PRE MATCH: Watford v Liverpool, Vicarage Road, PL Match Day 13, Saturday November 24th, 1500hrs BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alright Now

Definitely not the right spot to post this, but Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I’m thankful to be a Red, to have songs to sing, to have Jurgen in charge, to have made several friends on this forum, to have the opportunity to visit Anfield in December and fulfill my lifelong dream. I’m not thankful about the Watford match only being on NBC Gold, but I am thankful for Kezar pub and those eggs with chorizo.

YNWA

C

Caradoc

Definitely not the right spot to post this, but Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I’m thankful to be a Red, to have songs to sing, to have Jurgen in charge, to have made several friends on this forum, to have the opportunity to visit Anfield in December and fulfill my lifelong dream. I’m not thankful about the Watford match only being on NBC Gold, but I am thankful for Kezar pub and those eggs with chorizo.

YNWA

Have a good one man! Thanks for your great company on this forum! Hope you enjoy your Anfield experience! :well done:

Arminius

FSG PR plant
I'll take a league win over Watford over a win in Paris against PSG everytime. This is going to be a tough game but we should have enough quality to overcome them. Bring it on.
I just don't know. A win against PSG would secure advancement into the knockout rounds, and I really think it is critical to Klopp's overall effort to build LFC that the club is in those rounds, every year without fail. We probably do need all 3 points against Watford to keep pressure on City, but in terms of taking the club forward and not backward, much as I desperately want a title, I don't think it is a crisis if we come up short.

Commando

YNWA
Happy Thanksgiving @Alright Now. Have a great day and your visit to Anfield. :well done:

Mario Santi

Cardoso Kid

YNWA
I love those chorizo eggs at Kezar. See you there on Saturday.

dockers_strike

I just don't know. A win against PSG would secure advancement into the knockout rounds, and I really think it is critical to Klopp's overall effort to build LFC that the club is in those rounds, every year without fail. We probably do need all 3 points against Watford to keep pressure on City, but in terms of taking the club forward and not backward, much as I desperately want a title, I don't think it is a crisis if we come up short.
Everyone has the right to their own opinions. Me, I just think we'd get even better players and standing if we were Champions of England playing in the CL rather than 2nd, 3rd or 4th placed club doing so. In any event, I think it is embarrassing we are the only elite club in Europe who hasnt been national champions in almost a generation.

Perth Red

TIA Youth Team
Everyone has the right to their own opinions. Me, I just think we'd get even better players and standing if we were Champions of England playing in the CL rather than 2nd, 3rd or 4th placed club doing so. In any event, I think it is embarrassing we are the only elite club in Europe who hasnt been national champions in almost a generation.
Are you forgetting Spurs or stating they are not an elite club?

Duffyscouse

Watford will be tough but we have lots more depth now - Play Big Shaq and Fab with Gini - the holy Trinity up top - Big Virg, Dejan, Andy Robbo and Clyne - then change to Joe G and TTA a Paris avec Hendo, Milly and Gini with the fab 3 up top

Big Alli :-) in goal obvs

Simples

Red Ted

Spurs are not even close to being an elite club & it'll take a lot more than a shiney new stadium to be one.

C

Caradoc

Anyone got any of those chorizo eggs going spare ....... ? :((

Last edited by a moderator:

Gazmaninaus

I think our eyes may already be on PSG but it’s going to be tough over there. First though is Watford so I think it’s got to be one game at a time. Hell isnt the derby up soon.

sms1986

I think our eyes may already be on PSG but it’s going to be tough over there. First though is Watford so I think it’s got to be one game at a time. Hell isnt the derby up soon.
Yeah, the derby is the match after PSG.

peter roberts

On the Celtic Ray
This is going to be a tough game and we'll need to be at something like our best to come away with the points. Muscle needed in midfield so Klopp might go for Fab , Milly and Gini which would be extremely harsh on Shaq. I'd have him down as a definite starter now regardless of the opposition.

