• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Pre Match: Tranmere v Liverpool (11/7/19 7.30pm)

William Clarke

REDSHIRT ~ I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
Although as fans we want our side to win everything put in its path, this evening's game is just part of bringing the playing staff up to fitness after the summer break. All I hope is that those who play keep well clear of injury, but I don't expect Tramcar Rovers to be breaking a gut either, so it will just be like the training game that it is.

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
I am looking forward to tonights game.

I want to see the kids against a real side rather than the kids teams from other clubs.

Will Duncan get a run ? I hope so; will Kent get a quick runaround before Rangers agree to pay £12m for him. Lewis or Larouci at left back or will Jurgen throw us all a curve ball and play Milly there.

Anyway we will soon know :)

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
Liverpool intend to name a different XI for each half in tonight's pre-season friendly with Tranmere Rovers.

Rhian Brewster and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain are set to feature in the opening 45 minutes, as will Simon Mignolet following his return to Melwood earlier on Thursday.

Divock Origi will lead the line after the break, a day on from signing a new long-term contract, while there are chances for the likes of Bobby Duncan, Paul Glatzel and Adam Lewis.

First-half team: Mignolet, Clyne, Phillips, Gomez, Larouci, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Kent, Wilson, Brewster.

Second-half team: Jaros, Hoever, Matip, Johnston, Lewis, Fabinho, Jones, Woodburn, Duncan, Glatzel, Origi.

Additional substitute: Atherton.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Second half team is pretty offensive on paper.

Magnus

The man i am most curious about is Oxlade-Chamberlain. He was very promising before he got injured and we know that he was a good player at Arsenal. But you never know after such a bad injury, some players never get back to their best. So crossing fingers both for us and for him!

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
My XI:

Mignolet (assume he'll be back before then), Ki-Jana Hoever, Joe Gomez, Nat Phillips, Arroyo; Lallana, Fabinho, AOC; Wilson, Brewster, Woodburn
Officially Announced Starting XI on the website:

Migs
Clyne
Phillips
Gomez

Larouci
Ox
Milner
Lallana
Kent
Wilson
Brewster
7 out of 11. Anyone's guess get closer?

lightdrizzle

TIA Reserve Team
Huge couple of weeks for some of these players, be great if the likes of Brewster and Wilson could really shine before the reaminder of the squad return.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
What a goal by Clyney! And great feed from Brewster!

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Larouci just had a glorious chance to score from a nice flick from Lallana. But he waited and it gave the keeper time to set himself.

Joe Gomez x

So far really impressed with our left side (Lacouir? and Kent). Ox has looked rusty but only 15 minutes in. Loved Gomez’s run for the goal and brilliant by Brewster and especially Clyne
Edit: Lallana has some brilliant feet on the ball and the Tranmere right full is one tough c**t lol

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
Lallana always have a sweet touch, layoff in him. If only he can keep fit, he will be a fantastic squad option.