players who don't show the desired behaviour, so if Clyne stays it means it's all good. Moreno and Sturridge stayed on expiring deals, and there was no problem. The club were also prepared to do the same thing with Origi, and I'm guessing there's a good chance it will be the same with Lallana.

Klopp gets a year's service from a reliable player he knows well, and Clyne gets the opportunity to finish his Liverpool career with an adventure. Most likely it's his last season with a title contender and CL-level club.

Also, maybe this season is what's needed to get the likes of Hoever and Larouci/Lewis ready for a first team role, and Clyne can help bridge that gap.

Limiescouse

Hah yeah, our jockey will never live that down.
I really hate the story around that comment. The problem with his comment was not that he was proven wrong about kids, but that it drastically over stated how inexperienced their side was. The only kids who started that game were the Nevilles and Scholes (you have to accept that Keane and Sharpe were already established pros with league titles to their name). Of them, it was only Phil who was really new to the side as both Gary Neville and had Scholes had already broken through and played a significant role the year before.

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I really hate the story around that comment. The problem with his comment was not that he was proven wrong about kids, but that it drastically over stated how inexperienced their side was. The only kids who started that game were the Nevilles and Scholes (you have to accept that Keane and Sharpe were already established pros with league titles to their name). Of them, it was only Phil who was really new to the side as both Gary Neville and had Scholes had already broken through and played a significant role the year before.
Yeah, I agree, but that statement will run with him until hell freezes over ... unfortunately. Saying things like that on a well watched TV programme is very unforgiving and lives with you until the last person hearing it forgets.

Limiescouse

Yeah, I agree, but that statement will run with him until hell freezes over ... unfortunately. Saying things like that on a well watched TV programme is very unforgiving and lives with you until the last person hearing it forgets.
Sure. It will rightly stay with Hansen, but the lesson people learned is the wrong lesson.

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I'd say that bit of advice works for anybody and not just pundits.
That's very true, mate, but not everyone opens their mouth organ on telly and lives to regret it. Saying that, I believe jocky Hansen isn't that bothered with it. Water off a duck's ......