PRE MATCH: Watford v Liverpool, Vicarage Road, PL Match Day 13, Saturday November 24th, 1500hrs BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
I would love to see

Becker
Clyne Gomez VvD Robbo
Fab
Shaq Keita
Salah Sturridge Origi/Woodburn

Give Mane a rest and Jordan as welll

Lallana Solanke Milner to sub in

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
I would love to see

Becker
Clyne Gomez VvD Robbo
Fab
Shaq Keita
Salah Sturridge Origi/Woodburn

Give Mane a rest and Jordan as welll

Lallana Solanke Milner to sub in
Why Clyne? Think I'd rather see Fabhino at RB if TAA is to be given a rest.

We should go at this lot from the off, get a goal or two and then deploy our newly acquired game management skills. Given that Hendo is injured again, Keita is fit and Lallana is a waste of space, I'd have a midfield of Gini, Keita and Milner with Shaq up front replacing the out of sorts Mane. Obviously Bobby and Mo would complete the front three. It won't be an easy game but we shouldn't settle for a draw if we want to keep pace with Man City. I think we should be happy with a 0-1 or 1-2.

1dragon

TIA Regular
I would not put Matip against Troy Deeney. He will just get bullied to submission. Lovren gets the vote for me as Gomez or Clyne may have to play RB. Shaqiri must start to give us some form of attacking thrust.

Allison
Gomez-Lovren-VVD-Robertson
Fabinho-Wijnaldum
Salah-Shaq-Mane
Firmino

Sturridge to start if Firmino is still feeling tired.

GermanRed

This ends up being the first in a much trickier week of fixtures than it looked. Away to the 7th place team, away for a critical CL group match, derby.

Probably cannot start the same XI for all three. Watford and Everton will be the more physical, PSG will require the strongest possible midfield in order to starve their forwards.
Alisson, VvD, Robertson, Gomez and two of the Front3 will Play all three i think.

Wish we could beat Watford with

Alisson
Gomez Matip VvD Robertson
Lallana Fabinho Milner
Shaqiri
Sturridge Firmino

Would make Things much easier for the games after that but Watford are no pushovers.

IMO Henderson, Wijnaldum, Salah and Mané will be needed against PSG.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Alisson, VvD, Robertson, Gomez and two of the Front3 will Play all three i think.

Wish we could beat Watford with

Alisson
Gomez Matip VvD Robertson
Lallana Fabinho Milner
Shaqiri
Sturridge Firmino

Would make Things much easier for the games after that but Watford are no pushovers.

IMO Henderson, Wijnaldum, Salah and Mané will be needed against PSG.
I think that team is definitely good enough to beat Watford, but 1 change I would make is to play Hendo and keep Fabinho for the PSG game. He has the knowledge and experience of playing in the French league so could be instrumental in how we deal with PSG as he knows them better.

GermanRed

I think that team is definitely good enough to beat Watford, but 1 change I would make is to play Hendo and keep Fabinho for the PSG game. He has the knowledge and experience of playing in the French league so could be instrumental in how we deal with PSG as he knows them better.
Henderson, captain, big game mentality - clearly a starter against PSG. We also need Wijnaldum in that game.

The one thing i don't want to see against Paris is Shaqiri in our midfield because we need 3 midfielders to shield our back.

Commando

Some interesting line ups being offered here. Quite a few of our national team players will have their tails up after this break. Salah, Shaq, Gini, Virgil and the England lads. Depending on fitness, I 'd go for the strongest possible side to keep the momentum going.

Just want to echo what everyone is saying. The international game is ridiculous. How many breaks to the Prem season do we need? The whole thing is in need of a serious sit down to thrash it all out, as one can’t escape the feeling that everyone wants more money - FIFA, UEFA, the Prem, the FA and all the various sponsors and hangers on. Consequently more and more is getting added to the schedule, which is detrimental to the health of the players and also the actual spectacle itself, with peak form all-but-impossible with tired players and all the stopping and starting.

Bah humbug.
I have mixed feelings about these breaks. Mrs CDO and I are both retired now. She has a Man City season ticket and I have a season ticket for Anfield. We use these breaks for getaways to the sun. We're currently in Gran Canaria. These breaks mean we can get away and not have to miss a game on our STs.
Selfish I know, but you only live once and I like as much of it as possible to be in the sun. :tongue:

Commando

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
Why Clyne? Think I'd rather see Fabhino at RB if TAA is to be given a rest.