Just.Get.Three.Points.Please.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Depends which Watford turn up really. They can be a tough, obstinate opponant who are well capable of taking points off the big teams. But they can also be an absolute pushover. Let’s hope it’s the second. They haven’t been in great form of late.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
International break, playing a dangerous team away who raise their game against quality opposition and Jon Moss reffing. What could possibly go wrong?

Under normal circumstances a draw here would be perfectly OK, especially with Chelsea and Spurs playing each other. But if we are serious title contenders we probably need to win all the games against teams outside the top 6 if we're going to keep up any kind of pressure on City. Team selection is tricky too with PSG coming up midweek. That is a massive game. Win and we are through, barring a Red Star win so I'm guessing JK will want his strongest possible team out for that one.

He said just now that everyone's available apart from Lallana (injured again) so we go into this in good shape. Watford are a hard, physical team. Recent bit of bragging from Deeney about how they kicked Zaha out of the game against Palace so we need to watch out for that and make sure Moss knows about it too. Not that I'm confident he'd do much about it though. They will play quite narrow so a bit of central creativity will be required to open them up. Shaqiri should start, possibly at the expense of one of the usual front 3. I like the understanding he's getting with Mo and we need to work on developing that. If he plays and plays well, he could be the critical factor here.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
I know this is not the most brilliant insight going, but I'd really like to win both these matches. All three, really.

I agree about being even more interesting to players, but I don't think the relative gain is anywhere near the relative loss from not getting out of the groups - although that is nowhere near as significant in turn as qualifying in the first place. Just generally, as long as I feel we are not sliding backward, it is much easier to be patient.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Well throwing in Evertons cup match against Liverpool it’s goint to be a tough three games. Everton only ever hope to play and win against us. We are their World Cup.
When did they last play to win versus LFC? I only remember the ones where they played to kick lumps out of Liverpool players.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
This will be tough. Some people would call it a banana skin of a game. However, if we turn up and play another 3 points will come our way. Watford are a big side so I would go with Gomez at RB and bring in Lovren for the extra physicality.

Would go with a solid no-nonsense physical side.

.............................Becker...............
Gomez........Lovren.......Virgil......Robertson
...............Milner. .......Fabinho.......
......................Wijnaldum. ................
Salah................Firmino..............Mane

I think we have too much quality not to win this as long as we play well.

Away win 1-2. The BigMan and Sadio with the goals.

Last edited:

Flobs

FADA

YNWA
What's Thanksgiving?

Flobs

FADA
I would love to see

Becker
Clyne Gomez VvD Robbo
Fab
Shaq Keita
Salah Sturridge Origi/Woodburn

Give Mane a rest and Jordan as welll

Lallana Solanke Milner to sub in
Sturridge? against Watford?
I'm still having nightmares remembering seeing him defending the central zone at corners against Red stumps. I am not ready for a nervous breakdown. :((

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
This has got banana skin written all over it. Cold day, tight little ground, players tired after a week of travelling, they are a on a great run. I am worried.

Alright Now

This has got banana skin written all over it. Cold day, tight little ground, players tired after a week of travelling, they are a on a great run. I am worried.
In league:
They started WWWW for 12/12 points
Since then LDLLWWLD for 8/24 points

They seem to have faded after a perfect start. But like you, I’m worried. As usual.

epsomred

Give yourselves the chance to be heros
In league:
They started WWWW for 12/12 points
Since then LDLLWWLD for 8/24 points

They seem to have faded after a perfect start. But like you, I’m worried. As usual.
I worry about every game. Used to be a lot more confident but 40 years of supporting LFC erodes your optimism. We are unsurpassed when it comes to clutching defeat from the jaws of victory.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
3pm kickoffs have more of the 'routine' about them, meaning lower sides get results against the big teams less frequently. That's my theory anyway, backed up by absolutely 0 data.

Bearing that in mind, 2-0 to the reds and a load of moaning afterwards about how poorly we're playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.