PRE MATCH: Watford v Liverpool, Vicarage Road, PL Match Day 13, Saturday November 24th, 1500hrs BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanRed

A bit early to start this thread i know.

Two very important away games after the international break. First it's a trip to Watford where we surely need to step up our Performance compared to last week to get a result. Then it's our next 'most important game so far' of the Season against PSG where we surely need our strongest 11.

With that in mind it could mean that some players (who played for their national teams) will get a rest against Watford. Maybe Klopp is already thinking about a lineup with non internationals like Milner, Lallana, Sturridge, Matip but hopefully not Moreno and Clyne.

Anyone know how Watford got to impressive 20 points so far? playing style? Star player? Danger men?

I hope nobody gets injured during the break and we can get 3 points because next weekend it's also Spurs v Chelsea, Bournemouth v Arsenal and Pellegrini v Man City.

sms1986

Already match day 13, we're looking good in the table even if we've been poor on the pitch but I think we'll soon look a lot better.

Watford won their first four games and that includes against Spurs but have lost or drawn most of their games since. I don't see us losing to them.

Redopium

Klopp will go for a strong 11 I should think, Milner, Hendo and Gini in midfield, Gomez, Lovren VVD and Robertson in defence.

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
what is this? one week premier, one week Internationals?

The last game was so long ago, Ive forgotten what happened... oh yeah, we won ! This is the next test. I think we should be up for it, under normal circumstances, however when half the team have gone half way around the world four times since the start of the season and crossed more time zones that the hubble telescope... then I think we are going to play disjointed again.... give us 10 games on the spin and maybe we can develop a bit of consistency.... In other words, dissolve FIFA, and get a proper elected body who is for and not against football...

1-3 . Milner plus 10 others....
(cant name the team because I have no idea of who travelled where, when and in what condition they returned)

GermanRed

For Fabinho this could be the final test to show that he is ready for PL football.

Think vs. PSG we need three midfielders to protect our Defense - means no start as a #10 for Shaqiri -> makes it more likely to see Shaqiri against Watford.

I hope we can beat Watford with a 11 like the following

Alisson
TAA Matip Vvd Robertson
Milner Fabinho Lallana
Shaqiri
Sturridge Firmino

Red Ted

For Fabinho this could be the final test to show that he is ready for PL football.

Think vs. PSG we need three midfielders to protect our Defense - means no start as a #10 for Shaqiri -> makes it more likely to see Shaqiri against Watford.

I hope we can beat Watford with a 11 like the following

Alisson
TAA Matip Vvd Robertson
Milner Fabinho Lallana
Shaqiri
Sturridge Firmino

That line up would be asking for trouble like Huddersfield away, it's more League Cup than a tough & important PL away game, it would be one of the slowest Liverpool teams for a long time and for no good reason.

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
Until I know whose available after international duty I’ll restrict myself to saying that this is a potentially very tough fixture.

Red over the water

Just want to echo what everyone is saying. The international game is ridiculous. How many breaks to the Prem season do we need? The whole thing is in need of a serious sit down to thrash it all out, as one can’t escape the feeling that everyone wants more money - FIFA, UEFA, the Prem, the FA and all the various sponsors and hangers on. Consequently more and more is getting added to the schedule, which is detrimental to the health of the players and also the actual spectacle itself, with peak form all-but-impossible with tired players and all the stopping and starting.

Bah humbug.

Red over the water

PS - as for the Watford game we have to keep up winning ways to keep some sort of pressure on Man City, and I think we will find a way to do it. Not sure what team we’ll go with, as it remains to be seen if there will be injuries or travel related tiredness, and there’s also the small matter of the PSG game to navigate.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
I just know the Brazilians are in Milton Keynes on Tuesday. Milner, Studge and lallana will have stayed in Liverpool....

The more time Klopp has with players, the better the performances.

GermanRed

I just know the Brazilians are in Milton Keynes on Tuesday. Milner, Studge and lallana will have stayed in Liverpool....

The more time Klopp has with players, the better the performances.
I’ve built my possible line up on that information. Matip also retired from his national team so I have the feeling he will start this one.

What we also cannot forget is that we have the derby after Watford and Paris away. Don’t think there will be many players besides Alisson to start all three.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
I’ve built my possible line up on that information. Matip also retired from his national team so I have the feeling he will start this one.

What we also cannot forget is that we have the derby after Watford and Paris away. Don’t think there will be many players besides Alisson to start all three.
Have you ever been in and out of Milton Keynes?

Your head would be spinning with all those roundabouts. I’d rather a 12 hour flight.

GermanRed

How so? Don’t you think it’s way too early to be writing players off? He’s only started a handful of matches and you giving him an ultimatum already?
Think you misunderstood my post or I did not wrote it down clear enough Eduardo :rolleyes:

That wasn’t an ultimatum but more like 'if he has a good game away against Watford after the international break then he is ready to face to all the other PL teams'. Klopp did leave him out for a reason at the start of the season and until now he only had good games at Anfield against Cardiff and Red Star. I’m expecting Watford away to be a very tricky and intense test.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
Yeah Kwala, you're spot on mate. All this international footy is now taking the piss. It's almost as aggravating as that Brexit bollocks.

As for team selection, all I know is that I REALLY want to see Shaqiri in the team.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Rediculous how many breaks there are this time of year.

kwala

TIA Regular
Well weve now got 10 games in 34 days coming up. This is where the season really starts to get going.

Lets hope we can get into some rhythm and form to help carry from one game to the next.
Personally i cant wait to watch us twice a week for a while. International non tournament footy is dull! Well England are! I enjoyed the Switzerland Shaqiri inspired comeback!

Roll on Saturday! Shaqiri and Mo were on top form. Lets hope they bring some of that back with them, and that we get straight back at it and take the 3 points!

Last edited:

Arminius

FSG PR plant
This ends up being the first in a much trickier week of fixtures than it looked. Away to the 7th place team, away for a critical CL group match, derby.

Probably cannot start the same XI for all three. Watford and Everton will be the more physical, PSG will require the strongest possible midfield in order to starve their forwards.

Last edited:

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Nah...def pineapple rind. It's like a more prickly (but sweeter) banana skin...
You obviously have forgotten what a match thread on here is like if we aren't winning by 100 goals after 5 passes. ;-)

Poisonous with a bitter aftertaste - yep that is definitely an apple core mate lol

Status
Not open for further replies.