We should go at this lot from the off, get a goal or two and then deploy our newly acquired game management skills. Given that Hendo is injured again, Keita is fit and Lallana is a waste of space, I'd have a midfield of Gini, Keita and Milner with Shaq up front replacing the out of sorts Mane. Obviously Bobby and Mo would complete the front three. It won't be an easy game but we shouldn't settle for a draw if we want to keep pace with Man City. I think we should be happy with a 0-1 or 1-2.
Clyne because I want Fab playing the deep CM. I set up for attacking first half, get up a few goals then bring in Milner in second half to close up shop. Pereyra is a tricky customer at LW, and I want TAA rested for Neymar/PSG next week.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Need to just keep doing our job of winning.
My team would be:
.........................Alisson...................
TAA....Gomez....VVD....Robbo
.....Keita....Fabinho....Shaqs....
..Mane.....Firmino....Salah..

Watford are unpredictable. We need to be Clinical.

Alright Now

Need to just keep doing our job of winning.
My team would be:
.........................Alisson...................
TAA....Gomez....VVD....Robbo
.....Keita....Fabinho....Shaqs....
..Mane.....Firmino....Salah..

Watford are unpredictable. We need to be Clinical.
I need more than this. I need to know whom you want subbed and when.

7th Earl

This will no doubt be a tough fixture with the difficulty level up a notch after the international month break.

I kind of sense it is the kind of game to show where this current team really is. By all accounts we haven't really seen the best of our free flowing football or our pressing game, yet we have had a fantastic start points wise in the league.

Don't get me wrong I would take a last minute 0-1 win via an own goal all day long. However I just get the feeling if we perform like we have in some games but still got points, this might be the fixture where we get found out.

Added incentive: Spurs vs Chavs straight after our game.

Ironically we could do Utd a favour by beating Watford as they are one place below the Hornets. Good times.

Funny ol' game.

Last edited:

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Some interesting line ups being offered here. Quite a few of our national team players will have their tails up after this break. Salah, Shaq, Gini, Virgil and the England lads. Depending on fitness, I 'd go for the strongest possible side to keep the momentum going.

I have mixed feelings about these breaks. Mrs CDO and I are both retired now. She has a Man City season ticket and I have a season ticket for Anfield. We use these breaks for getaways to the sun. We're currently in Gran Canaria. These breaks mean we can get away and not have to miss a game on our STs.
Selfish I know, but you only live once and I like as much of it as possible to be in the sun. :tongue:

Move to Spain. :-)

lillypad_33

TIA New Signing
Alisson
TAA Gomez Lovren Robertson
Fabinho Milner
Shaqiri
Sturridge Firmino
VVD

Did you not see that final 10 minutes vs Germany :-)

jaffod

It will be interesting to see how Klopp shuffles the pack over the next few weeks with so many games between now and New Year. We'll see who can be relied upon and who can't.
Surely last chance saloon for Lallana, Sturridge, Matip, Origi and Clyne. Think Clyne is already done but we'll see.
For Saturday I'd go with VVD and Lovren, save Gomez for PSG. Milner would be a cert I think as would Shaqiri but will he be part of a front 3 or a bit deeper? Any of Keita, Fabinho, Gini or Hendo could partner Milner, we've got plenty of options atm but whoever plays will need to be up for it physically.
I'd like to see Salah and Mane play a bit further back so they can drive at Watford's full-back's rather than receive the ball when they are static, with Bobby or either Sturridge as striker.

Something like-

.......................................................Allison............................................

Trent.................Lovren......................VVD.........................Robertson

...................................Milner.................Keita..........................

Salah...............................Shaqiri..............................Mane..............

..................................................Bobby/ Sturridge..........................

Any win will be hard fought, a point acceptable.

FilthyBloke

Feels like we have not played for 286 days.
Just win! I want a strong line up. It’s one game where I’d be happy with our current trend of playing under par and scraping a win.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Watford wont be a pushover so we should go with the strongest possible lineup and set a pattern for the up coming games.
Surely Shaq is due a start.
CB is a bit hard I'd go with Gomez with VVD but Klopp may well decide to start Lovren.Either way ,can't see changing TAA and Robbo so the defence looks pretty good,might need someone to keep Alisson awake;-)

dockers_strike

I'll take a league win over Watford over a win in Paris against PSG everytime. This is going to be a tough game but we should have enough quality to overcome them. Bring it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.