• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match: Tranmere v Liverpool (11/7/19 7.30pm)

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Woohooo... actual proper football is back! :cheers:

Where does the idea that Arroyo is highly rated come from?

As far as I can see he has been a complete flop at Mallorca and Gent. He is nearly 20 years old and has a grand total of 1 professional appearance and that was in Colombia.
It's his name:

Arroyo ---> Arrow ---> he must be f.cking fast ---> great prospect and future world-class player ;-)

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
My XI:

Mignolet (assume he'll be back before then), Ki-Jana Hoever, Joe Gomez, Nat Phillips, Arroyo; Lallana, Fabinho, AOC; Wilson, Brewster, Woodburn

Surprised that neither Lewis nor Larouci were included in that first 16?

I think Nat Phillips plays so that he can be moved on as being "match fit" following injuries. It would be a case of putting him in the shop window, I think. Klopp likes to be able to assure teams who take our players that, if possible, they're ready to play. I really like Phillips so it will be a shame to lose him but he's at the age where he really needs to move on if he's not going to feature in and around the senior team.

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
My XI:

Mignolet (assume he'll be back before then), Ki-Jana Hoever, Joe Gomez, Nat Phillips, Arroyo; Lallana, Fabinho, AOC; Wilson, Brewster, Woodburn

Surprised that neither Lewis nor Larouci were included in that first 16?

I think Nat Phillips plays so that he can be moved on as being "match fit" following injuries. It would be a case of putting him in the shop window, I think. Klopp likes to be able to assure teams who take our players that, if possible, they're ready to play. I really like Phillips so it will be a shame to lose him but he's at the age where he really needs to move on if he's not going to feature in and around the senior team.
According to the Echo, Simon Mignolet is not expected back until later this week.

"Liverpool will start pre-season with Kamil Grabara and Vitezslav Jaros as their available keepers, with the former likely to start at Prenton Park. "

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
According to the Echo, Simon Mignolet is not expected back until later this week.

"Liverpool will start pre-season with Kamil Grabara and Vitezslav Jaros as their available keepers, with the former likely to start at Prenton Park. "
Ok cheers, any idea why they weren't involved in the first training session? I haven't seen much of Grabara and nothing of Jaros (actually, think I saw highlights of a game he played) but they're both highly rated. Would happily throw either of them in.

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
Ok cheers, any idea why they weren't involved in the first training session? I haven't seen much of Grabara and nothing of Jaros (actually, think I saw highlights of a game he played) but they're both highly rated. Would happily throw either of them in.
Jaros is supposed to be a talent. Played for 2 of the youth teams last year!

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
Sorry, I've no idea. No mention on the Club site, and they're not included on any of the pre-season training videos. If I find out anything I'll let you know.

Clive

Great I’ll check this match out on Friday (well earned day off).

I love how we play these friendlies at these local smaller clubs each preseason. Must help out financially hosting the European champions. We must look into playing Everton next year?

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
If Origi returned today, then I guess Mignolet will also follow in the next days... perhaps play in our second friendly.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
I would love to put youngsters in this match, really want to see Rhian and Sepp in action. Let the m have a go and mix and match the veterans with the rookies:). I usually never bother with team selection as I am atrocious at selecting the right player.

ETA:
Arroyo who? Where did he spring from??

Last edited:

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
Where does the idea that Arroyo is highly rated come from?

As far as I can see he has been a complete flop at Mallorca and Gent. He is nearly 20 years old and has a grand total of 1 professional appearance and that was in Colombia.
Recent article about him!

It's not really much other than an obligatory 'forgotten about Liverpool player not embarrassing himself at youth tourney, maybe someone will want him'.

Personally I want to see Wilson and Brewster play with some of our seasoned first teamers, although this may be a game or two early.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Fringe and youth players in this game I reckon.
Shop window for Clyne and players like him.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Ad-free Member
I would love to put youngsters in this match, really want to see Rhian and Sepp in action. Let the m have a go and mix and match the veterans with the rookies:). I usually never bother with team selection as I am atrocious at selecting the right player.

ETA:
Arroyo who? Where did he spring from??
Columbian fullback we bought two years ago and haven't been able to secure him a visa. Hoping he doesn't go the same path as our Brazilian Allan who is also stuck in loan limbo...there are a few videos available on the web

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
Echo saying Migs will be fast-tracked into the team for this as we're short on other options.

"The Reds begin their warm-up campaign with a trip to League One neighbours Tranmere Rovers on Thursday missing a number of keepers.

Alisson Becker is now on holiday after helping Brazil win the Copa America on Sunday, Caoimhin Kelleher is recovering from surgery on a broken wrist, and Kamil Grabara has yet to return from having appeared for Poland at the UEFA European Under-21 Championship.

It means Mignolet will almost certainly go straight into the side at Prenton Park despite having still not returned to Melwood on Wednesday morning, while under-18s regular Vitezslav Jaros heads a group of other young keepers vying for a role."